Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Indeed, my parts list in the member's section has grown somewhat today as I've been looking.

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Decided that I've nothing to lose by doing some very hard stops on the way into work this morning.

Well, other than almost rear-ending a lorry, with the ABS going on one wheel (which feels bizarrely different to when it's going on two).

Anyhow, I'm not sure yet if that's done any good. Might go out onto the moors and do some hard stops down hill to see if that can sort the thing out.

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Sibson
    Rikki - Currently have black diamond discs on there. They've only done about 17000 miles.
    thats not good mate , it might be a set of duff discs , i put a pair of cheapo pattern discs on mine just after the warrenty ran out which cost me 69 quid and that was about 22000 miles ago , that milage includes some very heavy towing and lots of backroad thrashing .
    what pads are you running ? mine again are pattern ones made of dried liqorice (sp?) and yes there is loads of dust but they dont kill the discs

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Running Black Diamond Predator pads.

Did some more hard stops on the way home, and generally abused the brakes a bit.

I'm wondering if the problem might be that I use the brakes too little? They seem to have evened out a little under hard braking which they never normally get. The rough section of the disc is still visible, but it's noticeably flatter than it was. I will give it a bit more stick tomorrow and see what comes of that.

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

i find good brakes need to be treated like a diesel , every now and then they need a damn good thrashing to keep everything working properly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12