Thread: More 2.5 V6 Sport Questions

Last Online
    23-12-2003

More 2.5 V6 Sport Questions

Hiya,

I posted some questions concerning the 2.5 V6 Sport a week or two ago but I'm back with a few more!!

Can anyone let me know whether the Momo steering wheel is a standard part of the Sport package?

I would also like to ask whether the seat trims on all of the Sport packages are plain because I have seen the ones on a V6 tested by Autocar back in 1997 and they had the trims with the funny patterns on them. This seems to be a thing with Jap manufacturers as I have a friend who owns a Supra twin turbo and he has those kind of wishy-washy patterned material. I am hoping that by the time Mitsi introduced the Sport they stopped those kind of seats. No offence to anyone who has them but I'm not a big fan at all!!

Thanks in advance,

James

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    23-05-2011
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Z3 Coupe 2.8

Hi James,

Well every Sport I've seen 2000INSERT INTO post VALUES (W) on has the Momo wheel, and it's lovely, just a little squared at the sides - very nice.

As for the upholstry INSERT INTO post VALUES (is that right?) I know what you mean, if you can get one with Leather you are sorted, but the sport trim is not so bad as the GLS velour INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry Kieran )

You can see the interiors here http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2399 INSERT INTO post VALUES (colV6sport's) and here http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2235 INSERT INTO post VALUES (mine)

So, are you gonna join the Honourable Company of V6 Sport Owners?
    Formerly: '99 Black Legnum VR4
    Then: '99 Toyota Corolla (succesfully adopted by Girlfriend )
    Then: Audi A3, gave up on the Cabrio idea (T-boned by a guy who couldn't see in the dark. Quote "Your car is too black")
    Now: Smart Cabrio (so much fun from so little HP)
    Latest: BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8 (ahhhh... that's better)

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

No offence taken I know what you mean, however the post-2000 facelift interiors have nicer interior fabrics that the pre-facelift UK models, so mine's not too bad.

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

The only thing about Sports I don't like is that some of them have blue dash tops, rather than black. I think it depends on the exterior colour?

Name
    Mohammed
    Last Online
    07-04-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom

i like the black leather interior in the v6 sport and the momo steering wheel
    NO More VR4 for me, well ive still got the 6G

Last Online
    23-12-2003

Quote Originally Posted by adam_shaw
    So, are you gonna join the Honourable Company of V6 Sport Owners?
    I'm still deciding but I should have the money ready in a few months time. Put it this way, I'd rather ask my questions here than at the dealership INSERT INTO post VALUES (even though I won't be buying from a dealer).

I will have to take a test drive at some point so that should be interesting. The only thing that really bothers me is when handling is pushed to the limit. I think it would be wise to lower the car with uprated coils and shocks. I don't mind a firm ride INSERT INTO post VALUES (it must be my motorsport addiction rubbing off) and would happily sacrifice comfort for better handling. :rolleyes5

Do all V6 Sports come without a spoiler INSERT INTO post VALUES (only added as an option)? Am I right in assuming spoilers seen on a V6 is the same as the VR-4?

Thanks,

James

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    17-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Alfa Romeo 159

Me again

I could be wrong but as far as I am aware the spoiler on the V6 Sport is smaller than the VR-4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (more subtle I like to think :-D jk).

The leather interior in my car was actually a non-standard fitting by the guy who originally bought the car who spent £1,500 putting it in because he didn't like the original upholsteryINSERT INTO post VALUES (didn't add much difference to the price when I bought it though).

The suspension on the V6 Sport isn't too bad. I tend to push the car around the twisty, bumpy back roads around Norfolk and it handles them okay. What is disconcerting is the bang that you sometimes get from the front suspension when you go over a hump in the road. It seems like the suspension drops down very quickly when it becomes unsupported. I don't know if this is something to do with the dampening effect of the shocks or what but I have noticed it a few times. Doesn't stop me though!! :evil1:
    2014 Skoda Octavia 2.0 petrol Vrs estate
    2015 Volkswagen Golf 1.6 Tdi Bluemotion
    1971 BRG MGB Roadster
    1970 VW T2 Baywindow camper

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    17-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Alfa Romeo 159

Oh, and the steering wheel does appear to be standard from all of the Sport models that I have seen.