06-12-2020
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galaxy
    My Garage
    Visit

I shall watch with interest; perhaps setting my sights a little lower given the circumstances! Wondered if people fit separate/ remote oil coolers at all? One things for certain brown fluid needs changing and black is a major problem like change the tranny or the car and quick.
    If you have a problem with getting Amsoil just contact me on 07949 944523 email don@performanceoilsltd.co.uk or web at http://www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk/
    AMSOIL 'The First in Synthetics'

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Part of the problem is the stunning dealers. I paid one about £100 to change the fluid and filter in the gearbox. They said they did but the fluid was brownish red, like Kieran's was. The fact that they charged me for 5 litres of fluid when the system takes at least 8 litres also suggested that they hadn't flushed out the cooler and torque converter, thus mixing old and new fluid 50/50.

So it's a combination of a car hard on the ATF and a dealer network that can't figure out how to change the ATF properly....

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    06-12-2020
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galaxy
    My Garage
    Visit

Phoned up the lab at 5pm today in the forelone hope that someone would answer and left a message on their answer machine about analysis of ATF. Much to my suprise they phoned back at 5.30 and said not a problem but do make it very clear that the sample is of ATF AUTOMATIC TRANSMITION FLUID (sorry but some of the staff might not know what ATF stands for) So gentlemen the answer is that yes the Lab will analyse ATF without a problem. The next stage is upto you chaps; oh and the £15 all in for the analysis kit was including postage to you so if ordered with oil its £13.50 , so its just got to be worth considering.

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

I'll get another kit from you when I'm coming up to my next 4500mile service, Don (about three months time). Then I can send off both oil and ATF at the same time.
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12