29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Im struggling with this one, I checked all the error logs from the Site/Databases, nothing there, only a few errors about images not being found (my bad coding ) - plenty disk space, no errors with memory etc. Ive defragged the databases, reindexed them, yet you guys are still having problems.

I have tried from FireFox, Latest IE, from both home, and work, I tried accessing site from 2 friends houses and they were not having problems. It must be a local issue? you guys are all on different ISP's so its not an ISP issue.

Has anyone done anything to try resolve it? I knwo Glenn has tried Firefox and got some better results, what happened to the guys that cleared cache?

Is anyone in a position to create a new windows profile, and log onto site using that?
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG
    Im struggling with this one, I checked all the error logs from the Site/Databases, nothing there, only a few errors about images not being found (my bad coding ) - plenty disk space, no errors with memory etc. Ive defragged the databases, reindexed them, yet you guys are still having problems.

I have tried from FireFox, Latest IE, from both home, and work, I tried accessing site from 2 friends houses and they were not having problems. It must be a local issue? you guys are all on different ISP's so its not an ISP issue.

Has anyone done anything to try resolve it? I knwo Glenn has tried Firefox and got some better results, what happened to the guys that cleared cache?

Is anyone in a position to create a new windows profile, and log onto site using that?
    Whats happening to me now is ! I can load and start reading all the posts, but the loading bar at the bottom of the screen does not fill completely ? Then after 10secs or sometimes 2 mins it fills completely and i get kicked out of the site, to the screen that says "Cannot Find Server" ??

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by WODJNO
    Whats happening to me now is ! I can load and start reading all the posts, but the loading bar at the bottom of the screen does not fill completely ? Then after 10secs or sometimes 2 mins it fills completely and i get kicked out of the site, to the screen that says "Cannot Find Server" ??
    Immediately after writing the above. ?? I find i have no issues with the site

WTF !!!

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

I'm using Win ME and IE 5 (I think?) at home on 1MB broadband with NTL. I'm using Win XP with the latest IE 6 at work on 2MB broadband from BT.

I 've cleared cookies but that has had no effect. I'm still having the same problems listed earlier. I'll try a few other computers while i'm at work and let you know the outcome.
    The best things in life have to be lubricated

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

No, same problems on two other computers.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by WildCards
    I really don't get it.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Your not using a roaming profile are you?

you clear internet cache/temp?

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by WildCards
    ME TOO...............AGAIN. I'm now at home and the same or very similar problems still occuring (as before on my work computer). Machine specs totally different so don't think that's where the problem lies IMHO.

I did get an error message symbol down in the lower lefthand corner of the IE 6.0 window when loading this thread (which is still limited to five posts BTW). I took a screen capture as before and it's attached. The top line of the message is a little hard to see but reads "Line: 672". Hope this helps.

Very sad to see those who usually have all the answers lost with this but these problems are so wide spread for me that the site is virtually unusable. As soon as a thread gets over five replies, I can't see them to read them. I can't search............

Please, please help, I'm really starting to miss my daily CVR4 fix..............

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	11778  

Last Online
    09-05-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    North Yorkshire, by the banks of the Mighty Wiske. _______________________you can type loads of trivial stuff in this little box, but eventually you run out of spac
    Car
    '92 Soarer/'83 Lotus

Thumbs down

I been having trouble with it for a couple of days now.
    the last message on each thread page is blank or a strange colour purple with no text, and I can't get past that message.

Also some navigation buttons don't respond.

Big Trubs !
    get IN . . . . . hold ON . . . . . shut UP ! .

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by VR4 MAD
    ME TOO...............AGAIN. I'm now at home and the same or very similar problems still occuring (as before on my work computer). Machine specs totally different so don't think that's where the problem lies IMHO.

I did get an error message symbol down in the lower lefthand corner of the IE 6.0 window when loading this thread (which is still limited to five posts BTW). I took a screen capture as before and it's attached. The top line of the message is a little hard to see but reads "Line: 672". Hope this helps.

Very sad to see those who usually have all the answers lost with this but these problems are so wide spread for me that the site is virtually unusable. As soon as a thread gets over five replies, I can't see them to read them. I can't search............

Please, please help, I'm really starting to miss my daily CVR4 fix..............

