Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Heath me old mucker ! how the devil are you?

There comes a time in life when age doesn't creep up....... It slaps you round the back of the head when you least expect it !!

time for me to join the EV revolution............ which wont come.... because the government says it will, & when have they ever been right ?

I chose the ID.3 for very specific reasons, ecological.... reduce my carbon footprint.... kinder to the environment.... recyclable etc

Actually.... that's a load of bollox !!! I ordered it 'cus the dealer is very near me & it was cheap [ deposit reduced from £2k to £449 ] sod the trees !!

I cant tell you much about it because I haven't even sat in one let alone a test drive !! guess I'm a bit like Andy Pipkin ............. "want one of those" LOL.

just some snippits of info for now about them..
    same size as a golf.... but taller
    similar wheelbase as a tesla m3
    roomier than an evoque
    quieter than an audi e'tron
    pro & re-active lightbar below windscreen that monitors / directs your driving...... & tells you off when you;re naughty !!
    IQ matrix 'smart' headlights...... basically... drive with main beam on permanenly

& lots more toys !

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by SGHOM View Post
    Heath me old mucker ! how the devil are you?

There comes a time in life when age doesn't creep up....... It slaps you round the back of the head when you least expect it !!

time for me to join the EV revolution............ which wont come.... because the government says it will, & when have they ever been right ?

I chose the ID.3 for very specific reasons, ecological.... reduce my carbon footprint.... kinder to the environment.... recyclable etc

Actually.... that's a load of bollox !!! I ordered it 'cus the dealer is very near me & it was cheap [ deposit reduced from £2k to £449 ] sod the trees !!

I cant tell you much about it because I haven't even sat in one let alone a test drive !! guess I'm a bit like Andy Pipkin ............. "want one of those" LOL.

just some snippits of info for now about them..
    same size as a golf.... but taller
    similar wheelbase as a tesla m3
    roomier than an evoque
    quieter than an audi e'tron
    pro & re-active lightbar below windscreen that monitors / directs your driving...... & tells you off when you;re naughty !!
    IQ matrix 'smart' headlights...... basically... drive with main beam on permanenly

& lots more toys !
    I’m good thanks - nearly didn’t make it past 2019, but thankfully here still to tell the tale.
    How are you silver fox ?
    Looking at your car info above it looks like you will have the first VW EV which will swear at you cos you have been so naughty driving it !

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qBbXFwGT5g

just for you Heath.......... & Nick...... & Mike

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qBbXFwGT5g

just for you Heath.......... & Nick...... & Mike
    Thanks
    Ah the Ring - looks like Clive Sinclair did further developed his C5. Love the guy’s head cam - makes him look like a right nutter (when you getting yours ?)
    I’m off there next Easter with a motley crew and taking the latest fun thing which is being fitted with a magic box of tricks next week .
    Like your latest acquisition Derek, it’s not my usual sort of vehicle. Had quite a few beasts since CVR4 days and this is a different track machine - I’m going to be exhausted when we get there. Feel free to join us and really test your EV !

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by HJM View Post
    I know. Haven’t looked at the site or had a VR4 for years but for some unknown reason decided to have a look at CVR4.
    When I saw the old fella’s post, I couldn’t believe his latest purchase or resist commenting.
    Probably won’t be many years before all us petrolheads will have to concede and buy an electric car and of course a last hoorah V8 ��
    Have emailed The Vee to see if he’s still around but no reply thus far.

@Nick Mann is already on his last hurrah V8!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by elnevio View Post

@Nick Mann is already on his last hurrah V8!
    So what V8 has Nick got ? I’ve tried to get in touch with Andy, aka The Vee as he always wanted a Mustang so wanted to see if he still had his VR2 or had moved onto a stang. Feels good discussing V8s in an EV thread !
    I had a S6 and a modified RS6 (530bhp) so got the V8 thing out of my system. The RS6 was good but not as quick or as purposeful as my last beast which was epic !

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Thanks
    Ah the Ring - looks like Clive Sinclair did further developed his C5. Love the guy’s head cam - makes him look like a right nutter (when you getting yours ?)
    I’m off there next Easter with a motley crew and taking the latest fun thing which is being fitted with a magic box of tricks next week .
    Like your latest acquisition Derek, it’s not my usual sort of vehicle. Had quite a few beasts since CVR4 days and this is a different track machine - I’m going to be exhausted when we get there. Feel free to join us and really test your EV !
    Wot you saying about my ickle EV ? that lap wasn't too shabby for a car limited to 99mph?

I thought about the 'ring trip'......... for about 30 seconds ! but it's not possible. I would need a co driver to get there, & not sure taking a mobility lease car on track is a good idea !!

Anyhow..... I have much bigger plans afoot involving LOTS more power !!

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Wot you saying about my ickle EV ? that lap wasn't too shabby for a car limited to 99mph?

I thought about the 'ring trip'......... for about 30 seconds ! but it's not possible. I would need a co driver to get there, & not sure taking a mobility lease car on track is a good idea !!

Anyhow..... I have much bigger plans afoot involving LOTS more power !!
    Not sure I could stand the lack of noise driving around a track ???
    You need a car with some noise for max fun like some of my present/back catalogue below:

You’re probably right a lease car could be an issue - especially with the way you drive
    Are you looking at a noisy petrol car - give us a clue …
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Nice selection there heath !! I'm sure anyone of them could take out a marshal's post at combe

Life changes...... I have four grandkids now including including my 1st grandson, Arthur [ one ] Lets just call my upcoming ID.3 "retiring" into driving. peace & quiet is my mantra now.

As for more power..... I mean 40,000 lbs of thrust !! All being well...... hopefully in the new year [ get this fecking covid gone ] I plan on spending more time abroad..... in the sun, at least 2 months..... in the winter... in the canaries. The only problem with retirement, is you never get a day off !!

