Last Online
    25-05-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    01 White Legnum

Suspension question

Ok,

The Teins are good, they are comfortable but I want to get heavyer springs to get a firmer ride and to track the car.

I have just spoken to Tein UK, and they can supply me some replacement springs.

ATM the spring ratings are as follows:

Front: 5KG per mm
    Rear: 3KG per mm

I can get anything I want... but the chap recons the following are a best.

Front: 7kg per mm
    Rear: 5kg per mm

I have no idea what that all means, can any of you briliant people tell me if this is gonna make the ride a little bit harder/much harder/stupidly hard.

Cost is £50 + VAT per pair.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead."

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

So, your saying we can get anything we want?

hmmm.. wish I hadn't painted over my springs on the tanabe.. doh.. as now i would like to have know what they are... cos that's the stiffness (heheh.. he said stiffness) I need, or should I say have become accustomed to.
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

I can't say from experience, but from understanding what others are and have been quoting, that will be a little stiffer. I would say got for something like 10 at the front and 6-7 at the rear for a firm ride. Stupid hard will be more like 15 front, 10 rear.

Again, this is not from experience!

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

does anyone have any stupidly hard springs on their car? if so what are they? what happens if you push down on wheel arch? if I push down (hard) on the wheel arch there's no movement at all - if that's any indication ?

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter
    The Teins are good, they are comfortable but I want to get heavyer springs to get a firmer ride and to track the car.
    So you would not be happy tracking the car with the current setup?

By the way, I know I need to get back to you about that ARB. Need to have a chat with the management ... What is wrong with yours? Sure it's not just the bushes that need replacing??
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition

Name
    Neil
    Last Online
    12-01-2013
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 2.5l
    My Garage
    Visit

I have a V6 with VR4 struts all round PI lowered at the front and VR4 springs at the back – she is well ridged but not too lowered (you can just about get a small trolley jack under the jack points) – I have a bit of travel at the front but I think this is more tyre travel than suspension (rock hard). Unfortunately the down side is speed ramps are a major problem for me – I have only just replaced the front Bling Neon and I fear I need more. Lift off understeer has dramatically improved so has handling just don’t drive near a sleeping policeman.

Sorry I know this doesn’t help you VR4 chaps but I hope this helps V6 owners.

Disclaimer
    I do not recommend driving over policemen but I am sure its good fun – especially if they are in the traffic division.

Slim
    OOOHHH Yeaaarrr Baby!!!!

I have 2 (but only 1 and a half works)

Warning May contain NUT!!