Thread: inner cv joint

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

inner cv joint

it seems my £700 rebuilt gearbox is rearing is ugly head again. drove the car home from town the other day, about to pull into the village i live in. and i hear a Clonk Clonk Clonk, followed by some grinding noises.
    limped the car into work(took an hour and half to do the 10 miles drive to work 25mph all the way) noise is that bad.
    i know there not cheap, but how much are they. i find it funny that the gearbox is done, it comes back with a siliconed up cv boot up on one side, the drive shaft snaps internally, and now the cv joint on the left side has gone, teh car has even done like 2000 miles since it was mot`d last month
    lol
    so how much is it going to cost me to fix?

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Not a V6 joint, but to give you a 'maximum' value, a full inner CV repair joint (including clips, boot, grease, spider joint and casing) was about £200 from Mitsutwitty. I doubt a V6 one will be that much and also, as your car's a UK-spec, you may be able to get a part factor to source an inner CV kit more cheaply.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

it will be added onto what im claiming back of the gearbox company
    will have to ring them tomorow, mitsubishi garage near me is superb

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

Name
    Adrian
    Last Online
    24-12-2022
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    02 16v Classic

[quote=pitslayer](took an hour and half to do the 10 miles drive to work 25mph all the way) quote]

Sorry dude, can't help with your problem.... but where did the other 27.5 miles go?

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    19-08-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    F/L Manual legn

[QUOTE=g6acb]
    Quote Originally Posted by pitslayer
    (took an hour and half to do the 10 miles drive to work 25mph all the way) quote]

Sorry dude, can't help with your problem.... but where did the other 27.5 miles go?
    sheep feild ?

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

i made several stops on the way to check the obvious, like wheel wasnt falling off, the brake caliper was attached, nothing else was falling off etc

cheers for the link mr barham, i was on that site earlier but i was looking for just inner cv joint, didnt think to have a look for driveshafts lol

need to get it sorted asap, im driving the toledo of doom at the moment, only been driving it since wensday and im getting a bit tired of having to spray start ya b@$t@rD in the inlet everytime i need to start it up....had a blocked oil breather before it came of the road last year, and has since gunged up the inlet and wont start without it lol, hopefully have a look at it tomorow

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

unfortunately it will cost about what Kieran said. Been through replacing both shafts recently and complete ones go up to about £450 each. Yes this is for V6 not VR4. Tried the place PSB mentioned but they didn't have any for the galant. I think it was also them that offered a rebuild sevice but at the time didn't have time to wait!! It all stsrted when I ordered a replacement boot set from mitsi which were crap, lost my rag and bought two new shafts as I was off to the ring