Stotty
    Last Online
    12-10-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant

Does Anyone Know...

What you're actually driving? I've owned my car since June, i think and even after 4 months of driving it, i love! That people turn and are so confused by it. I don't have a straight pipe on, i don't have anything that draws attentions to it, other than being lowered and tinted, yet people cant help but look. I've caught loads of people pretty much breaking their necks to see what the back of the car says.

I went to a classic car meet and several of the people their asked what i drove, i could see by their reactions that they didn't have a clue. Saying that, a fair few did and even went into full specs and stats. Not a surprise due to where i was, but a surprise since others seemed confused. I truly think over the next, 5-10 years? Galant's will truly be a unicorn on UK roads... Helped by oversized EV's taking over.

Name
    Russell
    Last Online
    27-12-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Passat B6 TDI
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes I suppose you're right.

I've only had 2 incidents that I can recall where someone acknowledged the car, although one was a bit off the mark.

When I bought my first legnum home, I was outside admiring my purchase (as you do) and 2 people walked past and one said to the other
    "You don't see many of those any more.. Nissan..."legnoom"(?) "
    I was in quiet stitches, as clearly he'd mistaken it for a Nissan Stagea, and having finally seen one in the flesh at Japfest Silverstone recently I can see why.

The 2nd time was travelling along the M4 corridor towards the Newport Tunnels and some random guy in a van pulled up along side me, waving a smiling enthusiastically, rubber necking to get a better look

Even at Japfest, I'm certain I had the only Legnum there. I saw 3 Galants, 2 of which were VR4s but you really had to look hard

Other than that in my local area I get a glance as I drive by but not much more. Most people have no clue and just concern themselves with their shopping and Costa ha ha

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
    2006 VW Passat B6 Tdi 140 BKP (Daily driver)
    1996 Legnum VR4 TYpe-S Sophia White (Weekend Toy)
    1996 Legnum VR4 Type-S Trigger Mauve (Parts Car)

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    01-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Yes, it doesn't happen very often! I very rarely see a JDM 8G or UK Galant on the roads - and that's with me getting out and about a lot and knowing what I'm looking for!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Yep, and that's one of the reasons why I love it!

Name
    Stotty
    Last Online
    12-10-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant

Quote Originally Posted by russhowe View Post

I've only had 2 incidents that I can recall where someone acknowledged the car, although one was a bit off the mark.

When I bought my first legnum home, I was outside admiring my purchase (as you do) and 2 people walked past and one said to the other
    I was in quiet stitches, as clearly he'd mistaken it for a Nissan Stagea, and having finally seen one in the flesh at Japfest Silverstone recently I can see why.

The 2nd time was travelling along the M4 corridor towards the Newport Tunnels and some random guy in a van pulled up along side me, waving a smiling enthusiastically, rubber necking to get a better look

Even at Japfest, I'm certain I had the only Legnum there. I saw 3 Galants, 2 of which were VR4s but you really had to look hard

Other than that in my local area I get a glance as I drive by but not much more. Most people have no clue and just concern themselves with their shopping and Costa ha ha

Lol, yeah they are pretty similar in shape, if your just trying to go off memory too. The first time i drove mine along the Quayside in Newcastle a lad coming the other way in a 02 Honda Civic Coupe flashed at me and gave me a thumbs up. I've also had people warn me that police are around. I don't know if they think i'm going to speed or sell drugs, but it's nice of them.

Name
    john
    Last Online
    20-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant VR4-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by russhowe View Post

When I have been to Japfest I am the only VR4 there most of the time, possible that when you was there so was I

Name
    Russell
    Last Online
    27-12-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Passat B6 TDI
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by galantnight View Post
    When I have been to Japfest I am the only VR4 there most of the time, possible that when you was there so was I
    This year was the first time I've ever been.
    I'm with West Coast JDM.

This year we were right on the entrance as you come in before going over the bridge crossing the track

Name
    john
    Last Online
    20-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    galant VR4-S
    My Garage
    Visit