Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

i need some advice

Hi, my name is Tommi, I am 25 and i drive galant from 7 years(befor thay it was my fathers car by 7 years). I just came to Uk few weeks ago, i am a great fan of e3x series.
    my gal is a e33 GLSI but i am interested to find some VR4 in e39 body.
    maybe someone know the web page to any forum for e3 owners in UK?
    I would like to check the prices of that galant or find 4g63T engine to swap into my car.

the only differences between my galant and the stock glsi is that:
    -50mm susp
    -airbrushed body

U can see the pictures of my car on my website www.tommic.prv.pl

Last Online
    23-11-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR-4 Type-S

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I can't really help you myself with that I'm affraid, not too good with that side of things. Although there'll be plenty of people on here that can (probably all asleep at the moment!) I used to own a GLSi, an 8th generation one, before I moved up to my VR-4 a few months ago, great cars. You say you just moved to the UK, where abouts did you come from?

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

I am from poland, I work there in tattoo studio from 7 years but now i decide to try make tattoos in Uk, now Iam in colchester, the place that i work is called TATTOO INC
    I decide to go to england by car, my glsi all 14 years works wery well and never get failure so i think i can relay on him driving in england.
    the only problem is the english people drive on wrong side of the road hehe.

my galant now have new airbrush but it is not finished yed because i have made it few days befor i go out from poland.

In poland i am one of the oldest member of MITSUBISHI KLUB POLAND

now in nearly future iam going buy 4g63T engine ( but iam worry about FWD traction) but if i get opportunity to buy e39 vr4 probly i will buy it but that one that ive had iam not going to sold (to long time in familly)

what i can say more, i drive car from 8 years and i newer had any colission.
    i like gokards(in poland i was fastets in my club) i dont like to racing in the streets ....i prefer savety on the tracks

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by tommicrazy
    I am from poland, I work there in tattoo studio from 7 years but now i decide to try make tattoos in Uk, now Iam in colchester, the place that i work is called TATTOO INC
    I decide to go to england by car, my glsi all 14 years works wery well and never get failure so i think i can relay on him driving in england.
    the only problem is the english people drive on wrong side of the road hehe.

my galant now have new airbrush but it is not finished yed because i have made it few days befor i go out from poland.

In poland i am one of the oldest member of MITSUBISHI KLUB POLAND

now in nearly future iam going buy 4g63T engine ( but iam worry about FWD traction) but if i get opportunity to buy e39 vr4 probly i will buy it but that one that ive had iam not going to sold (to long time in familly)

what i can say more, i drive car from 8 years and i newer had any colission.
    i like gokards(in poland i was fastets in my club) i dont like to racing in the streets ....i prefer savety on the tracks

OMG !

That is some paint job you have there

Welcome to the Club

Last Online
    24-12-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vr-4 legnum

welcome to the club and did you do the pint job yourself or has someone else done it for you looks great by the way
    darren

please can someone give me some reputation points as i not got any all reallY

come check out my website i have done for my local club i belong too at

darren1978@blueyonder.co.uk

club mobile no. 07716619320

hope to see you soon

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

i am glad that U like it, this is a third picture on my car, i change them evry year
    i do it by my self in free time, tattoo and airbrush is my hobby and the same way it is my job, i take airbrush kit to Uk but now iam very busy at the tattoo studio, but in the nearest future when i will find some garage to rent i will start making paintings, u can see few on my webside www.tommic.prv.pl

but first ihave to known beter the england, couse there is to many things new for me, but i have hope that i will be able to meet all of yours on some Mitsubishi Fan Meeting

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

could somone give me the examples of some english web searchers of used cars , i know only autotrader.
    I need to check it is possible to find any galant e39 in Uk

Name
    Wouter
    Last Online
    25-05-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    01 White Legnum

autotrader and Ebay are the biggest.... you could try your local papers such as loot.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead."

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

I have one more question, when today i come back to my car i foudnd there on glas a yellow paper wher it was writted sometging about valid tax disc, what it is that disc? and what should i do to get this, couse i dont know nothing about that thing, i have payed my car tax and insurance in poland, I have all documents payed to the begining of nest year...... what should i do first..... i dont want to have any consequences and i want to have quiet and peacefull time in UK, in poland we dont use any disc !

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Hi Tommi - welcome to the UK, I would say this is an ill-informed traffic warden at work (most of them are useless as well as heartless and ruthless).

Call the DVLA customer enquiries group 0870 240 009.

