Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Smile ASC unit with wiring and alu block

Hello,

I am looking (worldwide, possibly europe tho) for ASC unit with wiring and aluminium block: vr-4 - 6a13tt - 1997. Thanks for tip.

M.

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Quote Originally Posted by xplsek03 View Post
    Hello,

I am looking (worldwide, possibly europe tho) for ASC unit with wiring and aluminium block: vr-4 - 6a13tt - 1997. Thanks for tip.

M.
    Hi I have whole car for breaking but cant figure out what you really after? maybe different wording or picture would clear this more?
    His FL Legnum VR4 running 238.8 ATW HP and 500Nm @1.05 bar on LPG
    Hers PFL Legnum VR4 COTY see here for full story
    Looking for AMSoil? click here

living in north west?
    would you like to meet with other VR4 fanatics?
    click here

My recent and ex Mitsubishi's

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Quote Originally Posted by adaxo View Post
    Hi I have whole car for breaking but cant figure out what you really after? maybe different wording or picture would clear this more?
    Ok, so what i am after is this: ASC unit (different term for traction unit, although this is newest version after facelift). I need it complete including wiring and this alu box which is on picture. How much?

117259644_2743510259204970_1967269859513196403_n.jpg

117230959_702452763817887_2785541843439123520_n.jpg

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

To me it looks like ABS pump?

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

To me it looks like ABS pump?
    I dont know about that. I know I need newest version of traction unit, with alu block, wiring and sensor which is located under steering wheel. Do you have the traction unit?

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

As I said I have whole working car to brake its facelift one and im sure there is parts you want, let me confirm tomorrow if I got what you want

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

As I said I have whole working car to brake its facelift one and im sure there is parts you want, let me confirm tomorrow if I got what you want
    Thanks man. Like I said, ASC is basically post-facelift upgraded version of TCL, installed mainly into galant shipped to switzerland (maybe because of that snow, idk). List of parts: ASC unit in the engine space, some kind of alu cube connected to it, wiring and sensor (?) which is located under steering wheel, connected to the unit.

I need it because I am building vr2 and i dont wanna change front tires every month.

Name
    Radek
    Last Online
    11-03-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant

Hi, maybe do you want to sell whole car?
    Last edited by Night95; 10-08-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Hey there. Anything new about that ASC unit?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Adam is very busy at the moment he is in the middle of rebuilding an engine and fitting the engine, gearbox and transfer case to the car so forgive him if he does not get back to you right away.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    Adam is very busy at the moment he is in the middle of rebuilding an engine and fitting the engine, gearbox and transfer case to the car so forgive him if he does not get back to you right away.
    Thanks Dave

yes extremely busy as need to sort out couple things before holiday so sorry but look like someone else need to help you unless you still looking for this after I'm back 1st September

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Thanks Dave

yes extremely busy as need to sort out couple things before holiday so sorry but look like someone else need to help you unless you still looking for this after I'm back 1st September

Do not worry man, I have lot of time. I just needed cleareance whether I shall stop looking for it or not. Hope to hear from you later then, thanks

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EC5W

Will do my best to sort it out b4 holiday just need to sort out more important things to me

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Do what is important. I will ask you again on start of september. Good luck then.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by xplsek03 View Post
    Thanks man. Like I said, ASC is basically post-facelift upgraded version of TCL, installed mainly into galant shipped to switzerland (maybe because of that snow, idk). List of parts: ASC unit in the engine space, some kind of alu cube connected to it, wiring and sensor (?) which is located under steering wheel, connected to the unit.

I need it because I am building vr2 and i dont wanna change front tires every month.
    Your reference to ASC being only on the facelift is incorrect.

Most pre-facelift auto VR4s will have TCL and ASC (type S). It consists of an ASC ecu (which is combined with the AYC ECU), an ABS hydraulic unit (the item you posted an image of), a G sensor and yaw sensor located under the armrest, and the steering angle sensor in the steering column.

The AYC with ASC ECU is also different between a manual car and an auto.

Its important to also know there was an official recall on the ABS unit due to the possibility of it malfunctioning and the brakes failing. It'll be quite difficult to be sure you source a modified version if you can't know the recall status of the donor vehicle.

The ASC is designed to correct slides when the wheels lose traction by varying the brake force per wheel. http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev...0050400ENG.HTM
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Quote Originally Posted by TAR View Post
    Your reference to ASC being only on the facelift is incorrect.

