Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Failed Mod - SAAB 9000 Aero Seats

Well I made an attempt at fitting the seats from my Aero into the new car today . It was promising at first as the rails are perfect and need nothing more than some minor adapters to exend them to the fixings.

The problem is the top wings are very broad above your shoulders and they hit the B-Pillar as they tilt back and forth. You can see below how big they are

They are about as comfortable as you can get and combined with the fact both are electric with 3 position memory and heated makes them unbeatable.

Such a shame but at least I tried. At least I don't have a problem selling the old car without front seats now

Lee
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

heh, they are hooooge! look like arm chairs
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

They're bigger and comfier than an armchair! These things are so sought after the interior would sell for minimum £200 on it's own.

Name
    DeK
    Last Online
    03-01-2020
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    6Gee n VW4mo

Everyone, esp those who own/ed 9000s describe the seats like armchairs and as being one of the most comfy seats in a car...

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I'm keeping my eye open for some standard leather ones as they are just as good and sometimes have the electrics too

Name
    stuart
    Last Online
    13-05-2014
    Country
    England
    Car
    530d touring

in my old transit crew van, I put in a second row of 3 seats and used Saab 900 seats, they were pretty comfy (never quite had time to work out how to wire up the heated bit)

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

As long as you have the switchs it's easy to wire them up, they have a built in thermistor to regulate the temperature.