Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Dyno tuning day Sept 11th 2021 @ Area 52, Nottingham

We are back!!

This will be our 6th club tuning day (2017 2013 2014 2015 2016) at Area 52 Autosport

When

The event will be on Saturday 11th September 2021, starting at roughly 9:30 AM (give or take 30 mins) and going on until mid-late afternoon (5ish)

Where

This event will be at Area 52 Autosport in Nottinghamshire, the full address is as follows;

Code:
    Area 52 Autosport
    Unit 2 Park Court
    Park Lane Business Park
    Kirkby-in-Ashfield
    Nottinghamshire
    NG17 9LE
    When driving towards the venue, be sure to obey the speed limit, Nottinghamshire is a for average speed checks and mobile speed traps, we've had members attending previous events issued with fines by the local BIB. Please don't get caught out, it'll ruin your day.

When approaching the industrial estate, this (badly drawn by yours truly) map will show you where to go:

What (is it)

The main focus of the day will be dyno runs and tuning sessions. Most of the dyno runs will be done in the morning and most of the tuning sessions done in the afternoon. This is subject to change as people's requirements change. Attendance list and timetable can be found here: Club VR-4 Area 52 Autosport Timetable

As usual, there's bound to be lots of delicious grub on the go including tea and coffee, I'll be bringing Krispy Kreme donuts too!

Like previous events, this is a perfect time to get little bits and bobs sorted out with your car, there'll be plenty of members willing to lend a hand with something fixed

Again like last time, anyone want any other events hosted on the day, just shout up

How (much)

Dyno shootouts will be £65 (£55 if we get more than 4 cars) for a best-of-3 run, complete with a printout showing you power, torque, air-fuel ratio and boost. It also includes professional detcan (knock / pink) monitoring as well so it's a great way to get a health check for your cars engine

Tuning session pricing are done in blocks of 15 minutes (being rounded up to the nearest block), the pricing of which costing as follows;

Time Normal rate Paid members
    00:15:00 £130 £120
    00:30:00 £200 £190
    00:45:00 £260 £240
    01:00:00 £320 £300

A full breakdown of the pricing can be found on the the Club VR-4 Area 52 Autosport Timetable link below along with the schedule. If you're wondering how much time you think you need, 15 minutes was around the sweet spot for a quick power boost, those wanting more complicated tuning (better cruise fuel economy for example) would be looking at around 1 hour. All tuning sessions will include a before-and-after dyno printout too.

What (can we expect)

Quick tunes can typically expect roughly 10-15% gains of power and 15-20% gains in torque, more complicated tunes (particularly those with supporting mods ie. fuelling / decat / filters) may see as much as 15-20% gains in power and 30-40% gains in torque. Actual results may differ as every car is different, for example some have been better maintained than others & some have supporting modifications where others do not.

Please note anyone getting any mapping work done will be required to sign a disclaimer, Area 52 Autosport will also not be responsible for the work being done on the day, they are just leasing their dyno and its operators.

All customer ECU's are backed up before any work is done, if you're not satisfied your backup will be restored free of charge (subject to travel etc).

Other services may be available on the day such as workshop space and auto-electrical work, please ask in advance if you require these and keep in mind its expected to be a busy day

We can also do N/A "V6 Sport" and INVECS-II Auto-box tuning. Please ask in advance.

Who

Attendance list and timetable can be found here:

Club VR-4 Area 52 Autosport Timetable

Anything marked Possibly is not set in cement and other people can request it

If you wish to be added to the list, reply to this thread stating;

• What service you need (power run or tuning)
    • What modifications you have
    • How much tuning time you want (if relevant)

As always, any questions just ask
    Last edited by foxdie; 24-08-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Want your car tuning? Here's my pricing
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Looking forward to getting my Anglia on the dyno again, this time with its fancy Link ECU!

Hope to see plenty of you there!

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I have a friend who wants to stick his car on for a power run, and would like the earliest slot, please
    Last edited by Confused; 24-08-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    I have a friend who wants to stick his car on for a power run, and would like the earliest slot, please
    Added

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

If there's a spare power run slot available, I'll stick my Audi S4 on first thing, but if anyone else wants the slot, I'm happy to give it up, as 1) I'm only down the road from Area 52, and 2) it's only a crappy Audi

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    If there's a spare power run slot available, I'll stick my Audi S4 on first thing, but if anyone else wants the slot, I'm happy to give it up, as 1) I'm only down the road from Area 52, and 2) it's only a crappy Audi
    Added

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    09-01-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Hi Jason can you take me off the dyno run chart as i my car is not going to up to it.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    Hi Jason can you take me off the dyno run chart as i my car is not going to up to it.
    Okay bud, have done.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver PFL VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Bump!

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Come on people!

This is a great opportunity to get a health-check on your car based on the power run, to log not only the torque output across the rev range, but also your boost pressure, and Air/Fuel ratio with a calibrated sensor up the exhaust - this can give you a great idea whether any aspects need tweaking to gain more power.

Or, just go straight for the tuning session, and grab some nice driveability improvements!