02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Went to the local fair

Rant mode on
    Just got back from the Local fair

Last year the fair only stayed for one day yobs (Chavs) decided to have a riot

We went with family 4 adults and 3 kids age 6 yrs , 2 yrs and 7 months,

Got there it was fully fenced off and security guards checking everyone in with a metal detector no drinks alcohol allowed good I thought

Walked around for a while did a few stalls and then noticed kids about 10 to 17 years old were going in a out the same kids, I noticed the security guard sussed it out too.
    There we going out to drink booze and then come back in, some could just about walk, all in big gangs all looking like they lived on the streets scruffy or what defo chav material all hanging around not going on many rides etc
    And all were checking people out and looking for trouble my Mrs had her handbag under the pushchair hidden thankfully

Made me feel uncomfortable having to have eyes in the back of my head to se nothing look untowards

We left after about 1 1/2 walking out noticed 4 police vans 5 or 6 police taking to some kids
    A few yards away about 10-15 one gobby kid f ing and swearing at some other kid police step in grab this one kid by his jacket and drag his away
    Police officer holding on to him telling him to calm down this kid is defo drunk and the anger in his eyes was bad

We didnt stay to watch so dont know if he got arrested or not but I would have and made the rest move along

Rant mode off time for a beer
    Nick

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Fun fairs - 'nuff said.

Haven't been to one since school days but remember that back then there was often more adrenaline from trying to avoid the gang of school bullies, skins and casuals than the rides themselves.

Don't imagine it's ever been different though - fairs attract all sorts, especially the dreggs.

Last Online
    22-11-2017
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    R34 GTT

Aye, find them everywhere these days. Anywhere there's a quick steal to be made.

Starting to feel my age these days.

I live in a sleepy, picturesque town in North Wales where many visit every summer for the quietness and scenery.
    In the past 3 years the place has been getting worse and worse, with more and more kids hanging round the streets.

The yearly carnival has become more famous for its drunken chavvie brawls than the fare and fravolities.

The scenery has also been changing recently, to a mess of graffiti (nothing cool, just random, wrongly spelt swear words). Nothing can be done about it due to the lack of money. And painting over it is just a blank canvas for more illiterate blaspheme.

Think I'll join you for that pint.