Last Online
    05-12-2021
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Galant VR4

Converting Auto Prefacelift to Manual

Hi all

I have decided to convert my VR4 Auto to Manual. Can anyone point me to a baby guide on it.
    I want to clear up a few queries before starting.

As far as I know its a preface lift know this because its a has non high visibility dash and the gear box part number. So I should not have any wiring issues correct?.
    I have already changed my auto box once because I lost drive and never figured out if I fried the gearbox or the transfer case.
    My current auto seems to be in a pretty good condition how do I store it. Drain the ATF or keep as is.

Transfer case came with the manual gearbox ( I thinks its the same for auto and manual ) are they?
    the passenger side shaft that connects the transfer case and gearbox ( shorter on the manual) does anyone have a side by side picture of the two?
    the passenger side axle ( shorter on the manual) does anyone have a side by side picture of the two?

I have the flywheel but I dont have the bolts. Can I use the bolts from the auto Torque convertor plate ? I read some where that there are 3 small metal pieces that go around bolts of the flywheel. What are those?

The manual gearbox came with the top mount but the black front and back plates are missing can the auto ones be used ? Picture attached for REF

Any recommendation on the clutch and pressure plate. Can I use a OEM Evo 8 clutch disk and VR4 flywheel and pressure plate.

Unknown.jpeg
    Last edited by iftekhar.frt; 09-12-2020 at 06:45 PM.