M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Angry Attempted break in (my house)

You know I went away for about a week just before Christmas to Germany, well.

On returning although not really noticing much about it at the time, the front door seemed to be catching slightly, nothing really out of the ordinary since the doors and windows (PVCu) are around 15+ years old so if the door was to have a sudden wee drop it could be just accepted.

But for some unknown reason the back door started playing up, and one of the wee cogs inside the lock had sheard.. no problem as my dad fitted the doors and windows originally and had a couple of locks hanging around in the shed.
    As the he sorted the back door out, he had a look at the front door too... hmm what are these marks?? yep! some pikey f**kwit had tried to jammy the door!
    Although the door is an old type, it can certainly take some stick, and being the age it is it's also reinforced heavily with steel which is slightly thicker than what's used now.

Dunno how determined they were but the damage is not very noticeable but if you knew it had been tried you would see it straight away.

I don't understand how effing stupid these people are nowadays! You can quite easily see a FLASHING burglar alarm up on the wall and not to mention the security light looking up and down the drive and the PIR controlled one next to the door. :rolleyes5 talk about making it difficult for yourself.

My area is getting worse and worse for crap like this, espescially mindless vandalism, only a couple of weeks back 3 kids from the age of 7 to 10 threw a spanner through a 70+ year olds neighbours car rear screen, when it came back from being repaired they were at it again! the guy is in out of hospital for fff sake!

My Sierra has been off the road for a few weeks now because it needs sorting out or replacing, and it was parked on my drive for no more than a couple of days and some pikey kid knocked the door asking what I was gonna do with it!!! for efff sake these skanky ****es miss nothing do they!?!?!

Spain is calling me more and more!

Sorry for the rant but...... damn it felt good.

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Just glad the f**kers didn't get in mate - time to get one of them security cameras I reckon so you can hook it up to a video and tape things when you are out - well even when you go to bed - hate the little sh1ts !

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Funny you should say that, I've got the Argos catalogue next to me here.

I've got a fair few items I'd like to keep to myself rather than some scabby little pikey **** taking them for themselves.

I've also got some pets here too, you know how sick some people are.. I'd be devastated if anything happened to them!!

There is usually someone here but who ever did it, were watching us and knew there was no one around.. apart from my sister popping over a couple of times to feed the animals.

Makes you sick, as you always think it'll never happen to you.. just shows that theory is crap.
    Probably sounds like I'm going over the top as they didn't even succeed, but it's the idea they tried that has really got to me.

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    02-09-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant VR4 Legn

Sorry to hear this Mark
    Your right guys it is getting worse in the UK
    Kids just roam about seeing what they can vandalise or causing trouble
    Nick

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

The idea of moving away is becoming more of a reality that's for sure.

Last Online
    11-01-2008
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    Legnum VR4 1998

Glad the tw@*s didn't get in, but I bet you'd love to tear them a new ass though!!

I decided to get cameras and a security light after the 'paint thinner mishap' with my Legnum last year (by the way, I received £40 compensation but forked out £300 excess for the insurance and was without the car for a month while it was fixed, what a joke :rolleyes5 ???!!!)

A couple up the road from me have just sold their house and are moving to Spain (don't bloody blame them)

Anyway... I'm still smiling, look :-D

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

£40 compensation? what a joke.
    What happened to the guy in the end?

We've got PIR lights all round and an alarm but what with people turning a blind eye nowadays it's hardly a deterrent, they use the lights so they can see where they are going and stand around thinking whether the giant screen TV is really worth taking while the alarm is blasting away to itself.

For what I'd do if I caught the person... they'd have to re introduce the death sentence here to punish me! :io: