Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you guys think of this one??

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

didnt gt no pm . just add me to msn if you have one. my msn is parvis200@hotmail.com

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    29-09-2015
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    v6 sport

Quote Originally Posted by HMG1K
    Looks liks a good car - I've noticed a few late reg galants coming on AutoTrader in the last week or so...

Following up from what Isaac says about engines - here's a bit about trim.

SPORT models (available in 2.0 and 2.5 V6-24V) weren't available with leather - cloth only.

I have an early sport V6 fitted with black leather. I've seen others so I assume it was fitted from new!
    Last edited by Kenneth; 21-01-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

[QUOTE=dave221]
    Looks liks a good car - I've noticed a few late reg galants coming on AutoTrader in the last week or so...

Following up from what Isaac says about engines - here's a bit about trim.

SPORT models (available in 2.0 and 2.5 V6-24V) weren't available with leather - cloth only. /QUOTE]

I have an early sport V6 fitted with black leather. I've seen others so I assume it was fitted from new!
    You're right - I stand corrected! These must be rarer than the ones with the twin front round fog lights... There's a V6 Sport estate on AutoTrader at the mo with leather too...

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

Kieran is wrong, don't listen to him (he's ginger you see)

The V6 manuals are by far the best option to go for, almost as economical as the 2.0, they sound superb and have plenty of power.

I've had over 35mpg from mine, and I have a 4wd jap spec wagon, which should use a lot more fuel than the 2wd uk galants! My car is about 200-250kg heavier!

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Kieran is wrong, don't listen to him (he's ginger you see)

The V6 manuals are by far the best option to go for, almost as economical as the 2.0, they sound superb and have plenty of power.

I've had over 35mpg from mine, and I have a 4wd jap spec wagon, which should use a lot more fuel than the 2wd uk galants! My car is about 200-250kg heavier!
    i was going to say, why are we listening to kieran? he is the only person on here who likes looking at a dirty car, infact he loves dirty cars, especially galants, and has a wierd garage door fetish, strange boy

the V6s are the best to go for, they really do sound excellent, lower them and you can chuck them around a bit aswell, and they will upset so many cars on the road, ive had over 35mpg out of mine, did about 800-900 miles on 2 tanks of fuel and a bit, newport to brugge-brugge to newport. and did we mention they make a fahoooking excellent sound,

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    Yeah, but to be fair Brad, your MPG figures are unusual - Hell, you can eek about 30mpg out a VR-4! You seriously must push it everywhere!!

The V6 is a good car, don't get me wrong. And the V6-24 (the ones that don't have VR-4 bumpers) are very good indeed. Quiet, comfortable and they often have electric beige moo-cow and wood. And of course they have climate control and headlamp washers. They're better than the Sports in my opinion.

But I still maintain that if you want a completely headache free ownership experience and that economy, reliability and servicing costs are a concern, the GLS is the one to have. It's cheaper, just as good to drive - Okay it's not a fast car but to condemn it on that alone is rather missing the point. And that 4 cylinder engine is smoother than a smooth thing's smooth bits.... It's so quiet at idle you'd think that there IS a 6 cylinder motor under the bonnet.

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

hmmm interesting.. Im so tempted to go for the v6 now. and looking at the bhp difference it is convincing.. the sport 2.0 is 131bhp and the v6 is 300bhp.. but the only thing it comes down to for me is the mpg on the v6.

Name
    John
    Last Online
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    FL Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

errr the v6 is around 161bhp not 300bhp , you may be getting confuddled with the vr4

Kanji Automotive Solutions - Looking after your Pride and Joy

Servicing - Upgrades - Tuning - Pre Used Parts - Undersealing - Advice - Consultancy
    PM or Call me for any work requests or to discuss your requirements
    Ebay Shop -> http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sun-wizzard...=p4634.c0.m322

To contact the CVR4 Staff please see HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter_John
    errr the v6 is around 161bhp not 300bhp , you may be getting confuddled with the vr4
    Yep - certainly are!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Aye! And for 300 bhp you are looking at 18mpg. Not quite the same as the 30 of the standard V6!

The VR4 has the same size engine as the V6, but it has a couple of turbochargers as well. That is the major difference in power and economy. If you are worried about running costs, then don't go for a VR4!

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

oh sorry my bad im mistaking the v6 for the vr4. yer i think i have made up my mind and im going to go for the sport 2.0 its not that much different to the v6 gls or any 2.5l. I would have gone for the VR4 but insurance is saying £6000 3rd party fire and theft. thank you guys for your help. i will keep you updated on which 2.0 sports i get if not this one.

Name
    Paul
    Last Online
    20-03-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2001 Galant 2lt

Hi,

I have got the 2.0 ltr sport model and it comes with lovely black leather interior!!

Are you sure the one in the picture is a SPORT model as it doesn't have the rear boot spoiler. I'm not too sure if this was standard on the sport.

I would say the asking price is too much - i got mine last year and it was around the 3.5k mark and that was for a 51 reg with 65k miles, FSH, etc.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...t2ltrSport.jpg

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by prodigymad
    Hi,

I have got the 2.0 ltr sport model and it comes with lovely black leather interior!!

Are you sure the one in the picture is a SPORT model as it doesn't have the rear boot spoiler. I'm not too sure if this was standard on the sport.

I would say the asking price is too much - i got mine last year and it was around the 3.5k mark and that was for a 51 reg with 65k miles, FSH, etc.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z...t2ltrSport.jpg
    Nice car!

Spoilers were options on all Galants - apart from the VR4s... The you could get the low spoiler as an option, or the 'sport' style, which was basically a VR4 type spoiler, without the central 3rd brake light...

You must have the ultra rare sports with leather!

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

reallyy... well the car is advertised as a sport version and the registration number corresponds with the details of the car when i run it though insurance so im worred now because It dnt have leather seats. The problem is that its so hard to find a good 2.0 sports version. are you selling yours by any chance and if not, is it possible to meet up somewhere so i can see your car if you live in london or are planing to visit london anytime soon....

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by siklid
    reallyy... well the car is advertised as a sport version and the registration number corresponds with the details of the car when i run it though insurance so im worred now because It dnt have leather seats. The problem is that its so hard to find a good 2.0 sports version. are you selling yours by any chance and if not, is it possible to meet up somewhere so i can see your car if you live in london or are planing to visit london anytime soon....
    Sounds like Prodigymad has a very rare and early shark-nosed front with leather as the Sport brouchre I have states cloth and has photos of cloth interiors...

#If you really are desperate for a Sport and leather but don't care on body style, there is exactly that selling on AutroTrader at the moment.. Search for galants... order your search from price high > low and it's on the first (possibly second page by the time you read this)... but it is an estate.

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

na, estates aint my cupa tea, i dont have a family yet im only 20...lol, I just want a sports 2.0 with leather seats. if wors comes to worse ill just try and get some from a scrap yard or somthing. or leather seat covers.

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by siklid
    na, estates aint my cupa tea, i dont have a family yet im only 20...lol, I just want a sports 2.0 with leather seats. if wors comes to worse ill just try and get some from a scrap yard or somthing. or leather seat covers.
    At 17, my first car was a 3rd generation 2.0 Galant Estate...

They were known at the time, in 1980 in the UK, as a Mitsubishi-Colt Sigma (before eventually becoming known as a Galant over here) - and what a fine car it was... Same car and colour as the one below - except the image is of a saloon.

Ah... memories!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

i would love to own that car..

Last Online
    17-04-2009
    Country
    England
    Car
    FTO,Galant GLS+V6spt

£450 for a clutch......jeez.. Can I do the next one for you?

I did my wifes 2.0 GLS in three hours and reconn clutch cost £55+Vat (Trade)! 35K Miles later still fine.

Name
    Ritch
    Last Online
    17-09-2015
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    '03 Colt 16v &

At 17, my first car was a 3rd generation 2.0 Galant Estate...

They were known at the time, in 1980 in the UK, as a Mitsubishi-Colt Sigma (before eventually becoming known as a Galant over here) - and what a fine car it was... Same car and colour as the one below - except the image is of a saloon.

Ah... memories!
    snap - except it was my mums, and red ah the memories!
    BMW E60 525i (3.0) M-Sport.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast