Neil
    Last Online
    14-01-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2003 Saloon V6

Quote Originally Posted by HMG1K
    Quick question - what is this additional wire (see image below) meant for on phono cables...?

My amp install kit arrived today and am thrown by both sets of phono cables having this additional wire attached to the middle...

What am I to do with this 'third' wire..?!

I've bought the Toxic 420 pack.

Thanks!
    This wire is called the "drain" wire its meant to be for earthing the amp to reduce noise (if any), but most people use it as a remote wire.
    Galant 2.5 V6 24v Elegance 2003

Blistein B12 Suspension Kit, Short Shifter, VR4 Front Strut Bar, Rear Spoiler, Amsoil Oil & Filter, Wind Deflectors, Sound Deadened, Stainless Steel Door Sill, Black Diamond Rear Brakes Discs & Pads, Headlight HID Kit, ICPC & ICE, Custom Centre Console - 8" Touchscreen LCD
    & DVD slot loader.

Name
    Zaid
    Last Online
    10-04-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    BMW 530I Sport

Good news Philip

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Stereo install is complete (amp, sub, graphic, head unit, tweeters, speakers) - thank you for all your help along the way...!

I'm so happy! And I'm WOW'd by the Kenwood tweeters and their supplied crossovers... (mentioned earlier in this thread)...

Their clarity is awsum and a million times better than the stock fit tweeters! If you get a chance to get hold of KFC-HQT15ie, then you're on to a winner! They go for around £80 - but you can easily find them at the moment for £45!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

as I need to strip down my driver's door to sort out why I now have no sound at all I may well invest in some new speakers. I am more of a (Infinity) Kappa slapper fan so will get the equivalents.

Incidentally I found I have all of the cables in the box in the cellar here so I am hatching yet another plan. I reckon I may order all the bits I need at once and go on a strip the interior out craze one weekend.

Oh and
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Last Online
    27-12-2008
    Country
    Other
    Car
    Galant 99 - V6

Unfortunately my car have the steering on the left, in other words, i can use that route, but i have to increase the ammount of cable running from the battery
    1999 - Mitsubishi Galant - V6-24V - Enkei FN-18 Wheels - Offset +40 - 225/45 ZR - More coming soon....

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Just updating this thread - and for anyone looking to buy an amp.

I have fitted the other day a Pioneer PRS D-420 4-channel amp and am wow'd by the depth and clarity of my system now. I highly recommend it. I bought it to replace my old Kenwood amp that lost power on one channel.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...420/index.html

This Pioneer isn't cheap as it's from its high end range (£399 but I found a audio shop online that does it for £279) but this was my 'only' option as its dimentions fit nicely under the passenger seat without poking out or getting in the way of rear passenger's feet. It also compliments nicely the Pioneer TS-E1796 3-way speakers I put in all round earlier this year.

I've recently replaced my 10-disc autochanger for a 10-GB Kenwood MP3 hard drive auto changer which is great too - they're going for around £50 on eBay and were around £400 new 6 years ago.

So my full ICE set up now is:

Kenwood KRC 759R headunit
    Kenwood KGC 9044 11-Band Graphic Equaliser
    Kenwood KGD C710 10-GB Hard Disc MP3 auto-changer
    Kenwood KSC-SW10 active subwoofer
    Kenwood KFC-HQT15ie component tweeters
    Pioneer TS-E1796 3-way speakers (x4)
    Pioneer PRS D-420 amp

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Change some more of that Kenwood kit to pioneer and it will get better and better. I've used various Kenwood items, and lots of Pioneer, and price-per-price, Pioneer wins every single time, especially on a CD player.

Unfortunately, Pioneer (or anyone) don't do a decent HardDrive headunit or MusicKeg alternative.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234