Thread: Lifesure refusing to give me a quote, anyone else had issues dealing with them?

Last Online
    14-12-2007
    Country
    Other

Lifesure refusing to give me a quote, anyone else had issues dealing with them?

Hey,
    Has anyone else had issues dealing with Lifesure? My insurance is up for renewal so i thought i would give them a call to see if they were any cheaper than Sky who i am currently with and have been very happy with.

Gave Lifesure a call this evening, ran through the details for the quote as per usual and came to that point where they ask what the best price i have had so far has been....

Now i'm not going to tell them that as it's no incentive to beat it by a large margin, all i expect of them is to give me their best possible price straight off without any messing around...

This was not to be however, basically they turned round and refused to give me a quote without having a target figure - fair enough, their target figure in that case is 0 - get as close to it as you can guys and if you are the best price/policy balance you get the business... I am not prepared to play insurance companies off against one another, faff around giving them visibility of their competitors price so they can narrowly unddercut it and hope to get the business. So basically they refuse to quote without having a figure from me, i say fair enough they've just lost the potential of the business and hang up on them....

Completely flummoxed by the conversation especially as i have seen posts on here recommending them however if they are not even prepared to quote without playing games i'm not quite sure what sort of service to expect...

Is this typical of how they work/should i just stick with the ever helpfull Sky and renew with them, or is there anyone else new on the market that may be worth a call?

Cheers

Al
    2002 VY Holden Commodore SS

Getting strange looks on the streets of Melbourne - 98 TVR Chimaera 400

Mine no more..- 96 Legnum VR-4

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

I think Tesco have provided some good prices - if you hold a second I'll give you my clubcard no.

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

To be fair, I can see both sides to the argument. Virtually everything today is price orientated and that's what most of their calls are probably like. I think every company I have ever rung has asked what my best price/renewal price so far is.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Yeah I did a phone calls last week for quotes and got everytime have you been quoted by other companies
    Nick

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Nick VR4
    Yeah I did a phone calls last week for quotes and got everytime have you been quoted by other companies
    I just tell them £50 cheaper than my premium was last year Even if i haven't had any quotes..

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Why not say that you haven't had a quote yet?

I don't really care what I have to do to get the best possible quote, and I'll save even 10 quid if it's possible - it's all money down the drain

It's business. It's the way the world works. Don't play the game - be prepared to pay the price!
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Last Online
    14-12-2007
    Country
    Other

Yep, have certainly had the question before and no other company has ever forced the issue when i've refused to give them information on their competitors..

Oh well, such is life - i'd far rather pay a bit more than go with a company that gets arsey about even giving a quote.

Last Online
    29-01-2010
    Country
    Other
    Car
    impreza and galant

try confused.com they search 96% of all online insurers and don't charge extra , , they get there fees from the insurance company should you decide to accept it

oh, and 1 of the questions is '' previous best quote''
    just stick down a bit less than your renewal

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Actually confused.com's price for my insurer was higher than going direct to them. It was also less than half what lifesure could manage...

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    04-01-2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    1996 Legnum VR4

As this is my 2nd legnum I asked for a new quote, my records where on file, and basically paid and extra £226 with my Missus too, this was ontop of a £350 running policy for a 405 TDGT Fully Comp (It was a get me by junker until I replaced the original legnum).

So all in all £576 which blew me away, all mods are registered to.
    18's, Zorst And HKS power filter.

Try using www.moneysupermarket.com as confused didn't show up a legnum or a Gallant VR4 at the time.

But in my experiance, give lifesure a ring again, and give them the quotes off confused/moneysupermarket etc.

It will be underwritten by NIG in most cases !

Al.
    Engine Mods :: HKS Induction kit, Fujitsubo stainless steel exhaust
    Interior Mods :: MMCS
    Style Mods :: HID Head Lights, 18" Pear White Yokohama Kreuger X Series Alloys, Coilover suspension, Private Plate "L66 NUM", Etched Glass Logos

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Cool

To be fair to Lifesure I've just given them my previous best offer - £594 and they beat it by over £110!

Last Online
    11-01-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant VR4 saloon

Fairly sure they wouldn't give me a quote either, but for another fact that i'm 23.

But i alway, when getting quote, basically have a price in my head i would be willing to pay, i then take 200 quid off and thats the best price i tell insurance companies.

Last Online
    06-10-2010
    Country
    England
    Car
    legnumvr4

Quote Originally Posted by Si.

But i alway, when getting quote, basically have a price in my head i would be willing to pay, i then take 200 quid off and thats the best price i tell insurance companies.
    But that aint gonna work either.. these companies know what each other is charging AND who underwrites the policy too! So b*****it wont get you anywhere..
    Confucius says " Girl who sits on brother-in-laws knee... makes it hard for sister"