Cheers, I checked the code on that page, it doesnt go up to char 24, infact on line 672 theres only 9 chars.. and 872 has 30, yet the code isnt doing anything in particular..

could you copy paste that whole error message in for me please?

Does anyone else have error messages? I need them, they help

Last Online
    09-05-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    North Yorkshire, by the banks of the Mighty Wiske. _______________________you can type loads of trivial stuff in this little box, but eventually you run out of spac
    Car
    '92 Soarer/'83 Lotus

Today, 12:15 PM #45
    WildCards vbmenu_register("postmenu_168725", true);
    CVR4 Committee

<a href="member.php?u=1747"

this is a cut 'n' paste of the last post i can see on this thread. I can't even read the last one I posted.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

BraindG.....some observations which might help.

1) Your revolving Avatar is glitching/missing frames which it didn't use to do.

2) Wildcards and I are both having just about exactly the same problems and considering we are on opposite sides of the planet, would have meant ISP issues at our end were unlikely, I would have thought.

3) Surely the '5 post' problem we are having should be a big clue or at least a place to start. What could cause that?

4) Likewise, the way none of the menus which have dropdowns are working would also give somewhere to start looking.

5) At temporary fix for me has been to sent the thread display to 'hybrid' which allows me to see on the tree view all the posts and jump to see the ones I can't see because of the '5 post' restriction.

Hope these help a little.

Cheers
    VR4 MAD

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

True, I know its not an ISP issue, however I have checked all the last modified times of the scripts, and none have been changed for quite some time, so that cannot be the problem. i am also unable to any errors being generated within the raw error logs on the server - I cannot replicate this issue, which makes life very hard for me to troubleshoot.

I need as much information from you guys, the IE errors you kindly posted at top, more of them would help. - I recon though, that the error will change on each page load.

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BraindG
    Cheers, I checked the code on that page, it doesnt go up to char 24, infact on line 672 theres only 9 chars.. and 872 has 30, yet the code isnt doing anything in particular..

could you copy paste that whole error message in for me please?

Does anyone else have error messages? I need them, they help
    BraindG........what I attached was all the error message. I checked it on screen before capturing it. There was no more...........sorry.

Another thing I've just noticed and I've seen similar things at the bottom of my incomplete pages and spread around inside pages since these troubles started, random lines of html coding like this...............

WildCards vbmenu_register("postmenu_168725", true);
    CVR4 Committee

<a href="member.php?u=1747"

............I've attached a screen capture again where this occured. This is not isolated but has been occuring all over the place for me, especially towards the bottom of pages just before big blank areas where the next message should be.

Any help?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	11779  

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

BraindG, one other thing too........images like the one I just uploaded aren't opening fully. A new IE6 window opens and about half the image comes in but IE thinks all the image has come in. This afternoon I tried saving an incompltee image and opening it in an image editor and only the bit IE saw was diplayed in the image editor too.......strange.

Any help............yes...no........uummmmmmmm

Off to bed now, it bl**dly late on our side of the planet and got work tomorrow.

Cheers,
    VR4 MAD

Name
    Wynn
    Last Online
    08-04-2024
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1998 VR-4 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertyco
    I been having trouble with it for a couple of days now.
    the last message on each thread page is blank or a strange colour purple with no text, and I can't get past that message.

Also some navigation buttons don't respond.

Big Trubs !
    Oh No the plagues spreading.............................

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

That Html code your showing is standard code for showing the drop down menus..

It looks like it having a hissy fit, and spweing html everywhere.

Ill keep investigating..

Last Online
    22-11-2017
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    R34 GTT

I'm having some odd experiences at work, but at home it's perfect.

On this thread for example, I cant get to the bottom of the page, where it stops at a purple line. To the left of that line is should be someones avatar but there is just this <a href="member.php?u=1747" class="bigusernam0.

I had to use the New Reply button at top of page for this post.

Using Pipex at home, but not sure about work. Will ask.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Barry

Ok I still have the issue but only in IE - I captured the source of the web page displayed when it goes wrong and it looks like the response back from the back end server is being trunacated . I have compressed the source files generated by the php forum script and at the end of each one you can see that it just cuts off .

It may be a server issue or a bug in php .

Cheers John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Last Online
    09-05-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '92 Soarer/'83 Lotus

I'm on Firefox and I'm being Truncated also.

I hate being truncated.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast