Last Online
    05-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant vr4

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    Love the Max Power comment!
    I'm with Tim on the induction comments, but with a slightly different main reason. The MAF is very susceptible to air flow changes so if the flow over the MAF is not linear and uniform then there is a very good chance you will not fuel correctly. Most pod filters will either give more flow in the middle or a slight vortex. This usually leads to over fuelling, so a loss of power plus even worse MPG.
    Where are you in the UK? If around the midlands there are a couple of us in Redditch who could chat over what we have done and demonstrate the results.
    I'm in Manchester but up for a trip once I have the galant back - I'm definitely feeling that I need to do the fuel pump, the 530 injectors and sort out the ECU side of things. I've asked them to keep all the standard bits that they change out, I'm going to take them some Christmas beers in the garage tomorrow if they're open and I'll say hold off the air filter.

https://www.fensport.co.uk/collectio...8804-evo-4-5-6

Do you think this will fit fairly easily? I'm considering the upgrade mostly because it will save space so potentially I could go a bit bigger than 600x300x76 on the intercooler - I'm guessing it would free up some space for a future turbo upgrade too

Before I get ahead of myself with the 10 stages of upgrades - will the auto gearbox take big bhp?

I'm really sorry to be a million questions but I'm eager to get the bits in!

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    05-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant vr4

Update: I've ordered the mishimoto m line intercooler as per this thread, silicone hoses as per the staged upgrades page and the spark plugs, thanks guys

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    United States
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4

Did you need to cut the crash bar to have the Mishimoto fit? I was also looking at the M or S line as well.

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    05-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant vr4

Quote Originally Posted by mxc357 View Post
    Did you need to cut the crash bar to have the Mishimoto fit? I was also looking at the M or S line as well.
    Sorry i didn't reply back in this thread....so I ordered the mishimoto and they cancelled my order as out of stock, ended up buying a 700x600 one from turbozentrum and....the garage I asked to fit it didn't fit it!

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    United States
    Car
    97 Legnum VR4

Did you need to cut the crash bar for the Mishimoto to fit?

Name
    Wouter
    Last Online
    25-05-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    01 White Legnum

Quote Originally Posted by mxc357 View Post
    Did you need to cut the crash bar for the Mishimoto to fit?
    I installed a Mishimoto 600x300x76 last year and I bought a fitment kit from a chap who a CVR4 user called Grid. The fitment kit came with a spacer which was supposed to ensure that I did not have to cut the crash bar but the Mishimoto end caps are more bulbous that some other 600x300x76 intercoolers and I ended up not being able to us the spacers. Instead I had to cut the bar slightly. It didn't take long and I didn't have to cut much. All I used was a Ryobi cordless angle grinder and some primer and paint for the cuts I made.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12