04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Difficult to comment on performance alone, as usual it was installed alongside other upgrades.

The fit and finish of the Pro-Shop IIda pipes is excellent. No modifications needed. They do however sit lower than standard downpipes - simply because it's not possible to get a larger diameter equal length pipe to bend tight enough.

The change in exhaust note is interesting. Smoother and less coarse at low revs, but at top end it sounds a little too anodyne for my tastes - Less of a roar and more of a thrum, if you will.

As usual, RHDJapan were on the ball and I cannot fault their service!

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Got mine a couple of weeks ago, but haven't been able to install it yet due to busy schedule and limited access to a carlift. I suspect I will have some difficulties fitting it as my G is a converted (a VR2 so to speak), although the previous ownwer did do a complete custom 2.75 or 3" (not sure, haven't measured it yet) dual exhaust so if I'm lucky he kept the downpipe original and modified the rest.

As Kieran says, the looks, feel & quality from PS Iida downpipe are top notch.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Added it to my shopping list. So far I have nearly £400 lined up in the basket, just got to sort out somewhere to do the fitting.

K did you fit yours yourself? If so was it an easy job or do I need a lift?
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Last Online
    23-11-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4 coming soon

My new downpipes were £250 fitted from RC Development in Warrington. Good price, and good quality.

Tim

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

I fitted mine - Easy enough. The pipes are supplied with gaskets, so no worries there. Soak the existing turbo outlet bolts with plenty of releasing lubricant (I used Plusgas as WD40 wasn't helping!) and then crack them off - two per turbo. Remove the 02 sensor (you'll need an 02 wrench for this - it's a deep throat socket with a section missing to allow for the wire), unbolt the cat and off you go.

To refit the pipes is easy enough - However if you have any under-brace (like a cusco item) - you'll need to remove that. There's not enough clearance. Also, one of the rear turbo nuts is a pain in the backside to get at when you reassemble. Fortunately, the torque setting is quite low, so if you haven't got a flexible socket driver, you can nip the other nut to torque easily, measure the resistance with a spanner and then tighten the tricky nut.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Kieran,

I think i'm definitely sold on it now. I'll try and find an 02 socket but I'm also interested in replacing the sensor for a wideband one as mentioned in the controller thread.

Cheers
    Lee

Name
    Richard
    Last Online
    29-07-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2000 vr4 legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    I fitted mine - Easy enough. The pipes are supplied with gaskets, so no worries there. Soak the existing turbo outlet bolts with plenty of releasing lubricant (I used Plusgas as WD40 wasn't helping!) and then crack them off - two per turbo. Remove the 02 sensor (you'll need an 02 wrench for this - it's a deep throat socket with a section missing to allow for the wire), unbolt the cat and off you go.

To refit the pipes is easy enough - However if you have any under-brace (like a cusco item) - you'll need to remove that. There's not enough clearance. Also, one of the rear turbo nuts is a pain in the backside to get at when you reassemble. Fortunately, the torque setting is quite low, so if you haven't got a flexible socket driver, you can nip the other nut to torque easily, measure the resistance with a spanner and then tighten the tricky nut.
    (you'll need an 02 wrench for this - it's a deep throat socket with a section missing to allow for the wire) Not needed a spanner works just as well.

You can remove the rubber bung that takes the wire into the car pull and wriggle gently then the plug will come out of the hole. Unplug and remove sensor when down pipes are on floor away from the car you will find this very easy.

Name
    Stuart
    Last Online
    18-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    nowt

I'm sure ben did mine with a normal brake type ring spanner???

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345