Paul Clark
    Last Online
    08-12-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    C63 AMG 4.0TT

Newbie:-engine management light + tcl light

Hello i'm new to this site and have a galant vr4 import.I have had the engine management light + tcl light coming on and staying on i have reset once but problem has reoccured. Any ideas? i have the car booked in for fault code diagnostic on wednesday, but until then i'm open to suggestions.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Welcome!! Read the thread below. Post 36 gives the insight, but without reading most of the thread it may not make sense.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1219

Good luck, let us know if it works!

Name
    bal
    Last Online
    02-01-2014
    Country
    Other

can i double chekc with all about this - mines just come on and reading the thread above i see this -

"Ok I have had this problem with the traction light coming on and the engine light coming on. It is easily solved! What it is is the vaccum valve plugs have come loose, these are situated on the firewall, there are two of them. All you do is push them back into place! Mine only moved less than a mil but solved the problem. I also have AYC, in the middle of your speedo is three bars, they only come in use when your wheels are loosing traction and the computer keeps monitoring the wheels for traction so all 4 wheels have the best traction possible at that time. I also have traction control which in turn does the same thing, but it is slightly different, basically it doesnt allow you to wheel spin, for example burn outs/dounuts/fiqure 8's etc!

Cheers,
    Pescha!"

are these the two black plugs next to the windscreen motor pump?
    VR4s, interesting aint they .....