Thread: APEXi AVC Type-R Fitting advice?

Name
    Alexander
    Last Online
    15-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4 TT
    My Garage
    Visit

APEXi AVC Type-R Fitting advice?

Anyone with an APEXi Type-R boost controller fitted mind giving me a few pointers as to where they located the Solenoid Valve and the Pressure Sensor in their engine bay?

There appears to be a specific installation diagram for the Gallant VR-4 on Page 51 labelled "EC5A Specific Hosing Diagram" but not being massively famaliar with the VR-4 engine bay it looks like I need to locate the "Wastegate Solenoid / Valve" and connect that pipe B to the APEXi Solenoid Valve but the diagram has one part still in Japanese and another part labelled "Red Paint" so it's all a little confusing

On good news though I did a power test today and the unit I bought from Forum member Peter roared to life on second test (note to anyone else doing this you need the Black Wire AND the Green Wire connected to Ground for it to turn on!)

Thanks very much!

Specific Installation Diagram:

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 19.21.07.png

Test Screen

APEXiTestSmall.jpg

Name
    Aaron
    Last Online
    27-10-2023
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    2000 Galant VR4

A few days late but did you figure it out in the end? Its been quite a few years since mine was installed so Ive forgotten where the stock solenoid is, but if you follow the wastegate hose/ tube that goes between the two turbos its shouldnt be too hard. Hopefully someone has a pic of the stock location!
    I think the Japanese means "to block off" but Im not certain. The red paint probably just refers to a red paint mark identifying that particular hose/fitting.
    Daily driver / circuit car / drag car / show car / weekend cruiser / project car

Name
    Alexander
    Last Online
    15-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4 TT
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    A few days late but did you figure it out in the end? Its been quite a few years since mine was installed so Ive forgotten where the stock solenoid is, but if you follow the wastegate hose/ tube that goes between the two turbos its shouldnt be too hard. Hopefully someone has a pic of the stock location!
    I think the Japanese means "to block off" but Im not certain. The red paint probably just refers to a red paint mark identifying that particular hose/fitting.
    Many thanks Aaron and yes all of the above makes sense - thanks for the advice

Peter directed me to this thread which, although not for the APEXi AVC-R, is a great overview of where all the pipes are etc. and confirms your points about red paint mark and "to block off"

For others who may be doing this in the future I also found these two threads which were great to read

APEXi ACV-R fitting on MR2 and this one referenced in the great post above for how to fit inside the car

Now just to get to the car and spend some time doing it (*and I also bought a matching APEXi SAFC just to fit that while I'm at it )

Alex

Name
    Aaron
    Last Online
    27-10-2023
    Country
    Japan
    Car
    2000 Galant VR4

Oh good to hear. Its a good unit once its all set up and you'll definitely notice the difference!