Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: what do you guys think of this one??

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Date and other plans dependant, I am always up for a CVR4 meet.

Not being so local, I can't guarantee anything, but I'll watch the thread! When you have a certain date and place, it would be worth starting a thread in the UK Events forum, as other people might notice it too.

Uneven wear can cause the issues that the tyre place has told you about. Make doesn't affect this. Try swapping your front tyres to the rear (and rear to front!) and see if this makes any difference. If the tyres are non-directional, try swapping left/right and see if it pulls the other way. If none of that changes anything, then I would say that the garage has done a poor job of aligning.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    30-12-2011
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mondeo TDCI

Quote Originally Posted by siklid
    loll yer but insurance on a vr6 is 6grand!! so ibuy a v6 and mod it lol. but i feel like **** now coz my freinds got a honda civic r type and its 200bhp and i have only got 151bhp according to www.parkers.com so i want more. but if its too expensive then ill go for minor mods to gt the bhp up a bit.

by the way i went to kwik fit today to allign my steering because it was going to the left and the guy did it for me but its still leaning to the left. he said it could be becuase of my tyers and there tred or somthing. iv got perreli tyers on it. can you guys shed some light on this please..

ps: Nick and pitslayer are you guys interested in this meet were trying to set up? i dont think pitslayer would be though knowing that he lives in wales lol but u could have a little adventure driving to london lol
    But you drive a galant and it doesn't make you look a chav unlike a civic. You start messing with turbos on a galant and it will make the insurance higher than a standard VR4.
    Mitsubishi? They made the planes that bombed Pearl Harbor! I ain't sellin' Hitler's canoe to no traitor! Hop on your sushi-boat and git!

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Cashed
    But you drive a galant and it doesn't make you look a chav unlike a civic. You start messing with turbos on a galant and it will make the insurance higher than a standard VR4.
    Good point - under the "have you altered or modified the car away from the manufacturer's standard specification" question you'll be asked or will have to alert your insurance company to, even mid-policy...

A lie on this question automatically rules your insurance invalid - and in the event of an accident, regardless of you being the innocent party or not.

The way round it, as others have said, is to have bought a VR4 in the first place and then aggressively shopped around for the cheapest quote.

When I almost got a VR4 I had quotes of £1,600 until I eventally found one for £500 fully comp. I know the price is dependent on how much of a risk the underwriter see you as, but it's far far cheaper than doing it the 'around the houses way', get your mods, and then find the insurance is back to where you started on a genuine VR4.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

modding the standard V6 is pointless.
    induction kit-useless
    decat-good, also saves you from like an 800 odd quid bill for a new cat
    ecu remap-wont work, will forget it after you turn it off.
    doesnt really leave you with alot afterwards does it. if you really want to mod it, it will cost you big bucks on insurance bills, and seriously not worth it. as for a trip to london, i currently have one galant with no gearbox in it, and my VR4 isnt mine yet

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

you guys all have good points. but I dont fink id tell my insurance anyway because i would never claim on it because i dont want to mess up my no clames. but i will take all your sugestions in to considaration. I got insured on this 2.5 for 1,900 fully comp! so i dont fink im gona get a VR4 insured for less then 3,000!! ok i will make a post on the meets section and see if anyone else is up for it.

Name
    Philip
    Last Online
    23-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    03 Galant V6

Quote Originally Posted by siklid
    you guys all have good points. but I dont fink id tell my insurance anyway because i would never claim on it because i dont want to mess up my no clames.
    In which case don't bother insuring your car and be one of the growing number of people who have flash cars, like Astons and top of the range Mercs, but can't afford to insure them!

Seriously though - you say you don't think you'd ever have to claim, that's exactly what the drivers in my last paragraph think, but in their case "I will never be caught"...

In the event of an accident - your fault or not - your insurance will be invalid.

It's not a case of YOU not claiming. If someone claims on YOUR insurance and your insurance is invalid, which it will be if you mod and not reveal this, then that person can sue you for personally for their loss, and loss of earnings, hospital bills (etc, depending how bad / big the claim is) by bringing a civil lawsuit against you... What if you're in a collision with a pedestrian...?

It's not worth it.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    30-12-2011
    Country
    England
    Car
    Mondeo TDCI

My insurance on a 2.5 was killer for the first year, being 21 at the time, first car I'd ever owned, no years no claims etc. The second year it dropped £500! Not saying what from or to, but it's fully comp and I can drive it for work related bits and bobs.

But I'd crap myself if I didn't insure it, it's just not worth the risk. A bit like going bankrupt, if you get caught with no insurance/invalid insurance it'll screw you over for a while to come. Not to mention losing your licence. You might have mates who get away with it, but is it worth it? If you want a cheap fast car with reasonable mpg, you shouldn't have bought a big, heavy (relatively) large engined car, that cost over £25k new.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

like said its seriously not worth it, insurance companys will **** you at any chance they can if they can find a way out of paying they will. and that means that you will have to foot the bill, which if they are doing that, then you are loosing your liscence as it will be down to undeclared modifications. your insurance will be voided, you will go to court, you will loose your liscence. the V6 is a powerfull car, dont underestimate it, ok its only 160bhp, but it will still do 140mph, it will still do 0-60 in 7.9 seconds, it will still upset a lot of other cars out there. seriously do not under estimate these cars, they can take your liscence of you.
    driving without valid insurance makes you the lowest of the low, its not worth trying to get away, saying to yourself "they will never check"....they will.
    and remember a fully paid up club member gets 20% discount with sky insurance

Last Online
    01-06-2008
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    mazda 323

yer you guys have ll got good point. never thought of it like that before.

Name
    Last Online
    Country
    Wales

a wise choice to take out proper insurance

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456