WOF Expiry Date: 1 March 2019
    Registration Expiry Date: 1 August 2019

Contact Method: PM here or phone 027 6077708

Price: offers

Car Description

Car History
    Imported to NZ and has had other owners

Modifications.
    MMCS has been removed, standard aircon control panel and new stereo installed in its place. Fusion F-2000 alarm installed. No other modifications that I know of.

Other information.
    Due to my retirement I have had to re-think my vehicle ownership. I can no longer justify having two Legnum VR-4's and no longer have sufficient income to carry out repairs which one of them needs so I have decided to sell my 1996 green Legnum. (It has an auto trans which has just been serviced and works fine).
    Anyone here in NZ that may be interested is invited to contact me for any more info and / or to come and look at it in person.

Bad bits
    It has a number of issues so it will be of appeal only to someone who would like a project and has the necessary facilities, or someone who would break it up for parts. I'm open to consider any offers.
    It has a current WOF (expires 01/03/2019) and registration (expires 01/08/2019), has 159143 km on the odometer and is fully driveable. The interior is very nice.
    Known issues:
    1. The AYC diff has a leaking seal; I have been quoted $1000 to repair this, mainly being labour time to remove and refit it.
    2. A small oil leak has appeared at the front, I'm advised it is coming from a seal which is not difficult to repair but requires removal of the transfer box and maybe more to access it so at least another $1000.
    3. The front cowling has been damaged prior to my ownership, the bog used by the repairer is now cracking up and will need repair or replacement of the whole thing.
    4. There is a small dent in the left hand side, again from previous owner, I didn't bother with fixing it as I thought removal of internal panels to fix it would cause more damage to trim and clips than it was worth.
    5. Since the last wheel alignment (following replacement of a tie-rod end) it has developed an intermittent judder which can be cleared by wiggling the steering wheel, I suspect the alignment was not done properly but don't want to spend more on it.
    6. It is believed although not confirmed that the company that did the last oil change used oil that was not fully synthetic and as a result the turbos have seized and will need repair or replacement, otherwise there is some other problem with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Humpty's Revenge; 26-01-2019 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Still available, everyone.
    It's listed on Trademe but the description had to be seriously trimmed to fit in the allowed number of characters, the above is the real deal.
    Come on folks, here's an opportunity for a home mechanic to make a nice car out of it!

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

SOLD.
    I'm unable to see how to change the thread title to reflect this although it must be possible as other people have on their threads.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Thanks to whoever fixed it for me!