Back to my EV, VW didn't make it as such !!! [a ickle bit cryptic ] I let you work it out !!

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Nice selection there heath !! I'm sure anyone of them could take out a marshal's post at combe

Life changes...... I have four grandkids now including including my 1st grandson, Arthur [ one ] Lets just call my upcoming ID.3 "retiring" into driving. peace & quiet is my mantra now.

As for more power..... I mean 40,000 lbs of thrust !! All being well...... hopefully in the new year [ get this fecking covid gone ] I plan on spending more time abroad..... in the sun, at least 2 months..... in the winter... in the canaries. The only problem with retirement, is you never get a day off !!

Back to my EV, VW didn't make it as such !!! [a ickle bit cryptic ] I let you work it out !!
    Well remembered - that was the last time I did an epic departure from track. Must of got better at driving or more likely older and slower !
    Sounds like an excellent plan getting some regular sunshine
    I know what you mean about not having time off being retired. I had a big heart attack in early 2019 at the tender age of 52 - ok now as I had three operations and seven stents fitted. I went back to work after 6 months for a year and then decided to pack it all in as work too stressful and effectively retire. We bought a house nearly a year ago (hence the 997 Turbo went and became an Abarth Spider) and now my job is doing that up - probably needs a couple more years on it. Jane also likes having a butler on hand
    Back to your EV - I remember you were a sparks, so are you going to wire in some extra AA batteries in the glove box ?

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

So what V8 has Nick got ? I’ve tried to get in touch with Andy, aka The Vee as he always wanted a Mustang so wanted to see if he still had his VR2 or had moved onto a stang. Feels good discussing V8s in an EV thread !
    I had a S6 and a modified RS6 (530bhp) so got the V8 thing out of my system. The RS6 was good but not as quick or as purposeful as my last beast which was epic !
    Thought @Nick Mann might have posted by now!

A supercharged XJ L. Basically a spaceship, and has been described as 'unnecessary'

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

A supercharged XJ L. Basically a spaceship, and has been described as 'unnecessary'
    I assume the Lord Mayor of Redditch is too busy wafting around in his limo to put in an appearance here
    I have a mate who has one of these, don’t think it’s the ‘Long’ version - nice motor, very gangster as it’s black (aren’t most of them ?).
    Come on Nick let’s see some pics !!!
    Obviously in keeping with this thread I would suggest a V8 luxo barge is the antichrist of a VW ID3

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    26-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS
    My Garage
    Visit

Hey Heath!!!

See you in Germany next Easter so! Nightclub for some German country and western music again?

I suspect there would be a fair bit of want for a Ring Trip from the old crew again. Chatting to Gowf last night and he would be up for it massivley!
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Talking of unnecessary spaceships. I went to M&S this morning for a loaf of bread........ & spotted this "thing" in my VW dealers !

Thunderbirds are go !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I assume the Lord Mayor of Redditch is too busy wafting around in his limo to put in an appearance here
    The Grey-Head taught me a reply for moments like these:
    Oy! I resemble that remark!

20200815_154053.jpg20200815_154127.jpgWhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 17.57.57 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 17.57.57 (4).jpeg

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Nice car
    I stand corrected, Chief Fire Officer Sam - bet it came with a detachable flasher beacon
    I’ve had some thirsty cars but I bet that takes top prize ?
    Derek could park his ID3 in the boot !

Name
    Heath
    Last Online
    21-11-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Supra TT/Panzer

Quote Originally Posted by miller View Post
    Hey Heath!!!

See you in Germany next Easter so! Nightclub for some German country and western music again?

I suspect there would be a fair bit of want for a Ring Trip from the old crew again. Chatting to Gowf last night and he would be up for it massivley!
    Hi ‘Fresh’ Mike
    Blimey that club shut down a long time ago.
    Hopefully see you there - I suggest you get a wiggle on booking stuff as it’s going to be a very busy Easter as Brits were not able to go the last two years …
    Shame I don’t have the 997 anymore so I could keep up with your Evo.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    26-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi ‘Fresh’ Mike
    Blimey that club shut down a long time ago.
    Hopefully see you there - I suggest you get a wiggle on booking stuff as it’s going to be a very busy Easter as Brits were not able to go the last two years …
    Shame I don’t have the 997 anymore so I could keep up with your Evo.
    The last Green Hell driving weekend was bananas. Id expect the Easter weekend to be worse. Wouldn't plan on getting any laps in at all.

Evo hasnt been in a long time. Too long a drive for me now. fly drive now....

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Nice car
    I stand corrected, Chief Fire Officer Sam - bet it came with a detachable flasher beacon
    I’ve had some thirsty cars but I bet that takes top prize ?
    Derek could park his ID3 in the boot !
    It's actually no worse than the VR4. And cruising at slightly illegal speeds on the motorway it's noticeably better. I assume it is because it is not as much heavier as you'd expect, but has a better drag coefficient, better gearing and a third of the diffs.

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

It's like 'the real wives of orange county' in here...... or an episode of the golden oldies !
    Nick..... your shaguar reminds me of my ex............. "does my bum look big in this?" Pity mobility don't do it on the scheme

When I was at VW recently, dealer was not there, but his 'deputy' was. a young trainee.... full of bullsh...... err.... I mean enthusiasm ! He insisted we had a test drive, much to my annoyance Got to admit though, even though I've done my you tube research, It's a lot smoother, quieter & quicker than I expected... which is no bad thing. If you;ve not driven an electric car before, try one [ a decent one, not that tesla rubbish ] Having said that, given the reputation of 'handling' of american cars, the model y has what all yank cars should have. When it approaches a corner, it applies emergency brakes & bursts into tears !!! clever feature !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast