Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Great weekend as everyone has said. Thanks to all for making it possible. Despite not having a VR4 I still thoroughly enjoyed my track time with Jimbo, Simon and Mark, and for me, it was a very relaxed day not having a car or track time to worry about. It was good to see everyone, shame I wasn't drinking last night but I had to be up this morning, but good nonetheless.

Thanks to Mo for sorting me out and thanks for all the well wishes, support and pi$$ taking. It means alot.
    The best things in life have to be lubricated

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom

Glad you enjoyed it Steve - hope Kate did too, and that she hasn't been scarred for life by Kieran's antics

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Glad you enjoyed it Steve - hope Kate did too, and that she hasn't been scarred for life by Kieran's antics
    I behaved myself all night, dear! My hands never left my arms!

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    I behaved myself all night, dear!

That's nice.

I didn't

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

Can't add much to what has already been said, but it was a very special weekend. Mrs Vee even enjoyed the lawn mowing bit, even though there were a few early cusses from moi!! colVR4, you're welcome, and it's fair to say, I wasn't unduly hanging round, some of your corner driftwork was most impressive Thanks to everyone who attended for making it so good and all the hard work by the organisers.

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    07-12-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Well, I fear I'm only going to reiterate what others have already said.

We really do have an exceptionally friendly Club built up by Barry and others of which we should all be proud. The turn out at both Donington and later at the hotel was impressive and a big thanks to everyone who attended.

As for myself .......

As some of you know already, I have not had a serious drink for many years. From a somewhat addled memory I think I had six pints of Cider between 5.30 until 7.30 in the downstairs bar. I only drank one more pint between 7.30 and 11.45.

For many years of staying in hotels around the world I can recollect having the ability to chat up some lovely girls and subsequently inviting them back to my room (for coffee). I'm ashamed to say that I screwed up big time after only two pints ...... Steve (Brunty) was about to leave to go back to Birmingham when I suggested he could have the spare bed in my room. After all these years it's got to the point that all I can pick up is guys! Well, at least he was handsome ....... and very gentle with me! But gawd - does he snore! (I bet most of you thought there was a big thunderstorm in the night ...... wrong, it was Brunty.)

What most of you didn't see was that when I stood up in the downstairs bar to move upstairs ......... my legs wouldn't work properly. The left leg wanted to go sideways (crab-like) and the right leg wanted to go backwards. I was carrying a full pint and when I reached the bottom of the stairs I had to sit down on an empty seat close to a small group of other customers. It was at this point that I realised my mouth wouldn't work properly either. One guy sitting next to me asked if he could help me and took my pint off me and placed it on the table in front of me - which I couldn't see. I thanked him ...... along the lines of, "kind you very that's of". I think I bored them about VR4's for five minutes and they even offered to carry my pint upstairs for me when I decided to have another go. However, this may not have been a purely polite gesture - they were sitting underneath the open plan stairs after all.

For the rest of the evening, Brunty kept pestering me with "do you want to go to bed yet?" Whenever I got my camera out, Barry tried to get in the frame. Everyone suggested I eat something - wonder why? Heath kept asking me where his present from me was. Some prat asked me what sort of car I drove ........ "A VR4 of course." Later on it dawned on me that he meant saloon or Legnum.

Oh, and something is wrong with my nose!

Thanks for a great time one and all ................
    RIP: Richard (Physician)

Bog standard silver VR4 except a decat pipe and quad exhaust outlets.

Name
    Alex
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom

Sounds like you're doing well to have remembered all of that Richard!

It's all part of the fun if you drink to much to walk / talk / think straight anyway. Hope you didn't suffer too much for it in the morning anyway

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    05-07-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RS3

Rich, it was an houner and a pleasure to finally catch up with you bro!
    Big thumbs up for your vid to the hotel.... the RAC route planner was not even close!

Name
    DeK
    Last Online
    03-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    6Gee n VW4mo

Am extremely gutted that I missed, by what I gathered, viewing the sessions on what was one of the best tracks visited so far! I have always liked this track from the TOCA game from yesteryear.

My car let me down and delayed me .. but hey such is life...

The evening gathering made up for some of this however, altho I am sure I missed many of you who made it on time..

Where are all the pix and vidi footage? Did anyone get any?

What about convoy footage?

I counted 18 VR4s/galants in the hotel car park that night too. I must say I agree with Wodjies comment that the white leggies looked fantastic in the dark!

AHHH just seen the pix in other thread!
    Last edited by pezza; 02-10-2006 at 12:12 AM.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    05-07-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RS3

Quote Originally Posted by pezza
    Where are all the pix and vidi footage? Did anyone get any?
    I have been trying to get the 3rd session uploaded tonight but time has beaten me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by pezza
    I must say I agree with Wodjies comment that the white leggies looked fantastic in the dark!

Cheers bud!

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    07-12-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Quote Originally Posted by tig202
    Rich, it was an houner and a pleasure to finally catch up with you bro!
    Big thumbs up for your vid to the hotel.... the RAC route planner was not even close!
    Thankyou sir!

Nice chatting whilst I was still sober ........... 'ish.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    07-08-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Saab 9-5 Estate

Quote Originally Posted by Physician
    Well, I fear I'm only going to reiterate what others have already said.

We really do have an exceptionally friendly Club built up by Barry and others of which we should all be proud. The turn out at both Donington and later at the hotel was impressive and a big thanks to everyone who attended.

As for myself .......

As some of you know already, I have not had a serious drink for many years. From a somewhat addled memory I think I had six pints of Cider between 5.30 until 7.30 in the downstairs bar. I only drank one more pint between 7.30 and 11.45.

For many years of staying in hotels around the world I can recollect having the ability to chat up some lovely girls and subsequently inviting them back to my room (for coffee). I'm ashamed to say that I screwed up big time after only two pints ...... Steve (Brunty) was about to leave to go back to Birmingham when I suggested he could have the spare bed in my room. After all these years it's got to the point that all I can pick up is guys! Well, at least he was handsome ....... and very gentle with me! But gawd - does he snore! (I bet most of you thought there was a big thunderstorm in the night ...... wrong, it was Brunty.)

What most of you didn't see was that when I stood up in the downstairs bar to move upstairs ......... my legs wouldn't work properly. The left leg wanted to go sideways (crab-like) and the right leg wanted to go backwards. I was carrying a full pint and when I reached the bottom of the stairs I had to sit down on an empty seat close to a small group of other customers. It was at this point that I realised my mouth wouldn't work properly either. One guy sitting next to me asked if he could help me and took my pint off me and placed it on the table in front of me - which I couldn't see. I thanked him ...... along the lines of, "kind you very that's of". I think I bored them about VR4's for five minutes and they even offered to carry my pint upstairs for me when I decided to have another go. However, this may not have been a purely polite gesture - they were sitting underneath the open plan stairs after all.

For the rest of the evening, Brunty kept pestering me with "do you want to go to bed yet?" Whenever I got my camera out, Barry tried to get in the frame. Everyone suggested I eat something - wonder why? Heath kept asking me where his present from me was. Some prat asked me what sort of car I drove ........ "A VR4 of course." Later on it dawned on me that he meant saloon or Legnum.

Oh, and something is wrong with my nose!

Thanks for a great time one and all ................
    Blody pi$$head, I thought you were disgraceful and I'll be telling your daughters all about it when I see them tonight. Although it was good of you to offer me your car for a week or two while i've not got one, i'll be round about 6:30ish to pick it up is that alright?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Quote Originally Posted by MPBVr4
    Thanks to Brunty for the on track entertainment - never seen a VR4 dance like that before .
    It's easily done if you don't know what you're doing.

Certainly highlights for me were:

• running a properly functioning VR4 under those conditions as it's taken a long time to get my AYC working and learning how the AYC should be used - cheers PSB
    • meeting and sharing a drink with a number of club members, many for the first time
    • PSB's lad counting about 25 sweets out of his pockets, some in wrappers, some without wrappers, some half eaten! Bet doing the laundry was fun when you got back

Low points were:
    • Embarrassed that I spun on the track
    • Twice
    • Kieran posting in this thread that I like booty? WTF??

Great day thanks to all who made it so much fun
    Last edited by Brunty; 02-10-2006 at 04:37 PM.

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    11-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo 4 GSR

Hi guys,

Great to meet loads of you at the weekend, I have loads of pics but am on a course all week so can't post them til the weekend, shame I missed the evening activity but unfortunately I had work stuff to do!!

Next time i'll make sure i'm more available!

Matt
    '97 EVO 4 GSR

Name
    Lorraine
    Last Online
    20-05-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ToyotaMR2GTI-16

Quote Originally Posted by orionn2o
    Hi guys,

Great to meet loads of you at the weekend, I have loads of pics but am on a course all week so can't post them til the weekend, shame I missed the evening activity but unfortunately I had work stuff to do!!

Next time i'll make sure i'm more available!

Matt
    Really nice to meet you as well Matt...and your Mum and Dad of coarse.

It is always nice to put a face to the name

Name
    Matt
    Last Online
    11-06-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo 4 GSR

Yeah they had a good day out too, I had promised my Dad i'd take him to one of the events this year and my mum fancied a day out too.

All the other events this year, i've been out with a convoy of my mates in their motors so this one was slightly different!

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lillywotsername
    It is always nice to put a face to the name
    ^^^ which one was he ??

Name
    Lorraine
    Last Online
    20-05-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ToyotaMR2GTI-16

Quote Originally Posted by SGHOM
    ^^^ which one was he ??
    Really blond, young looking guy with his Mum and Dad..... Was parked in behind PSB in the morning before they all started juggling around

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    17-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Alfa Romeo 159

We need some members pictures with names again.

I'm forgetting half of them already!!
    2014 Skoda Octavia 2.0 petrol Vrs estate
    2015 Volkswagen Golf 1.6 Tdi Bluemotion
    1971 BRG MGB Roadster
    1970 VW T2 Baywindow camper

Name
    James
    Last Online
    15-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Old VR4 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by colVR4
    We need some members pictures with names again.

I'm forgetting half of them already!!
    And you were...? Only kidding Col, enjoyed our 3rd track session together, that was great fun

Had another fantastic weekend, it was great to catch up with you all again. I hope I didn't embaress myself too much in the evenings.....or hell, even in the day with my so-called driving!!. Glad we gave Heath a really good do and big well done to Simon for doing the Eamonn Holmes thing Saturday night, brilliant stuff! Well done to all the organisers and to every single last person who made the trek. Serious comedown today back at work.....can we do it all again tomorrow purleeeze?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast