Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keighley Trade Centre...anyone?

Last Online
    25-03-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4 Estate

It's where I got my Legnum VR4 from. The car has a number of minor faults (brakes shot to pieces, gearbox ropey, though the later was fixed with a tranny flush), other than that it's ok. Certainly not bad for £5500. They also said they'd change the tyres for the MOT and I'm far from certain that they did.

I got the same impression when I called them, they really didn't seem that fussed and I did a 400 mile round trip to get the car. The warranty thing sounds cobblers though. The warranty I have covers me for 6 months and up to £200, stuff you only find out about after reading the small print. They recommend you get the cam belt changed as well so add another £300 to the price.

Other than that, they have some very nice motors parked on the forecourt, there's another big dealer next to a pub on the roundabout down the road. If you're thinking of going then pay them both a visit perhaps?.

I'll score them 7/10 but only because it was the most fun haggling over a price that I've ever had.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    01-05-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    XF V8 & Shogun

Im considering having a look at Keighley in a few weeks...

If you dont mind me asking, when it came to haggling, did you manage to get much off the list price?

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by marsh
    It's where I got my Legnum VR4 from. The car has a number of minor faults (brakes shot to pieces, gearbox ropey, though the later was fixed with a tranny flush), other than that it's ok. Certainly not bad for £5500. They also said they'd change the tyres for the MOT and I'm far from certain that they did.
    Makes me feel a bit better about importing my own... if I can get it on the road for 6-6.5K I think I will have done alright. Provided it's as good a car as it sounds!
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Last Online
    07-12-2005
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1996 Galant VR4

I bought my VR4 from them a couple of weeks ago, I've tried to post my experience of them but It doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

I managed to hagle well with them too and got £300 above book on my vectra which they are now selling at a loss! Got a tank of fuel out of them too after the deal had been done.

They are rude and don't seem to care whether you buy or not and the car will be sold as it was when you viewed it, they ran a cloth over the outside but didn't blow up the tyres!

Treat it like you are buying private and you'll not go far wrong. They are cheap and they do have a huge selection of cars.

Dave.

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    01-05-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    XF V8 & Shogun

Thanks for that Dave

Great help..

Im planning on viewing the dark green VR4 they have for £5.5k next week or so...

Id much rather a manual.. never really used an auto much... but i may be converted...

Last Online
    25-03-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4 Estate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeboy
    Thanks for that Dave

Id much rather a manual.. never really used an auto much... but i may be converted...

I thought that, but the auto box is an absolute dream to use. Best value for money/performance tank I've ever come across.

Last Online
    10-06-2006
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

keighley trade center

i bought a vr4 legnum the week before xmas,they dont seem bothered if you buy or not and they are cheap so just make sure you have it inspected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12