Last Online
    16-12-2021
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Galant VR4 Estate (UK Supplied, not import) - 2001 - High Wycombe

Car Details

Car: Galant VR4 Estate (UK Supplied, not import)
    Year: 2001
    Colour: Blue
    Transmission: Automatic
    Mileage Total: 96,270
    Mileage KM: N/A

M.O.T. Expiry Date: 14 February 2019
    :

Contact Method: Please PM me to make an offer.

Price: 1,250 ovno

Car Description

Car History
    SOLD:

2001/X Galant VR4 Estate (Legnum). Ralliart UK supplied facelift model, 1 of only 200 sold through official UK dealership.

Purchased from 2nd owner in 2005 and it ran close to faultlessly up to start of 2019 when I came undone by having to replace a rusted/broken reluctor ring for rear passenger side ABS – could not, with any amount of force, split the hub from the knuckle arm and in the process of trying managed to damage the ABS sensor. Having attempted in vain to find a replacement hub assembly with intact/working ABS sensor (finding the sensor on its own is either impossible or stupidly expensive), I gave up the ghost, and the poor thing has lain idle on the drive ever since with just the odd running-up of the engine to keep the gremlins away and remind me of past glories.

Unfortunately, I can’t now see myself having the time to ever sort this and breaking for parts on the driveway is also not an option. So, time to say goodbye and see if someone else can bring the old gal back to life or at least make good use of her as a donor.
    The hub/knuckle has been re-fitted without the drive shaft to allow the vehicle to be moved but obviously it doesn’t have a MOT and I wouldn’t advise on it being driven further than a few yards, so will need flat-bed transport to take it away.

Vehicle Particulars:
    Blue with tan leather interior.
    Odometer has 96,270 genuine miles.
    Engine still starts and runs fine. Vehicle was mechanically sound in all respects up to the point of the ABS problem in 2019. Turbos always stayed strong and never had any fluid leaks around the engine/transfer boxes whatsoever. Engine oil changed regularly. Aircon always ice cold, although external temp gauge has never been great (a common problem, I believe).
    Has a cat-back lifetime stainless exhaust from Powerflow that’s still like new (fitted by Enigma, Slough around 5 years ago).
    Interior is pretty decent, apart from tear on driver’s seat, and the clock has succumbed to the usual dry solder joint issue. 4No VR4 fitted floor mats.
    Exterior is showing several scuffs here and there (particularly around bumpers/wheel arches, albeit superficial) and has some rust coming though on the bottom of the rear door on driver’s side. No dents. Lights are all in good condition.
    Electrical contacts on the door locks have gone a bit sticky over the time it’s been standing, so couple of doors no longer lock/unlock properly from the remote but believe these could be fairly easily rectified.
    Wheels aren’t bad for age (scuff free) and could be cleaned-up with some elbow grease. Has two good tyres, one fair and one bad (latter doesn’t hold pressure so pics show spare fitted on the vehicle).
    2 Remote fobs/keys + 1 touch fob for immobiliser (all working).

Looking for £1,250 ovno (exhaust alone is worth £600), buyer collects/arranges transport.

Vehicle located nr High Wycombe, Bucks.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to ask any questions - I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

Doug

Modifications.
    No mods, std spec

Other information.
    As per description

Bad bits
    As per description
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Humpty's Revenge; 17-12-2021 at 09:42 AM. Reason: SOLD

Name
    Corin
    Last Online
    27-05-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Pearly VR4

PM'd you
    They say there is a fine line between hobby and mental illness...

Name
    Pepiev
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    Other

Pm send

Name
    Corin
    Last Online
    27-05-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Pearly VR4

Moderators you can mark this as sold to the guy who really needed a boost pipe
    DSC_1324.jpg