Thread: Prospective Purchaser

Last Online
    09-01-2006
    Country
    England
    Car
    mitsi pajero2.5 td

Question Prospective Purchaser

As an imminent purchaser of a VR4(as soon as my insurance co pays out that is!!!!!) I would like to know a little bit more about the difference between a Galant and a Legnum.Whats in a name I hear you say well I had a Pajero and I thought that it was the same as a UK spec Shogun.Er no not a lot not even a little bit more like 4 wheels on the outside and 1 on the inside and thats about it!!!!!!!!!.
    So if all goes well and I get what I am hoping for AND I buy a VR4(which by the way has to be an estate) can I go to my local Mitsubishi dealership and ask for whatever I need in the knowledge that he can get it ASAP or am I going to get looked upon as if I have got some contagious disease sign over my head in green neon?.
    Also do Galants from the UK have different chassis codes to those from Japan ie to a franchised dealer is the model instantly recogniseable from the chassis number?
    Fanxxx!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

A Legnum is a Japanese spec Galant estate. The saloons were still called Galants.

All VR4's are imports. Some were imported new, but all have an aftermarket speedo converter and foglight. Therefore you can not buy a factory UK spec VR4. It never existed.

Apart from the twin turbos and 4WD, the MMCS is about the only Japanese extra that UK buyers weren't offered at some point. You can search the site on MMCS, and visit the buyers guide under the resource tab at the top of the page.

If a site search doesn't turn up the answers, then ask - we'll try and point you in the right direction.

Name
    Nige
    Last Online
    29-02-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Welcome.

If you've had a Pyjama then you'll be aware that, unlike Subaru and Nissan GB, UK Mitsi dealers welcome grey imports - it's even advertised thus on brochures.

I've never had a problem getting parts. Sometimes they're shipped direct from europe or japan though so can be a wait for them. All franchised dealers have access to the Mitsi intranet & can safely enter your chassis no. to get all the info they need.

DON'T trust them to give you reliable information regarding recalls though - we can tell you all about those. This is one area that is very poorly handled by the majority of dealers (as members' experience has shown).

Last Online
    09-01-2006
    Country
    England
    Car
    mitsi pajero2.5 td

Thumbs up Thread replies

To both Nick Mann and Wirdy
    Thank-you both for answering so quickly.I shall bear in mind the info you both gave .Once again thanks.
    ps.R U the same Nick Mann that used to have a rather rapid V8 Morris Minor in Castrol colours several years ago?

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by swyn
    ps.R U the same Nick Mann that used to have a rather rapid V8 Morris Minor in Castrol colours several years ago?
    Nope! But you are not the first person to ask!

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by swyn
    To both Nick Mann and Wirdy
    Thank-you both for answering so quickly.I shall bear in mind the info you both gave .Once again thanks.
    Do you think if he is this man you think he is that he is going to admit it .. ???

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GOOGLE.CO.UK
    ... Back in the 70's there was a guy called Nick Mann who did the hillclimb circuit competing in a Morris Minor which had a Rover V8 installed.
    I've met Nick, his paper round wouldn't have paid for a Morris Minor let alone a V8.

Steve

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    13-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Brunty
    I've met Nick, his paper round wouldn't have paid for a Morris Minor let alone a V8.

Steve

LOL!

Not sure I was old enough for a paper round!