Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Custom TD03s - maybe the answer?

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Nope. But give me a fistful of money, and I'll try it for ya

If in doubt, there is nothing to stop you going for TD04s (proven solution) and upgarding to the VF series later: the mounts are the same.

However, if you're contemplating getting manifolds made, I'd go for Garrett flanges and have done with it. Even if you just start out with a pair of T25s (I have 4 of these knocking about) which will just replace the existing TD03s, you can upgrade to something meatier later very easily.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve

If in doubt, there is nothing to stop you going for TD04s (proven solution) and upgarding to the VF series later: the mounts are the same.

However, if you're contemplating getting manifolds made, I'd go for Garrett flanges and have done with it. Even if you just start out with a pair of T25s (I have 4 of these knocking about) which will just replace the existing TD03s, you can upgrade to something meatier later very easily.
    I wasnt lookin at custom manifolds unless i can get a set of N/A extractors and then modifying them ones, i was just gonna use adaptor plates instead....i wanna do somehtign different and the VF series sound like the goods just have to see one so i know how much bigger they are to the standard ones, i know madhavs kkr's needed modified engine mount and few other lil mods to fit his in so if these ones are bout the same size as his ill need to do the same mods obviously......t25's..............hmmmmm.........j ust dont know yet

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Afist full of moneys??? Oh i dont like the sound of that surely it shouldnt cost that much more than fitting td04's

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Chances are the compressor housing is going to be bigger, so they're more likely to foul stuff.

And if you're keeping the stock manifolds, I think there is other stuff that needs "adjusting" - you'll need to have a search for posts by "valmes" who has done this.

I don't think there is an "easy" solution to getting bigger turbos on, but keeping the manifolds, drilling a hole in the mount of a TD04 or VF series subaru turbo, knocking up some custom downpipes and then moving everything out of the way..like the radiator and the firewall, possibly.

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    14-11-2010
    Country
    Australia
    Car
    Vr4 Legnum

Chances are the compressor housing is going to be bigger, so they're more likely to foul stuff.

And if you're keeping the stock manifolds, I think there is other stuff that needs "adjusting" - you'll need to have a search for posts by "valmes" who has done this.

I don't think there is an "easy" solution to getting bigger turbos on, but keeping the manifolds, drilling a hole in the mount of a TD04 or VF series subaru turbo, knocking up some custom downpipes and then moving everything out of the way..like the radiator and the firewall, possibly.
    Sounds expensive hearing it like that well i just got word of a legnum being wrecked locally so gonna get the turbos to replace my busted rear one and manifolds if possible and save the upgrade for when i actually have money...but its still in the back of my mind these upgrades see how much this guy wrecking this car wants i guess

Name
    Anders
    Last Online
    23-10-2020
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR4-19T&Legnum

Found this while searching for turbos
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbocharger-Mit...item4157d4c283
    However I din't find more info about these TD03L-8T but the ad says It can replace and upgrade TD03L-7T turbo without any modification

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Interesting option, hard to know how much it would acheive though./
    If I'm replying to your thread and helping you out, it is because I like you and want to help out your VR-4 ownership. No other reason

Name
    Anders
    Last Online
    23-10-2020
    Country
    Other
    Car
    VR4-19T&Legnum

Indeed, would be nice to get some specs for those

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678