Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS
    My Garage
    Visit

Quiet Forum?

Been away for a number of years and recently back in the fold. Getting old maybe and harping back to the days of yore and this place was a hive of activity. Has everyone descended to FB or elsewhere? Of all the forums I frequent I seem to hold ClubVr4 as the yardstick as to how a forum should be run. Plenty of knowledge shared and plenty of real world people, some who have turned into lifelong friends. The simple Pan Smiley is worth the fee all year long

Whats the solution to tempt more back online? I see other forums being resurrected as the FB groups just turn into a mess, so there definitley is a future. Im raging to miss the 20th Anniversary as that would have been awesome to reconnect with a lot of people.

Any ideas? Post more build threads? Post more pictures? Interact with others, tag them and get them involved? Understand people move on, cars move on, life catches up....but a forum can be a real escape for some when they need it. A welcome distration to enhance their hobbies and love for their cars whatever it may be.

Peace out.....
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Lots have left over the years, but those that remain mostly sit on the WhatsApp chat.
    Some on-topic chat (VR4) and mostly non-topic (usually Kryton's drunk purchases) going on.
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    26-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Atik View Post
    Lots have left over the years, but those that remain mostly sit on the WhatsApp chat.
    Some on-topic chat (VR4) and mostly non-topic (usually Kryton's drunk purchases) going on.
    Ahhh I see. Must get onto that so!

Hows yourself Atik? All good?

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    04-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Yeah all good here. Lurking on the forums and driving Nev's old RVR these days.

You'll need one of Whatsapp admin guys to give you the chat link. I'm sure they'll be along at some point.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

As Atik said, most of us now hang out and chat on WhatsApp (I'll PM you the link) since forums started going the way of the Dodo and social media such as Facebook made it "easier" and "quicker" to post and get answers, as people are generally on there more than they visit specific forums nowadays.

I've "rescued" quite a few people from the Facebook groups and they've joined the WhatsApp group and I've pointed them in this direction!

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    26-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS
    My Garage
    Visit

Cool. Forums good for the build threads/pics etc still too.

Ive noticed a renaissance of sorts in the Forums too. Escaping the SM style easy come easy go platform.

Name
    Konrad
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant VR4 FL

I think major issue od forum is that you don't have everything in one place like on Fb or WhatsApp. You can see that also ozvr4 has also low activity. But personally I like to use forum

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I grew up with forums, and it'd be part of my "daily routine" to open up a dozen of them and look at what's going on.

Realistically, now, I have WhatsApp and Facebook open, and not much else... And I think a lot of others do the same too.

I do love forums, for technical stuff there's no beating it, you can't find anything on Facebook once you've seen it, and good luck searching!

But, the instant gratification of having something like WhatsApp where 50+ people are getting notified as soon as a message is posted, and the flurry of responses... there's a certain dopamine hit there that forums don't give!

Name
    Lukas
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Or you have people like me, that don't have much time and money for the car (we just built a house, I cannot justify spending money on my car to my girl, she'd kill me ) and are not mechanics for all that techy talk that sometimes goes on here. It drives, therefore no need to come here often. I am mostly using the search function, and since there are SO many threads, there's no need to open a new one. I usually find what I need.
    Summer VR4 driver