Most pre-facelift auto VR4s will have TCL and ASC (type S). It consists of an ASC ecu (which is combined with the AYC ECU), an ABS hydraulic unit (the item you posted an image of), a G sensor and yaw sensor located under the armrest, and the steering angle sensor in the steering column.

The AYC with ASC ECU is also different between a manual car and an auto.

Its important to also know there was an official recall on the ABS unit due to the possibility of it malfunctioning and the brakes failing. It'll be quite difficult to be sure you source a modified version if you can't know the recall status of the donor vehicle.

The ASC is designed to correct slides when the wheels lose traction by varying the brake force per wheel. http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/i-miev...0050400ENG.HTM
    Thank you, very informative.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

The ASC system is, as TAR said, a feature on a variety of vehicles, not just the facelift, but requires all the other sensors that go with it, and is for trying to prevent a slide, not to prevent traction loss on a driven wheel, so I don't think you'll get what you think you'll be getting if you go to the effort of swapping out all of these braking components.

If you want traction control to apply power to the ground well when driving only the front wheels, then I would be fitting an LSD to the gearbox, and an aftermarket engine ECU, such as a Link G4X StormX, and wire up the existing ABS sensors into the ECU. You can then have driven and non-driven wheel speeds (if you wire in at least 2, I would wire in all 4 if you've got free digital inputs), and then have the ECU cut fuel/ignition to the engine when it detects that the driven wheels are slipping. If you get a G4X XtremeX instead, you could also fit an electronic throttle body, which will also allow you to limit the throttle opening angle to further aid with dialling in the best torque delivery possible for the available traction. Or, if you step up again to the G4X FuryX you also get an on-board wideband O2 controller.

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    The ASC system is, as TAR said, a feature on a variety of vehicles, not just the facelift, but requires all the other sensors that go with it, and is for trying to prevent a slide, not to prevent traction loss on a driven wheel, so I don't think you'll get what you think you'll be getting if you go to the effort of swapping out all of these braking components.

If you want traction control to apply power to the ground well when driving only the front wheels, then I would be fitting an LSD to the gearbox, and an aftermarket engine ECU, such as a Link G4X StormX, and wire up the existing ABS sensors into the ECU. You can then have driven and non-driven wheel speeds (if you wire in at least 2, I would wire in all 4 if you've got free digital inputs), and then have the ECU cut fuel/ignition to the engine when it detects that the driven wheels are slipping. If you get a G4X XtremeX instead, you could also fit an electronic throttle body, which will also allow you to limit the throttle opening angle to further aid with dialling in the best torque delivery possible for the available traction. Or, if you step up again to the G4X FuryX you also get an on-board wideband O2 controller.
    Thanks, did not know this was possible, pretty pricy tho. I will let my mechanic know. Only one thing, will this LSD work with manual gearbox from 6a13?
    (I couldn't find fitting gearbox so we have gone with 6a13 one. Although I actually own original clutch for 6a13tt manual.)

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm not sure on the LSD side of things - you'll need to check your exact gearbox for compatible LSD choices.

Yes, the ECU is reasonably expensive, but the flexibility, ease of tuning, and the advanced features it gives you over a standard ECU are well worth it in my opinion. The ability to do things like limit boost by gear and add traction control will help you put that power down, as you will be traction limited. I have a VR4 engine driving the rear wheels of a Ford Anglia, and I'm definitely traction limited - once I get those systems properly set up, it'll be a game changer for how the car drives and how well it will accelerate at the maximum possible rate. The factory ECUs could never do what I want it to do!

Name
    Mxxxx
    Last Online
    04-01-2024
    Country
    Other
    Car
    1997 legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    I'm not sure on the LSD side of things - you'll need to check your exact gearbox for compatible LSD choices.

Yes, the ECU is reasonably expensive, but the flexibility, ease of tuning, and the advanced features it gives you over a standard ECU are well worth it in my opinion. The ability to do things like limit boost by gear and add traction control will help you put that power down, as you will be traction limited. I have a VR4 engine driving the rear wheels of a Ford Anglia, and I'm definitely traction limited - once I get those systems properly set up, it'll be a game changer for how the car drives and how well it will accelerate at the maximum possible rate. The factory ECUs could never do what I want it to do!
    Yeah, i gotta check that. So what you are saying is with the fury (probably will go with that) I don't need ASC anymore, that's a brutal game changer I have to say. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast