Colin
    Last Online
    17-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Alfa Romeo 159

Thumbs up Slippy auto changes - Fixed!!

Finally got round to 2 very important jobs and I am so impressed with the result.

First, full flush...oh, and I do mean a full flush, of foul old stinking fluid that nearly made me retch and in with some good ol' AMSOIL...

but not before this was added...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Skoda Octavia 2.0 petrol Vrs estate
    2015 Volkswagen Golf 1.6 Tdi Bluemotion
    1971 BRG MGB Roadster
    1970 VW T2 Baywindow camper

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    17-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Alfa Romeo 159

cont...

WHAT a difference it has made. I must admit that I did not do the fitting myself, I got CC Customs (the guys who did my exhaust) to fit it. They did the whole fitment in a couple of hours.

The transmission changes are uber smooth, which I attribute to the AMSOIL completely, but there is none of the over-heating issues that I was having with the shifts before.

I took it for a very spirited run along a well-known country lane to test it out and there was no nasty jerking at all afterwards. Usually, it would jerk in 2nd-3rd after a hard, full boost run.

I touched the metal hosing after I got back and they were FRICKIN HOT!!! I would recommend that anyone who is upping the power or tracking the car to get one fitted, it could save your gearbox.

The way it is set up is for the fluid to flow into the new cooler before it goes into the standard one at the bottom of the radiator. This should ensure that it stays at an optimum running temperature without getting 'over-cooled'.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Good job, and good summary! It's always good when an upgrade is instantly appreciated!!

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    06-12-2020
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galaxy
    My Garage
    Visit

Sounds like another good result, the gear shifting will continue to improve for a few hundred miles as the Amsoil ATF strips out the remaining gunge and varnishes in the mechanisms. Your ECU will also take a little time (if reste) to relearn proper shifting again or longer if you havent reset it.
    Good Job
    If you have a problem with getting Amsoil just contact me on 07949 944523 email don@performanceoilsltd.co.uk or web at http://www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk/
    AMSOIL 'The First in Synthetics'