Jeremy
    Last Online
    11-12-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

being non paying member sucks

how come we have to pay just to acess different areas of this site... i joined up to help me out in working on my leggy etc only to find all the important stuff is in the members only area... wot about us poor ass ppl that cant afford to join up properly isnt it a bit unfair??

Name
    Marty
    Last Online
    10-04-2012
    Membership ID
    Country
    New Zealand
    My Garage
    Visit

So do you think it's fair that everybody else should have to pay for this site to be hosted by an ISP whilst you get it for free???

Do you actually know how the internet works???

Name
    Michael
    Last Online
    31-03-2017
    Membership ID
    NZ051
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR4 5 Spee
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Munta
    wot about us poor ass ppl that cant afford to join up properly isnt it a bit unfair??
    ...no

Short answer, stuff costs money, someone has to write it, and administer it, i get benefits, i pay $20

Im sure there will be plenty of replies, so i'll leave it there.

BTW, im sure people will help you out as best they can if youv got a specific question?

+++you do get a keyring

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

^^ what they said. the site does cost money to run, thats all there is to it.

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

its only $20, which is not unfair,

people expecting things for free and to be handed to them on a plate is...
    so quit your bitching,

besides you'll save alot more than that...

by using the info in the members area rather than paying a garage to do stuff for you.

Name
    Shae
    Last Online
    18-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Galant

lmao i pay the garage anyways

Name
    callum
    Last Online
    25-09-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    2001 LegnumVR4

I agree, $20 is buggar all. I was a free member for a while but wanted access to all forums and also support the club. You also get a sticker etc.

How do you afford to run your leggie if you can't spare $20? if money is tight maybe just save it up.

Name
    Shae
    Last Online
    18-01-2020
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1996 VR4 Galant

yeah my $20 was to support the club too, i knew i'd be on this bastard heaps so thought $20 was piss all...

plus havent got the tools, space or confidence to do most of the work posted in the articles myself...

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

I've got the space and tools, just no confidence at all in fixing anything. At least the members area tells you what you should expect others to do

Last Online
    25-07-2007
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 Legnum VR4

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyNZer
    lmao i pay the garage anyways
    cheque book racer

i was dissapointed when i joined, hence y i havnt renewed.
    http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9314

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Some discounts of regular servicing items (like oil) would probably help to strengthen the NZ membership. n the UK we have Amsoil, which immediately makes the fee worthwhile. Perhaps someone over there could arrange something with a supplier and post it up for others.
    The best things in life have to be lubricated

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

we do have discounted servicing at Auckland motors arranged thanks to KiwiTT, I just wish that someone could organise discount petrol for us! Can anyone steal a BP tanker truck full of 98?

Name
    G
    Last Online
    27-03-2016
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Ford Mondeo

I'm wondering the same as Springie ~ while I don't think there should be an obligation to sign up, how can you afford to run a dipsomaniacal beast like the VR-4 if you "can't afford to join"?

I don't know how different it is in NZ, but over here I received a special 'can't-buy-'em-in-the-shops' VR-4 keyfob, a pair of very cool stickers, and when I purchased my posh synthetic oil from Opie Oils, I received a discount by quoting the number on my membership card. Very useful for a car that demands a pamper every 4500 miles.

I think it's a good deal, and I pay UK£20 ~ that's NZ$57. Worth it alone for the "members wives" section in the video repositor...oops, that's supposed to be a secret, innit?

Regards,
    G
    '03 Seat Arosa 1.4TDi S (mpg spreadsheet)
    ex-'94M Mitsubishi Galant Sports GT 2.0 V6 biturbo (R.I.P.)

Name
    Paul Beazer
    Last Online
    27-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V50

Munta,

This arguement crops up from time to time, but i would honestly say the $20 is worth it. Although i dont own a VR4, the site is invaluable with any problems i may experience. Im not rich and struggle to run my V6 at times, but i'd still keep up my membership!
    At the end of the day you would expect to get free help from a garage, they'd be out of business in no time!
    As others have said running a website doesnt come cheap and you do qualify for discounts for oil etc.
    If you really resent paying $20 for a membership, think how much it could end costing you when your gearbox goes t!ts up through an incorrect oil flush!
    Plus you get the best bunch of people on here, bar none!

Its a personal choice and no-ones forcing you to pay!!

Pay up and enjoy the site!
    No longer empty and frantic...

Name
    Val
    Last Online
    15-12-2018
    Country
    Russia
    Car
    VW Phaeton W12

Anybody can enlighten me as to what a "key ring" (keyfob?) is? After one year of membership I still have no idea... and no key ring...

IMHO I like the idea of "supporting the VR-4 community"… but not restricting access for non-paying members...

Look at 3Si.org - they have "donate 10$" and "donate 20$" buttons, but no restrictions on accessing information... and there is LOTS OF VALUEBALE INFO!!! That way they GROW since people join up and CREATE CONTENT... People VALUE the community, hence, they are willing to SUPPORT IT WITH their own MONEY!

Of course becoming a member can still give you benefits in form of "ClubVR4 member" sign and discounts at places that accept VR-4 membership card... and mysterious "key ring"... and other things like pager, etc. … but “supporting site with dough because it is interesting” and getting “access to info for money” - are two different concepts…

… and the price for "OTHER" regions (well... there is no Russia... there is OTHER) is kind of high...

For NZ it is 20$ what is it in Euros? Like 10 Euros?
    For Russia - 20 Euros + 20-22$ to transfer money... comes to around 45-47 USD… Sorry guys, seems kinda high to be able to post in the members section...

PS: Just to make myself clear - It is a great place, where I met great people... and I hope (if I am not banned from the site after this message) we can still read, post and share info about our cars!

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Well it's as simple as this:

1: We have the Club and website
    2: We charge a fee to join
    3: That's the way it's gonna stay
    4: Don't like it, then don't come back

If all in life was so easy

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Do we have to go through this each time?

Quote Originally Posted by valmes
    Anybody can enlighten me as to what a "key ring" (keyfob?) is? After one year of membership I still have no idea... and no key ring...
    See attachment regarding key ring, Did you contact anyone directly regarding your missing membership pack? Other than this one small post?

IMHO I like the idea of "supporting the VR-4 community"… but not restricting access for non-paying members..
    Restrictions on the members area, articles section is a good example here, the information is available out which the members area, providing you can be bothered looking for it. The members area provides nicely written articles, which members have spent their time written, these contain all the relevant information in one easy post. However, if you save 20 quid, you can go search the forums. We are not restricting access to information, its all out there, but in the members are its just in one location.

Look at 3Si.org - they have "donate 10$" and "donate 20$" buttons, but no restrictions on accessing information... and there is LOTS OF VALUEBALE INFO!!! That way they GROW since people join up and CREATE CONTENT... People VALUE the community, hence, they are willing to SUPPORT IT WITH their own MONEY!
    Nice use of caps to emphasise your points. Also can I point out one small difference (small being operative word on our behalf)

3Si.org
    Threads: 287,377, Posts: 3,178,698, Members: 17,773
    Welcome to our newest member, ruizrivj

CVR4
    Threads: 15,143, Posts: 142,873, Members: 3,000
    Welcome to our newest member, stiff

With nearly 6 times more forum users, you are in a better position to Cover Costs through donations. However we are not them, and thus have not gone down that route.

Of course becoming a member can still give you benefits in form of "ClubVR4 member" sign and discounts at places that accept VR-4 membership card... and mysterious "key ring"... and other things like pager, etc. …
    See attachment regarding key ring, again, did you contact anyone directly, or post directly for someone attention that you did not receive a membership pack? this could have possibly been actioned, without the need for it to be used in future references, such as the two mentioned above.

but “supporting site with dough because it is interesting” and getting “access to info for money” - are two different concepts…
    … and the price for "OTHER" regions (well... there is no Russia... there is OTHER) is kind of high...

For NZ it is 20$ what is it in Euros? Like 10 Euros?
    For Russia - 20 Euros + 20-22$ to transfer money... comes to around 45-47 USD… Sorry guys, seems kinda high to be able to post in the members section...
    Interesting Points here Valmes, why has this never been mentioned before? - This is a valid point, which until reading this very posts here has never crossed my mind.

PS: Just to make myself clear - It is a great place, where I met great people... and I hope (if I am not banned from the site after this message) we can still read, post and share info about our cars!
    Thank you, sorry for ranting, but its becoming a bit tiresome, however everyone is allowed their point of view, but remember to raise the issue with committee before complaining about it (i.e. missing membership, costs for "Other")
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00066.JPG  
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Worth every penny. I had similar qualms with the membership fee. In my first year of membership, I saved enough money through it to pay for about 9 years more membership.

Name
    Val
    Last Online
    15-12-2018
    Country
    Russia
    Car
    VW Phaeton W12

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG
    Do we have to go through this each time?
    Did I try to go through this any time in the past?

Sorry, that I've raised my opinion on the subject...

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    4: Don't like it, then don't come back
    Understood, Sir!

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Did I try to go through this any time in the past?

Sorry, that I've raised my opinion on the subject...
    Not you, hence i didnt quote you....

its just when people referr to issues, that were never raised by them in the past.. i.e. your missing membership pack, should have been raised as a seperate thread, and/or a PM to me, or spirit or The Vee...

Also, the costs, why was this not raised in the past?

yet both subjects were used to shoot down our costings..

Thats what im annoyed about..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast