Thread: Time for my service - Pulling away noises?

Last Online
    16-03-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 Sport

Time for my service - Pulling away noises?

Its time for my annual service, and i have given the mitsu garage my car this morning, obviously this will no doubt cost my an arm and a leg, i assumed this would be the case after they got the car on the ramps, but i got a call from the garage BEFORE it was even lifted onthe lift! Apprently when pulling away there is a strange noise like an electric motor whirring when first puling away coming from the gearbox. Now that noise has been there since sept when i bought the car and i always thought it was normal. I've never had a problem changing gears (no crunching, every change has been smooth) So I was wondering is the mechanic at the mitsu garage just unaware of the noise of a V6 2.5L pulling off or shoudl i really be worried?? I must emphasise again that since i got the car it has alwasy made the funny whirring noise, Its only on pull off after second gear no such noise comes about.

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

is this the whirly noise you get for about 2 seconds when you just start the car and pull off? - is this noise there when the car is running and pulling off, i.e. at lights? or only just after starting the car?
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Last Online
    16-03-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 Sport

BraindG - the noise occurs when pulling away from lights as well as after i start up in the morning, so it happens every time I pull off, for a short period of time (until gear shift) - A friend of mine said it sounds like an electric scooter/electric car.

Name
    I
    Last Online
    07-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V70

Whining first gear?
    It's been a crazy year, But through all the damage done,
    I have turned and I have learned, To make next year a better one,
    Singing Oh Hallelujah,