Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Ozvr4

Ozvr4 seems to be down and has been for a couple of days, does anyone know anything? Is it just for some kind of maintenance or is it gone forever?

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm unaware of anything, however I sincerely hope it's just a temporary thing, and the reason for not being sorted already is that the admins are enjoying their Christmas break, rather than any other reason.

Whilst a "competitor" of ours, having a choice is always good, and there is also a wealth of knowledge and knowledgeable people over there that would be a huge loss to the VR-4 community if it were to be down for good.

That said, everyone is of course always welcome here too, either temporarily during this brief downtime, or on a more permanent basis too.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Yes it is still down today, I hope this scourge called COVID-19 doesn't have anything to do with it, or that the web host hasn't been paid ......
    I didn't consider the two fora to be competitors, more that they are complementary and for me down here in NZ the Aussie one seems a little more relevant due to the much smaller distance. (LOL the spell check never studied Latin, it doesn't like 'fora' as the plural of 'forum'!)

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    26-01-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Ignore what Garry says..... it's purely down to the fact that you beat us in the ashes test, that the account was suspended !
    If you could at least let us win just one game,pretty please .... then I'm sure your account 'may' be re-instated.

I fank u

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

@Tony_T that's why I said "competitor" in quotes! I definitely do also see us as complementary too, I am also a paid up member over there - and I really should get involved over there more often! (when they're back online, of course!)

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

@SGHOM, sorry about that, I'm not a cricket fan at all so I was totally unaware!
    BTW my father was a total cricket fanatic, became qualified as an umpire to international standard, but could never understand that his son (me) had no interest whatsoever in his game. My parents used to drag me to games when I was very young and I got so totally bored sitting in the car all day so finally I just laid it out to them that I did not want to be there and they should just leave me at home, I'd be fine (which I was, but nowadays it's illegal to leave kids that young unsupervised so it couldn't be like that now). My interest was always electronics so I had plenty I could do at home. @Confused, all good.
    It's still down as I type this. There was no indication on the site prior that any work was planned or that there was any problem, it just disappeared.

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    01-01-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Legnum VR-4

Just updating, Ozvr4 is back with a totally new look and a grizzle that it doesn't like the browser I always use. The new look meant that the autofill for my login no longer worked and I had to look back at my piece of paper in a drawer to see what password I'd used to set it up again. I can't say I like the new look, but for some reason things that work fine always need to be changed. oh well, at least it's back.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

'97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    17-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Change is inevitable, but glad OZVR4 is back up!