I can't find anything on their website but here it is anywayDVLA - Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency

Hope it's not too big a problem

Steve

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    06-12-2020
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galaxy
    My Garage
    Visit

unless things have changed in the last few years..... By the book, if your car is registered in Poland you can leave it this way for a year as long as you are not resident in the UK. Now how they can check up if you are resident or for how long you have been over here is any ones guess. If you decide that you are resident you will have to register the car with the DVLA, get UK registration plates poss SVA if your car is under 10 years get an MOT and get a TAX disc. You will also need UK insurance. Your driving licence should cover you but the insurance companies may not be too keen on it.
    I stand to be corrected on all of the above.
    If you have a problem with getting Amsoil just contact me on 07949 944523 email don@performanceoilsltd.co.uk or web at http://www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk/
    AMSOIL 'The First in Synthetics'

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

thanks a lot for PRECIOUS INFORMATIONS, tomorrow i will call them to ask them for sure how long i can ride my car without consequences, my drive licence was changed in our new union version just few days before i go abroad, if i can ride my car to october or november i keep my car in england and after that i go to my country and left him to my parents, i will back to Uk by plane and then probably i decide to buy other car(only galant, lancer or starion)
    i have driving licence for 8 years and i never had any car accident, i am now 26 years so i think the paymant for car insurance shouldnt be high for me ( in poland i pay for whole year some about 100 L ( our polish 570zl )

the fastest way to get resident title is to be registered worker by 12 month i supose.....so i think i stil have a lot time.

anyway thanks again

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Quote Originally Posted by tommicrazy
    i have driving licence for 8 years and i never had any car accident, i am now 26 years so i think the paymant for car insurance shouldnt be high for me ( in poland i pay for whole year some about 100 L ( our polish 570zl )
    Tommi - just so you don't have a big scare in the next year or so...

1. Accidents - while I hope you never have an accident they do happen, in England we have lots of uninsured drivers, if it happens, get witness details and try to get a photo of the other drivers/cars involved. Sadly sh1t happens!

2. Insurance - because we have so many uninsured drivers honest folk like you and I have to pay for it - insurance won't be cheap!

3. When you get round to buying a car in Britain - you'd better buy a VR4!

Don't mean to be harsh - but it's probably best you prepare yourself for these things now, before they are a problem. WELCOME TO THE UK!

Steve

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

In poland the only thing that insurace comapany want to know(for basics insurance) is a country region that U live, engine type and size, age of a car owner or driver, accidents history...
    standard charge for 2.0 engine of my car is (1200zl -quite more that 200L) U can have at last 60% lower charge for few years uncolision driving and next 5% for few years duration in the same insurance company, for my luck the company where i have car insur. is the biggest and oldest in poland so i think that shounldnt be problem for english driver if i the fault will be mine for make crash

BTW is this possible to drive economical in a trip using twin turbo engine? I mean that if i will decide to go to see my parents i have 1600km to home (about 1000 miles)

who know...maybe my next car will be gvr4 EA... we will see.... i try to came to the galant owners meeteng in the nearest time.If that will be possible and if it will be in not faraway territory.
    In never saw GVR4 version live, in poland there is only 2.0 or 2,5 v6 NA

Last Online
    08-04-2008
    Country
    United States
    Car
    91 Galant VR4

Looked at your airbrush work and is awesome. By the way, welcome to the forum. You have found the best place possible for good, reliable information.

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

now i fell more relaxed, my english friend caled to the DVLA and ask them about my situation, the person who answer for call said that i have 6 month to drive on england without consequences from the time when they first write and add my car numbers to they database, so for shure ive got 5 months to drive there, if i find somwhere the excelent condiotion engine 4g63T iam going to swap it into my car, and after that i have to check that is possible to buy tax disc using polish insurance , registration and mot, if they say YES that will be no more problems for me, olso i can change car plate registration number in poland, always i dreamed about my nick name on my car in poland for that plates i have to pay 200L

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Cool bananas

Glad it's worked out alright.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Nice airbrush work and Tattoo work, I have 9 tattoo's arms and back and on my butt I know mostly Japanese styles
    Nick

Name
    Tomasz
    Last Online
    24-07-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    galant-starion

for example, how much did U pay for a car's insurance (2,5 litres twin turbo engine), important for me is to know the charge for people higher than 25 years, experiences and no colisiones drivers.

I am asking about that cause last time someone told me about polish young man (below 25Y) who bought cheap car for a few hundred pounds and the isurance company charge from him almost two thousand pounds.