Last Online
    31-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

This could be goodbye

Hi guys,

I've not been on for a while as I sold my car. I want to thank all who helped me with it while I had it. Ownership was a roller coaster.

It was the best car I've driven but probably the worst to own. I bought the car outside of my best judgement as it seemed a bargain.

I knew it had rust issues and I thought I could beat them. Not long before the MOT was due I was preparing to have some welding done and noticed a smell of fuel in the rear arch.

The filler neck was rusty and leaking. I was a pain to do in winter outdoors and on the street but managed to replace it.

Unfortunately I also started poking around and many holes appeared. Just as I felt I was winning in many areas of the car it beat me.

I bought it to be my daily but I probably only had it running for 50% of ownership. Alas the car has now gone to a new owner that has had several of these and owns a bodyshop.

I'm hopeful and happy that the car will get back on the road and not be broken for parts. Owning it is not an experience I regret but it was tough at times.

I learned alot, lost a bit of money and alot of time but it changed my view in some ways. I fell in love with the auto box. I would have always chose a manual before.

But my next daily will definitely be an auto. I sold my legnum a couple of months ago and I've not replaced it yet and tbh I'm struggling to find something that fits the bill.

The legnum ticked alot of boxes for me. Looks, Speed, rareity, size, comfort, fun. I don't think there is another car out there that can replace it.

I'm still looking maybe I will go turbo volvo. I drove a BMW E39 530d yesterday and it was incredibly underwhelming. Ultimate driving machine it was not.

It felt like driving through treacle compared to the legnum. Slow, heavy steering, wallowy handling. The whole car felt twice the weight of the mitsi.

And I actually considered getting another. Luckily nothing seems to be for sale and it would have to be mint for me to get into another. So I think that's it for now.

If you can recommend another estate that comes close please let me know. Or if you have a mint leggy for sale and know a lobotomist. Please get in touch.

Thanks again to those who helped. Chow for now.
    Steve
    Last edited by Humpty's Revenge; 16-07-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

The time will eventually come for all of us as these cars get older. It's really hard to find a mint car now although a few may still be lurking around in Japan.

I hope you find what you're looking for
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    05-10-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant vr4

Sorry to hear it mate, I'm in a similar position, I've run the car less than 50% of the time I've owned it so far, some rust work I need to get done, some rust work I've already had done...
    I hope you find something good now that you can enjoy as a daily driver

Name
    Michael
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Type V Saloon

Sad to hear that you've had to let her go Steve, they are fantastic cars, but time and rust are against us all.
    Good luck in your search for a replacement.