02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Several shot at Canadian college

And Canada has the least gun crime

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5343714.stm

Details on the incident at Dawson College are still sketchy, but a local hospital said 12 had been admitted and at least six were critical.
    Eyewitnesses said a gunman dressed in military fatigues had entered the cafeteria at lunchtime.
    Some reports said two attackers were dead. The number of gunmen in the incident is not yet clear.
    TV footage showed students fleeing the campus and stretchers with casualties.
    Police with drawn guns were seen sheltering behind vehicles outside the site.
    Eyewitnesses spoke of blood on the steps of the building, which houses 10,000 students.
    "I could see him fire several times... I ran into a classroom. It was like something from a movie," student Michel Boyer told CBC television.
    Professor Robert Soroka told Reuters news agency the shooting began at 1245 (1645 GMT), and said he heard about 20 shots fired over 30 minutes.
    Police have cordoned off the area and nearby sites have been evacuated.
    In December 1989 a gunman shot and killed 14 young women in Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique, before turning the gun on himself.
    Nick

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

I once met a girl who was at Thurston high school when the shooting there happened. She was in the cafeteria and the people either side of her were hit (one fatally). Her younger brother and sister were happy, outgoing people (not very smart, but they seemed nice enough), but it had made her totally withdrawn and destroyed her self esteem. The human effects of these things is pretty big.

There's actually quite a good (fiction) film about it, called Home Room. It deals with the way different people react to a school shooting, and how people come to terms with death.

Canada has less gun crime than the USA. But the least? I don't think so... we have less than they yet we have had our own school shooting.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Well Ok not the least but way down the line I'm sure Micheal Moores Doc Bowling for Columbine stated that the UK had more gun crime than Canada ????

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Canadians are pretty much french people that live further away aren't they?

----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

That's the Quebecois. The rest are sort of half-americans.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

French Canadians may be grouped geographically by their province of origin:
    The Acadians in the Maritime Provinces and the Métis are not classified as French Canadians, but as distinct francophone peoples.