Simon
    Last Online
    07-08-2012
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    '96 black legnu

Datalogger

i have just found this on ebay and was wondering if anyone has used this particular software and cable?
    if so can you give me a run down on it please, is it a worth while thing to buy or not?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-300...QQcmdZViewItem

thanks in advance.

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    31-03-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2021 Mazda CX30

Haven't used this cable or software, but if you want to save lots of dosh, get yourself a VAG-KKL compatible cable like this and either Mitsulogger (freeware) or Evoscan (25 US$) rather than forking out 80 quid!

Full thread on datalogging here, with links to all the software and how to get the cable working (you need to ground one of the pins in the obd socket).

The Hand Held Halo software should work with the VR-4 as they claim it works with the FTO and they both use the same protocol.

aDe

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    07-08-2012
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    '96 black legnu

Aderc, thanks for the info, i will look into the evoscan etc. i have seen the evoscan info before and was just wondering if anyone used this one that's on ebay and try and possibly compare the 2.

again thanks for the info and i will start doing some home work.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

I will have a chat with Neil who runs Hand Held Halo and get his thoughts on our cars! Have met him a few times through GTO ownership etc.

Mike
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Okay, Neil has just replied to my question, see his response below. I am gonna set up a meeting with Neil and give it a go. Some pretty cool interface software which ive seen in action.

Hi Mike,
    Good to hear from you again m8y!

Sorry to hear you've sold the GTO but I know you've been wanting to get rid for a while. Will you stay active on the forum or will you begin to embrace the world of the Legnum?

OK, to answer your question...yes our Hybrid OBDII Kit should work on the Import Mitsubishi Legnum. I'm not terribly familiar with the Legnum but I believe they are a high performance imported estate based on the 1996 Galant....although I'm sure you can probably clarify that for me. As we have supplied Hybrid Kits to 94-99 Galant, Libero GT & EVO owners in addition to 3000GT/GTO/VR4 I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the Legnum. That said, if you'd like to try a kit to check...just let me know and we could organise something? Alternatively if a VR4 member would like to try a kit they can buy online and in the unlikely event it didn't connect I would provide a full refund inclusive of return postage!
    For me to be able to offer the latter can you please ask your members to contact me directly on neil@handheldhalo.com prior to purchase.

Take Care,
    Neil

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I can't say whether it would work or not, but trying one at no risk is a win-win situation for everyone, IMO.

Not for me - I already have the Evoscan and appropriate cable.

Name
    Simon
    Last Online
    07-08-2012
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    '96 black legnu

miller, thanks for speaking to the man about this for me. as nick said it sounds like a win-win, as if it doesnt work i get my money back.
    i will have to sweet talk the mrs at the moment as i have just paid out for a new airfilter and wheels and she is going mad just before christmas.

i will speak to neil when i have 5 and see what he says about this anyway.

thanks again.

Name
    Rees
    Last Online
    03-02-2023
    Country
    England
    Car
    Honda Civic

im on about gettin one ive been on about these for ages i like the idea of having a real time diagnostic constantly running

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Just to give you a preview of the interface in action, set up on a 3000GT VR4 plus a quick vid at the end! if i ever get round to an in car pc iwant one!!!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rent=modes.flv