Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anyone running aggressive offset?

  1. #1

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    11-05-2022
    Posts
    26
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 galant vr4
     

    Anyone running aggressive offset?

    Hey guys
    Iíve read some of the posts about wheel fitment. Just wondering if anyone is running a more aggressive offset than like a +35? If you are Iíd appreciate the model and size wheels ur running. Pics are great too. Thanks

  2. #2
    Daedalus's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Alex
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Last Online
    22-04-2022
    Posts
    25
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum VR4 S
     
    I am running Niche Gamma's in 18x8 +40

    Autumn Dreams.png
    Autumn Glory.png

    I get slight rub on the inner fender liner under the frame rail if the car is loaded into a corner. but no binding issues.

  3. #3

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    11-05-2022
    Posts
    26
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 galant vr4
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I am running Niche Gamma's in 18x8 +40

    Autumn Dreams.png
    Autumn Glory.png

    I get slight rub on the inner fender liner under the frame rail if the car is loaded into a corner. but no binding issues.
    Hey those wheels look awesome on your car. I was hoping to run something with a deeper dish though. The closer to 0 offset the better lol. But from what I’ve seen on the forum most guys are only running like+35 offset or higher no?

  4. #4
    Daedalus's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Alex
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Last Online
    22-04-2022
    Posts
    25
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Legnum VR4 S
     
    when calculating new tire setups i use https://www.willtheyfit.com/ to help sort it out. you can likely fit a rim with 0 offset. an 8" rim with 0 offset is gonna poke out 1.5" further than as you see pictured above. which is gonna be flush or a bit poke.

    no idea what it would do to driving characteristics though.

  5. #5

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    11-05-2022
    Posts
    26
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 galant vr4
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    when calculating new tire setups i use https://www.willtheyfit.com/ to help sort it out. you can likely fit a rim with 0 offset. an 8" rim with 0 offset is gonna poke out 1.5" further than as you see pictured above. which is gonna be flush or a bit poke.

    no idea what it would do to driving characteristics though.
    Awesome thanks for the information. I’ll check that link out

  6. #6

    Offline
     
    Name
    Jason
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Last Online
    30-03-2022
    Posts
    3
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Victoria, Aus
     
    I run a 17x8 et35 Oz racing wheel and I don't consider it aggressive fitment at all...

    with a 235 45 17, it doesn't scrub, doesn't poke, fits in superbly well...
    No guard work has been done on my 2000 Facelift VR4 Wagon.

    I've been looking at going to a 17x8.5 et 30 instead which will sit a bit more aggressively

    but I rather like my current wheels...

  7. #7
    Nick Mann's Avatar

    Offline
     
    Name
    Nick
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last Online
    16-05-2022
    Membership ID
    17
    Posts
    24,828
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Location
    Redditch
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit
     
    235/45/17 on a 8" wide with a +35 offset is going to be getting close to the rear arch with the sidewall. Within a few mm. There are always options but if you go wider/lower offset then be prepared to have to solve rubbing issues.

  8. #8

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    11-05-2022
    Posts
    26
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 galant vr4
     
    Quote Originally Posted by SVD115 View Post
    I run a 17x8 et35 Oz racing wheel and I don't consider it aggressive fitment at all...

    with a 235 45 17, it doesn't scrub, doesn't poke, fits in superbly well...
    No guard work has been done on my 2000 Facelift VR4 Wagon.

    I've been looking at going to a 17x8.5 et 30 instead which will sit a bit more aggressively

    but I rather like my current wheels...
    Ya I really like the flush look, slight poke is ok but I’d probably wanna run some negative camber in that situation. If I can fit a more concave wheel with more aggressive offset that’s really what I’m looking for

  9. #9

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    11-05-2022
    Posts
    26
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 galant vr4
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
    235/45/17 on a 8" wide with a +35 offset is going to be getting close to the rear arch with the sidewall. Within a few mm. There are always options but if you go wider/lower offset then be prepared to have to solve rubbing issues.
    I don’t have much experience with fitment so I’m honestly just guessing what will fit. I am hoping for flush fitment with a low offset if possible, wasn’t sure if that ther guys were running similar setups or if a +35 was about it

  10. #10

    Offline
     
    Name
    Ryan
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    11-05-2022
    Posts
    26
    Country
    Other
    Car
    99 galant vr4
     
    I’m also running tein coil overs at the moment just FYI

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble Running On Idle & Running Rich
    By giblet in forum General / Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 27-05-2014, 07:54 PM
  2. Timing advance (aggressive set up)
    By fassi1 in forum ECUs / Mapping
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-03-2014, 01:00 PM
  3. what car +48 offset
    By VR4Kaos in forum Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 08:11 AM
  4. pcd and offset?
    By dux_2002 in forum Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
  5. Rim Offset
    By rawgalant in forum Wheels, Tyres & Brakes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-07-2003, 07:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •