Nige
    Last Online
    29-02-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Greetings fellow owners

Hi everyone. Well, I found your site a couple of days ago....wow what an enthusiastic bunch we are!!
    I've had my Legnum VR-4 for just under a year now, having bought it from a super guy in Bradford called Simon Quinton INSERT INTO post VALUES (Quintons cars - 01274 722988). I would recommend him to anyone. He goes across to Japan every three months or so and buys mainly mitsi's and Subaru's to ship back. He normally has 4 or 5 VR4's in stock and is probably the most transparent dealer I've ever bought from. No pressure and someone who knows his onions- he knows the cars wellINSERT INTO post VALUES (he runs one himself).
    Anyway, enough of that, I'm not an agent or anything, I'm just a normal bloke who appreciates a good car for a good price with no bull**** or hassle from the seller or dealer.

I looked on the web a year ago and there was hardly anything on the VR-4 and the search on the word "legnum" gave even less. It's heartening to see the growth in popularity of our exclusive modes or transport / fun. Don't shout too loud or everyone will find out, though!.

So far my car has been absolutely faultless. INSERT INTO post VALUES (No tappet noise especially- perhaps I'm lucky, but the previous japanese owner was as fastidious as me, there are give-aways all over & under the car). I'm an engineer, so my cars are always over-maintained. Thankfully I have access to a four poster ramp, so regular visual checks and oil changes INSERT INTO post VALUES (Castrol RS 0W40) at 3000 miles are not a problem. I normally break at least two of the little plastic screw clips on the engine undertray every time I remove it, but they're easy to get from the dealer. Has anyone tried AMSOIL filters?. They get superb reports INSERT INTO post VALUES (flow & filterage increased) and they DO fit our cars, but I can't find a UK supplier.
    Anyway, Ooops, a bit long for my first post. I'll use the technical forum for my other questions.
    So, hello, and I'm Wirdy.
    P.s how do you get pictures of your cars to appear next to your posts? INSERT INTO post VALUES ( I'm new to this game).
    '96 Legnum VR4 with proper 5sp Manual gearbox

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Hello wirdy, welcome to the club.

Please add the details of the dealer you mentioned in the dealership section, could be very helpful to others.

To get a picture next to your name, go to the drop down menu top right and highlight 'Forums' there you'll see 'user CP' click that and then go to 'edit options' at the bottom of that page you'll find the 'Avatar' function, from there it will tell you what to do.

Enjoy the site.
    Last edited by Brind; 28-09-2003 at 05:30 PM.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

yup, i second brinds welcome..
    glad you found us, and i hope you enjoy it as much as i do..
    btw, fancy coming to santapod?
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Pescha
    Last Online
    03-09-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 legnum VR4

Yip welcome to our VR-4 family... Please add to different threads and add as many photos of your baby, we LOVE photos...

Again welcome, I hope you will enjoy the site as much as we all do

Cheers
    Pescha!
    1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S station wagon
    2.5 litre V6 24V twin turbo
    K and N Air Pod Filter
    17 inch SSA Forza Chrome Shadow alloy wheels,
    with Nankang (ultra-low profile radial) 215/45/17 tyres
    Tanabe Sustec Springs and KYB shocks
    2 1/4 inch exhaust
    Alpine CD stacker
    2006 Pioneer MP3 CD player
    Leather interior
    Auto gage Boost meter
    Carbon fibre Evo6 Bonnet
    HKS SSQV STYLE BOV
    Facelift ECU
    Fet Turbo timer

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Another welcome from me Wirdy mate, as the others have said would be great to see some pics of yours.

Hope you enjoy the site and as Barry said if you fancy Santa Pod on the 12th Oct let us know

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Welcome from me too
    Its great to see more people joining
    Nick

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Hi Wirdy, & welcome to club VR4. I also know quinton cars in Bradford, nice chap !!! been up there a few times. a lttle off the beaten track, which slightly put me off at first, but a very knowledgable guy. he had 2 legnums in when I last went around 6 months ago, but they were both manual. :Cry1: I did think his prices were a little high though. they were both P reg, in silver, with around 40K on the clock. one was £10K, & the other £10 1/2 K. onder: I bought mine from an importer in Sheffield for £7200. there's a few pics of mine somewhere on this site ????