04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Brake cleaner spray - so that the contacts don't get oiled up?

Name
    Paul Clark
    Last Online
    08-12-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    C63 AMG 4.0TT

Got the trolley jack out yesterday,put the wheels up in the air and give the sensors a good blasting with brake cleaner.Did all four job done no more probs.
    I was wondering where abs fly leads connected in the engine bay as the thought did cross my mind to check the resistance of each sensor. This idea kind of went out of the window as i couldn't find the correct connector blocks.Any ideas?

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

You have to remove some of the wheelarch plastic to get at the connectors properly. It's easy once you've done it once. Just follow the lead from the sensor until it disappears into the plastic (need the wheel off). Remove the screws holding the panel it disappears behind (you don't need to take off the whole panel - just remove about three screws so you can get your hand behind it. Follow the wire with your hand until you feel the connector. If i remeber correctly you need to squeeze a couple of tabs on the connector to release it.
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.