Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    25-11-2016
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi B5 RS4

I know it's old but it's still relevant. It was the word "keighley" that caught my eye, as I live in Settle- just up the road from Accy!

Last Online
    26-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    GALANT VR4 96

I just bought a Galant VR4 from there and its not bad. I agree about the staff there, they dont really take much notice of you. I have got a problem with the drivers side front wheel bearing. I called and the garage are sending me a cheque in the post to cover it. There is another unusual noise when turning left as well. It sounds like a wheel screeching but i wasn't going that quick? ( Becasue of the bearings) . So all in all, not bad but not sure if i would bother going to them again.

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Hi and welcome to the club. The other noise may be a bottom balljoint or the tyre catching a loose wheel arch guard and congratulations on the purchase

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Yeah, say hello in a new thread, and everyone will be welcoming you and demanding pictures in short order!
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Last Online
    26-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    GALANT VR4 96

I will say hello in another then
    Well i had a bit of a lucky escape this morning! No Brakes! Luckily you have to press the brake to remove the car from park. I then proceeded at an alarming rate backwards towards my other half's car. I manage to snatch the handbrake up in time when i realised. The AA have recovered it to Ralliart Mitsubishi in Colchester and apparently the master cylinder has gone. The garage have said that they will pay for this thank god. I could do without the 500 nugget bill .
    They did want me to get it transported back to the garage and the for me to pick it up when it was ready. I managed to worm my way out of that one though. 10-14 working days for a master cylinder from Mitsubishi. Keighley reckon that he can get one sent to me before that, but i will wait to find out tomorrow on that one! Im so gutted it might not be ready for my week off next week, i was looking forward to a back road blast round Thetford forest. Oh well, life is such....

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Brettney - Hang fire. Has your car had the stability recall done? Is it a Tiptronic?

Reason I ask is the symptoms are exactly the same as you have described and a new master cylinder is only part of the cure.

If you're unsure, check your rear windscreen - There may be some 'G' stickers, with a number in them - Post them if you have them and we can confirm.

Alternatively, PM me your chassis number and I can check on Mitsubishi's Japan recall page.

Last Online
    26-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    GALANT VR4 96

Yes i do have g stickers! Damn i pulled one off as i didnt think they were important? Dont know about the recall and yes its tiptronic.

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by brettney19
    Yes i do have g stickers! Damn i pulled one off as i didnt think they were important? Dont know about the recall and yes its tiptronic.
    Send me a private message with your chassis number - That's all I need to check it out - Or you can do it yourself if you follow the instructions here:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5201

Last Online
    26-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    GALANT VR4 96

Im not getting much from that site? I must be doing it wrong ....

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by brettney19
    Im not getting much from that site? I must be doing it wrong ....
    I've repled to your PM - For anyone else pondering Brettney's problems, all recall work appears to have been done in Japan, so the ASC recall's now ruled out.

Last Online
    26-04-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    GALANT VR4 96

Thumbs up

Thanks very much for looking into that for me. I didn't think to look into any of that. Lets hope the dealer can find me a cylinder as i dont fancy waiting 2 weeks for a part without any wheels. I suppose i was lucky as the car had to go in and get a drivers side front wheel bearing done anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12