Lee
    Last Online
    13-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum vr4 rall

Pay you to do me a list of parts I need

I need to replace some parts of the suspension and fit my Brembo calipers front and rear,
    When driving the car it makes knocks and bangs, but especially harsh sounding when going over pot holes, also when i reverse and then go forward it makes a clunk noise, so something is obviously worn or lose there also.

So parts I'd like are the typical serviceable parts under each arch such as drop links, bushes, wish bones? (Not sure whats under each arch) rear diff mounts? Or bushes?

Regards brakes, they are dangerously bad, I need to know what length hoses I need front and rear, I know the rear hoses have different fitment and evo hoses can be used but which? Do I just buy normal evo 5 6 7 8 9 disks? Will tbat be fine?

I've not driven the car since maybe a couple of weeks after confused garage day, I want to sort these issue's out and then drive it more, I am currently working abroa9so would like to order what parts I can so I can fit them when i get home all at once,

Give me a price I'll pay you then send me the list, the list has to contain where I can actually buy the parts from, I'm not paying for a list of general parts on the car.

Tha is for your help

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    31-07-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4 M/T

Quote Originally Posted by Layton1985 View Post
    I need to replace some parts of the suspension and fit my Brembo calipers front and rear,
    When driving the car it makes knocks and bangs, but especially harsh sounding when going over pot holes, also when i reverse and then go forward it makes a clunk noise, so something is obviously worn or lose there also.

So parts I'd like are the typical serviceable parts under each arch such as drop links, bushes, wish bones? (Not sure whats under each arch) rear diff mounts? Or bushes?

Regards brakes, they are dangerously bad, I need to know what length hoses I need front and rear, I know the rear hoses have different fitment and evo hoses can be used but which? Do I just buy normal evo 5 6 7 8 9 disks? Will tbat be fine?

I've not driven the car since maybe a couple of weeks after confused garage day, I want to sort these issue's out and then drive it more, I am currently working abroa9so would like to order what parts I can so I can fit them when i get home all at once,

Give me a price I'll pay you then send me the list, the list has to contain where I can actually buy the parts from, I'm not paying for a list of general parts on the car.

Tha is for your help
    You can use normal evo brake discs for your brembo conversation front and rear without any problems.
    Hydraulic brakes lines are also evo banjo fittings at the calapiers same and will connect to your existing lines.
    Dave O

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    13-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum vr4 rall

Thanks, I have done some reading of the above parts and threads but they are all dated 2005, also the brembo brake upgrade thread said longer hoses are needed but then doesn't specify length?

Thanks

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm sure you'll get the help you need for free, no need to pay anyone.

Assuming you have a facelift car (or facelift front hub carriers) the Brembo front callipers will bolt straight on. Be aware that the bolts are shorter than the stock ones so hopefully you'll have the ones supplied with the brakes.

Rear needs some fettling as the larger disks will mean that the dust shields need either angle grinding off of cutting and flareing out (like a flower!)

For the brake lines, get in touch with Exact Engineering as they can make you a set. Tell them you have a VR4 with Brembos. http://www.exact-eng.co.uk/

For the disks, you can use any Evo 6 to 8 disks front and rear (as would have been used with the callipers on an Evo).

FRONT PARTS - You should check the parts before buying new, not all may need replacing!

MITSUBISHI GALANT FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR STABILISER LINK MB892981 (try ebay or local motor factors as commonly available) x2
    Genuine OE FEBI Bilstein MOUNTING BUSH ANTI ROLL BAR BUSH 41148 OE MR272646 (again should be commonly available or eBay) x2
    Front straight arm ARM ASSY,FR SUSP LATERAL,LWR LH MR296295 (highly recommend Mitsubishi original for this part) - try dealer or Viamoto
    Front straight arm ARM ASSY,FR SUSP LATERAL,LWR RH MR296296 (highly recommend Mitsubishi original for this part) - try dealer or Viamoto - https://www.viamoto.co.uk/proddetail...m%2FGalant+VR4
    Lower bent arm ARM ASSY,FR SUSP,LWR LH MR296293 - look online Ebay etc or Viamoto
    Lower bent arm ARM ASSY,FR SUSP,LWR RH MR296292 - look online Ebay etc or Viamoto https://www.viamoto.co.uk/proddetail...m%2FGalant+VR4
    Upper horseshoe - ARM ASSY,FR SUSP,UPR LH - MR162803 - look online or Viamoto
    Upper horseshoe - ARM ASSY,FR SUSP,UPR RH - MR162804 - look onlin or Viamoto https://www.viamoto.co.uk/proddetail...VR4+Galant+VR4

REAR PARTS - You should check the parts before buying new, not all may need replacing!

rear camber arms - LINK,RR SUSP ASSIST,LH - MR325255 - online or Viamoto
    rear camber arms - LINK,RR SUSP ASSIST,RH - MR325256 - online or Viamoto
    https://www.viamoto.co.uk/proddetail...alant+VR4+EC5A
    arb bush - BUSHING,RR SUSP STABILIZER - MR272716 - online or Viamoto x2 https://www.viamoto.co.uk/proddetail...art+-+MR272716

There are some suppliers of poly bushes which you could use in your existing arms but I have always used OEM arms so cant give you ant advice on that.

You should check the parts on your car for wear before ordering replacements as they are not cheap. For the front straight lower arms its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you go with OEM ones. Several people have previously reported issues using aftermarket ones where the ball joint collapses and the front wheel hits the inside of the front wing - ouch!.

Hope you find this useful.
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

What Tim said.

Exact Engineering will make you a set of lines.

If you remember you couldn't make it knock/bang on the garage day, but my best guess would be the front suspension lower curved arms. If you have the cash then definitely do the lower straight ones too with genuine as Tim said above.
    Also as above, Evo disks from 5 - 9 are good for the front and rear, just double check they are for Brembo fitment as some evos from that time came with "gravel spec" brakes which are effectively the same as stock VR4 stuff. The vast majority of stuff listed for evo 5-9 will be Brembo fitment.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    13-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum vr4 rall

Thanks so much for the replies, because I'm not home I'll buy a few bits and bobs anyway n just fit them, I'll have spares if some parts are still good, just feels really lose,

I had this with a 205 and replaced everything from suspension legs, rear beam, drop links wish bones even returned wheels n 4 brand new tyres, the difference it made was unbelievable, I think the suspension top strut rubbers and bearings make the biggest difference to be fair, I'll replace these as well if possible or just get a set of tein suspension legs? Have to see what condition they are in.

Thanks again for your replies, when's the next garage day?

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

We have double wishbone suspension not McPherson strut so not quite the same. Youcan buy the upper wishbone too though. I'd personally change the lower arms first as the upper is usually okay.