David
    Last Online
    06-02-2024
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Mitsubishi Magn

Racing Performance Works Dump Pipe Kits

For those interested, RPW has started production of our dump pipe kits for the Mitsubishi Galant.

We expect our first stocks to be available sometime Febuary from manafacturing. These will be manafactured in stainless steel piping, and utilise 2 1/4" pipes off each turbo into a 2 3/4" outlet and flex pipe.

These are being made to bolt up to the factory system, with gaskets supplied although we would recomend a larger exhaust for maximun gains.

RPW has been suppling performance products and manafacturing our own products for many years, some who know FTO owners, would know that we have been supplying products to the UK and other areas for years now.

The main thing, is that because we are mass manafacturing these the price of these units (Minus shipping and import taxes) will be around $350.00 AUD$ per unit which is far cheaper than the japanese products.

We have an agent in the UK area, Eurospec 2000 who will more than likely be marketing these units as well.

For those interested, here is a link to our website on this product

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...roduct_id=1495

I don't have an exact photo on hand at this time as our test sample has been sent off to the manafacturer to be made. But the unit does look very similiar to the Pro Ida units in design (Lets face it theres only so many ways you can make someting fit this type of vehicle) although we will be fitting an extra flex pipe join in the front pipe to make fitment easier as well as allow for me movement in the exhaust.

We are quite excited about this new product, and look forward to releasing more products for this vehicle as we are able to. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

TD-05 manifolds

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Oooooh!!! Is all RPW equipment available through Eurospec?

Name
    David
    Last Online
    06-02-2024
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Mitsubishi Magn

TD05 manifolds, is something we are still planning on looking at, but hte dump pipe comes first.

Yes all of our products can be purchased through Eurospec if you wish. They are already using a number of our products on there own VR4 Galants

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsiman
    They are already using a number of our products on there own VR4 Galants
    I see! That explains a lot! I presume we can still purchase direct too?

Now then.... You want something to sell in the UK?

Develop a TD04 (in preferance to TD05) conversion kit, or work out if anything can be done with the TD03s - there's quite a few on here who want better hairdryers than the standard ones!

Also - I presume you've heard of PROS Engineering (as opposed to Pro-Shop IIda)? Some of their ally intake pipework would be nice too....

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

The anticipation! TD04s would put the VR-4 firmly into RS4 territory, without killing the gearbox / AYC / etc. Oh man please please please!

Name
    Kenneth
    Last Online
    12-01-2024
    Membership ID
    NZ002
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Kia Sorento :P
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    ...or work out if anything can be done with the TD03s
    To be honest, I wouldn't bother with this step. There have been a few members who have looked into this already. Most were told it wasn't worth it.

Those that went ahead anyway got the turbine clipped and the compressor enlarged... And promptly had the nut securing the compressor wheel come loose, damaging the compressor wheel and housing.

Might as well just go straight to TD04s

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

yep that happened to me.

TD04's, TD05's or GT2554R's are the only worthwhile turbos developing manifolds for.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Ohhh....GT25s...I have a couple of them in the garage somewhere.......Possibly a touch small, for all that work, though. Hmm..

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran
    Oooooh!!! Is all RPW equipment available through Eurospec?
    sounds interesting and a good price,
    385.00 AUD = 165.458 GBP
    Australia Dollars United Kingdom Pounds
    1 AUD = 0.429762 GBP 1 GBP = 2.32687 AUD
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    David
    Last Online
    06-02-2024
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Mitsubishi Magn

Manifolds are definitly something we are considering, a Garret GT25 ball bearing turbo package would be ideal for these engines I beleive, response of a TD03 with the top end performance of a TD05. Best of both worlds.

We are trying to develop a lot of products for a lot of cars at this moment, but this will be one of our priorities next year for sure.

Will discus this point particuarly on the forums for sure later.

Meanwhile, if we can focus on the down pipe kits for this discussion. Some new updates on them

We are altering the design with the addition of a front flex pipe join in the front pipe for additional flex movement and ease of fitting .We are also making the outlet size on the system a 3" outlet. WE looked at this hard and realised that the majority of owners will be modifying three exhaust. Even though this will hook up to the factory cat converter, any person modifying the car should be doing there exhaust first anyway.

Also we will be fitting a Haltech Interceptor package to a car in perth, and doing a tune and adjustment on the eletronic boost control so that if people grab a interceptor unit at the same time, it will come with a generic improved tune (Very mild tune only) but more importantly, an adjsuted boost control setting to stop the engine from hititng the fuel cut / boost cut.

We are making 30 units straight up and they should be completed by the end of January. Once they come back we will take accurate photos for everyone, and publish some dyno results.

Name
    Paul Clark
    Last Online
    08-12-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    C63 AMG 4.0TT

Is it $350 for stainless steel down pipes as the website says mildsteel, just thought i would check to confim price as i may be interested.
    Last edited by Paul C; 20-12-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Name
    David
    Last Online
    06-02-2024
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Mitsubishi Magn

Website is being updated, we changed our design. We were origonally going to use mild steel, but have changed it to stainless steel as our new manafactuer can do it cheaper that way due to the mass production method we are using.

Name
    Stuart
    Last Online
    18-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    nowt

Will they clear the Cusco lower brace
    Mainly because lots have them fittes may want to keep them fitted

Name
    David
    Last Online
    06-02-2024
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Mitsubishi Magn

I don't know if it would clear a cusco lower brace. I hope it will but I won't be releasing a special design if it doesn't unless I had a car in perth which had one and I modelled off it.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I take it you could send to Germany as well? If not I may have to spend the money and go to Eurospec back int he UK at which point I could get them fitted properly and get an ATF and engine fluid change to Amsoil
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

The picture on the RPW website is a PS-IIda picture (see: http://www.ps-iida.co.jp/galant/img/04.jpg).

Furthermore, in the text on the RPW site it says there are two flex-pieces, the PS-IIda has 'only' one. However... 385 NZ dollar... I'll start crying if the end result is just as good as the PS-IIda I have bought for over 700 EURO (including shipping and taxes)!!

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

OMG! Just got a call from the workshop: downpipe is not gonna fit... I'm gonna go over there and see for myself how bad this bad thing is... Must have got something to do with the different subframe or something.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Hope it works out for you, if not....how far are you from Venlo?

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    09-12-2022
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR2,VR4+Mazda6

Hahaha, nice try Beastlee

Well, it won't fit witout major adjustmensts because the subframe is different to real VR4's. The orginal downpipe was just able to fit (with a tiny bit of nibling to the subframe, sssshhhh don't tell anyone), but this beautiful piece of PS-IIda art is just 3cm (just over an inch) too big on the first (shortest) bend.

Besides that the layout of the 'tunnel' (?) is different too so I'll need to chop the downpipe up and make some not-to-exiting modifications. End of this year I'll be living in my new house (in Gouda, that's 175km from Venlo Beastlee), with a large garage attached, so then I'll get this baby finally mounted!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast