Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Thumbs up MOT Pass!

Just got back from the test station, really nice bunch who took great interest in the car. They have a new fancy ramp that shakes your car like hell and apparently shows up even minor problems in joins and bushes...it's amazing how much the sidewalls on your tyres flex! No sign of the untraceable knock either!
    I was watching with intrepedation as he continued to smile to himself and shake the car some more before bringing it down for the emissions test. it sat at .30 CO for a while and then slowly dropped to .28....'Not far off, give it a rev and it'll settle properly' he says so I do.....'Re-calibration required please wait 60 secs' so we sit there and it recalibrates shortly followed by .55%Co and slowly drops again. 'It'l settle if we leave it long enough' he says, 'but I ain't waitin that long'
    Off he goes, and I wait and see wat colour the paperwork is...... it's green. 'No yellow sheet?' I ask....'No it was crackin', lovely car.' is the reply. So I paid my £50.35 and skipped off through the door (well walked anyway). So I'm now chuffed to bits, 13 months before I have to worry about emissions again!
    Last edited by Beastlee; 05-06-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Name
    Lorraine
    Last Online
    20-05-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ToyotaMR2GTI-16

congratulations Lee.....

Always a worrying time with the emissions tests.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Having just read through a number of other threads on emissions I find there are two set of limits mentioned. Mine was tested at 0.20% CO limit but many of you seem to be tested at 0.30%. Given that mine initially sat at .28-.30% that woul dhave been enough to pass regardless.
    Does anyone know what the official limits should be for the VR-4?

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

Mine was tested at 0.30 last time ... as I just scraped under with a reading 0.298 when the exhaust got very hot ...
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition