Thread: Going to Keighley

Last Online
    11-08-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vauxhall astra

Question Going to Keighley

Before everyone says dont go, its only to take my mates to pick up their new motors, a skyline and a supra and while up there i thought id take a look at their stock of leggys. So many of you have previously said its a bad idea but if anyone has had a good experience with them id appreciate hearing it too. One of my mates bought a GTO from them previously and he loved it and it was a tidy car so ill just go have a nose for now
    It will be mine, oh yes it WILL be mine!

Assessing Hammond's crash:
    Clarkson:"you can see from the tape that the tyre is starting to come apart. now why didnt you spot that?!"
    Hammond:"I had a lot on: i was doing 288 mph."
    Clarkson: "What do you mean you had a lot on? I can be in the office on the phone, doining the paperwork, kids are shouting at me, wife etc, if a lion walks in, I'm going to notice it!"

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by djwarden
    Before everyone says dont go, its only to take my mates to pick up their new motors, a skyline and a supra and while up there i thought id take a look at their stock of leggys. So many of you have previously said its a bad idea but if anyone has had a good experience with them id appreciate hearing it too. One of my mates bought a GTO from them previously and he loved it and it was a tidy car so ill just go have a nose for now
    i went there other weekend , plenty of cars but staff just sat around
    not a hi or anything had to ask for keys and thats all conversation i got !!
    let us know what you think as its not to far from me !
    Ian

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I think 'Don't go' is a bit strong.

I would personally go, but treat it as a private sale.

I have heard of people getting good cars for good money, but I have heard of plenty more who have hated the service!

Last Online
    04-08-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

got my legnum from there few minor niggles but is a very clean car runs lovely now but as above give any potential buys a proper check

Name
    Gareth
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

Im afraid my experience wasnt too good. I saw a '99 galant vr4 on there website so called about it. Bloke was very keen to get me to come up, but didnt give the impression that he knew too much about the car. When i got there(some 200 mile drive), the car was rough, i wasnt allowed a test drive although he had previously said that it wouldnt be a problem. The car had also gained £1000 in price when i got there. When trying to talk to the bloke about it, he wasnt at all interested and so just put me right off it.

They obviously have a huge thing going up there due to the sheer volume of cars that they keep in stock. But in my opinion (and yes it is only limited to the 1 experience) the cars were mostly of the 'abused' variety. I may have just gone on a bad day, but thats my 2p's worth.

Ended up getting my car from Matt at Nippon in Derby, and i got a cracking car at a very decent price.

Name
    Michael
    Last Online
    18-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo Wagon

I have not been to see them myself but have only heard (numerous) bad stories about them and their motors. For a kick off they are getting cars through DVLA that shouldn't be on the roads. Personally I would steer well clear.
    Possibly the only former owner of Black Legnum VR4 with Manual shift & Moonroof who now owns a Hamilton Silver Galant.

Last Online
    11-08-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vauxhall astra

Thanx for the advice guys went up today and saw a tidy one but they obviously werent that keen to sell cos they wouldnt let me take a test drive even tho i have insurance to cover it! Oh well theres a few import centres near me that can get hold of cars when i want one

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

need i say more !
    when i went i got the (i only work here and don't give a toss !)impression !!!
    i only live 25 miles away so to drive 200 i would be in HMP for a bit ov gbh or more !!
    ian

Last Online
    11-08-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    vauxhall astra

Well I had to bite my tongue on more than one occassion and i dont really think the mods will let me say how i feel cos cussing is baaaad!

Last Online
    04-08-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4

it was a 250 mile round trip for me on the plus side of them not being too bothered was they didnt go over the delica i part exed for the legnum heh

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by ingocaius
    it was a 250 mile round trip for me on the plus side of them not being too bothered was they didnt go over the delica i part exed for the legnum heh
    Unfortunately they probably wouldn't do anything with it either before they sell it to some unsuspecting meber of the public....just like the rest of their cars by the sounds of it.....
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    06-02-2011
    Country
    England
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4,

I haven't been there myself, but I've not really heard anything too good about the place from people who've dealt (or tried to deal) with them. I mean not letting you take a car for a test drive? What the hell is that all about?! However, they're obviously doing business as they're still around and people are still complaining about them!

Name
    Scott
    Last Online
    01-05-2023
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    XF V8 & Shogun

My first vr4 was the best vr4 Id ever driven.

It was from K, but as above, treat as a private sale.

Some lucky ones.

Last Online
    04-09-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    LEGNUM VR4

Have heard some bad stuff from a few people who have been looking at japanese stuff,Think its a "no" myself like.

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

if anyone in the know going for a look round there is a red manuel one there ,can they have a snoop round it and let me no !
    ian

Last Online
    04-03-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant Vr4

The majority of the cars imported by keighley trade centre and there other trading names are grade 3 imports. Most cars have some damage to them, even though the pictures they put on there website make them appear mint. I only live 15mins away and have been there numerous times hoping to find a bargain that everyone talks about. Every time i've been disappointed. If you have serious money to spend then there indoor showroom houses there better cars. But as mentioned before the people who work there aren't very friendly. They also like to list fresh import on all there adverts, which quite often isn't true. Plenty of the cars are rough imports which have been in the country for a while, and have usually been hammered.

Name
    shaun
    Last Online
    31-07-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    'charged Mx5

I phoned about a leggy and they sounded OK on the phone , but got there and what a bunch of ***** , and they bumped up the price around £1000 , couldnt be doing with that so walked off.

Last Online
    14-07-2008
    Country
    Other
    Car
    legnum

bought my legnum from there.....it was perfect....a very good condition 1.....although not all there cars are as good for adding a grand on?...i dont know about that....the prices on the cars themselves ARE different from whatsadvertised...some of em anyway but wateva's on the ad is final....or he LEAST.....just depends....u can only tell from the actual car....not the pics to see how good it really is.........mines been written off from the back now.....wonder if theyl take it in p/x for another 1?.......the actual geezer who owns the place is ok......cant say much for his cleaning staff tho...n thats all they are.....cleaning staff for the cars....lol.

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    25-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi B5 RS4

I looked at Legnums there, but didn't buy. The staff were very stand-offish, but gave me the keys and let me have a good look round without hassling me- one man's "helpful" is another man's "pushy"! In the end, I decided the cars weren't the one for me, but I can't say the one I did buy was any better value, it just seemed less messed with.

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

This is an old thread ! ... i ended up with red manual a few probs but all sorted now .
    ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast