Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Thumbs up Long Lost Friend - CVR4 Finder Service

Amazing how the internet can help you find people. The other day I got a text message asking if I still had the car for sale. For some reason I sent an extended response to say no and I want another one. I got a reply 'Why do you want another one I was going to see if you'd trade for a Skoda.' so I assumed someone had a sense of humor. I responsed saying how nothing can match the VR-4 for the money and I got a response ,'What about a Lada?'. Chuckling to myself as I responded I advised I preferred Heidi's SAAB. The response I got made me realise this was someone I knew from at least a couple of years ago and I asked the question 'Do we know each other?'......'Yes, what you up to now?'

Well I decided to phone the number and guess from the voice who it was but I couldn't and they refused to tell me their name so I asked for a clue. I got it immediately and relaised it was my best friend from about 10 years ago! We had a stupid falling out back then and never really spoke. I had tried to get him to come to my wedding but never managed to reach him.

Apparently he found some old contact details and checked on the net only to find my advert for the car! So I have lot to thank CVR4 for as hopefully we can stay in touch this time despite me moving overseas.

Made my day, in fact my week which has been otherwise complete crap!
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

awwwwwww thats really nice to hear! hurrah for google!
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

Nice one.

It really is a small world out there.
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

Simon Bates springs to mind ! (what was your tune? ) only for old gits
    ian

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

LOL @ Ian it would have been something from The Prodigy I think, we were ravers!