Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

OK Glenn, I got a couple of fantastic runs in today going to check the V6. The following was with Set 36, Gain 33, Start 9.0 which gives me no fuel cut at any time but barely reaches 12psi except for the odd peak(Car feels quick though). Ambient temp was 26deg and I still have the RPM offset switched off. Car was nice and warm from a similar run on the way there about 40mins before.

Start of run, I actually started in the slip road and there was a car alongside, already on the carriageway. Despite being in 4th I still got out safely in front of him.

3K RPM Gives the initial peak at 11.8/11.9psi. I'd like to get this upped to nearer 14psi but so far fuel cut is prevelant at 12psi +

At 4K you can see that the boost has crept up slightly to a steady 12psi.

This next one shows a strange situation. My foot was planted to the floor but you can see that the revs must have dropped slightly and the boost drops quicker. I meant to get Evoscan going with this run but forgot, I wonder if it would have shown anything useful.

5K and all is still OK, boost continues to peter off as expected.

Another sudden drop occurs in the boost a this point, however, it will climb back up as we reach 6K. You see the RPM curve is starting to level out.

6K and you can see there's a temporary lift in boost again.

At 6.5K boost is still holding pretty well but the acceleration is petering out. Normally I would have shifted already. Yo can see the shift to 5th coming up.

7K and it's time to shift, I felt a blip just after this that I thnk was an early rev limit.

Shifiting to 5th brings the boost back up a little and I kept my foot to the floor.

Finally I had to slow down, not before reaching my highest ever max speed. I should point out that this is not the straightest or smoothest of roads and whilst the car still feels very composed I don't like seeing AYC bars lighting at 145mph! There was still more to go but traffic always puts paid to it for me. I aim to break 150mph.

I put my foot down later in 5th and it spiked to 13.9 but settled to 11.7 again.

Sorry for the long post again, would be som much easier if I could just read the data from the card and plot a graph.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube video of the whole thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmEfKHw1VWE
    Last edited by Beastlee; 30-08-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Question

Here's a couple of pics for Brad, this is a 70-120km/h run you were asking about. It's about 4.9s as I see it although the Profec's speed reading isn't the most accurate. How does the figure rate given my mods? I'm still not sure how rapid the car really is.

Last Online
    19-09-2009
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    MR2

Hi there,
    iam watching the thread.thankx Beastlee for showing me.
    ia will run in those things in some months when my engine is ready :-)

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Where's Wodji? I made all this effort and he's buggered off.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    Where's Wodji? I made all this effort and he's buggered off.
    Sounds about right

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

I've just read through and looked at the pics and I think that that is pretty impressive Lee. What you need to do now is use the rpm offset to increase boost slowly through the 4 to 5 k rpm points then let rip at 5500+ rpm's.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Mark, I deliberately turned it back off for the run (as requested by Wodj) so we could see how the new figures worked. I'm up to 26/35/9.0 now and this gives me no issues.
    I really need to do another run with those figures in but I'm starting to wonder if my issue is fuelling/spark related. I know the plugs are approx 2 years old and have done about 15000 miles but were changed as part of the Mitsi Service. I don't want to really go changing them but I probably need to bite the bullet and get some recommended plugs.

What do you mean with regard to 'let rip at 5500+'? As in just tweak the 4 to 5k point and leave the rest or ramp it a little more after 5.5k?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

OK, LC-1 fitted but not promising so far. Can't get it to log on the laptop and the car sees to idle very rough. calibration went OK though, more to investigate tomorrow.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Blatant cross-post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    ...recal[ibration] has done the trick. Also looks like the LM Programmer with Logworks3 has an issue and had managed to set it to run between 6.3 and 6.7AFR which explains a few things! It's now set to run 15.2AFR and ticks over around 15 and 21-22 on decellaration. Here's a log of me drivng around camp after fitting theres a couple of short blasts int he middle just to see what it would do. Seems to go to about 12 with WOT in 4th from low speed. Will log it properly when I get a chance this week.

Hooked it up to the Profec but it's 0.00V@7.35AFR and 5.00V@22.4AFR but not sure if that'sset right but both are configured the same. It matches Evoscan so I guess it must be. Just need to work out how to get the Profec and e-manage to use them for mapping.......Wodjieae you reading this?

Cheers again guys I'd be lost without you all.

Excel Spreadsheet (amended to highlight data)- http://legnum.mine.nu/Downloads/96_V...e_13-09-09.xls

CSV File (Untouched)- http://legnum.mine.nu/Downloads/EvoS...3_21.24.30.csv

I'd much appreciate someone knowledgable looking over them and offering opinions and advice.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

OK, so following Steve's advice I dropped both set and gain down to a much lower level but got bored of only just reaching 11psi (especially after the disappointment of being told it didn't feel much faster than stock). So the other day I tweaked it back up past where I was getting fuel-cut but upped the gain more then the set. Expecting to get fuel cut again I was suprised to be back at 12+ psi and holding without any issues to mention. I was even more suprised as the temprature outside is now between 5 an d10 degrees cooler than before.

Glenn did mention to me a strange phenomenon like this on his so I wonder if there's anything causing it.

Name
    Mark
    Last Online
    12-03-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Lee, I believe that it's an electronic thing. When you change one setting it causes the others to react differently. Matt (Orionn20) had a name for it when I spoke to him last, he'll probably read this and enlighten us all.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

LOL, thanks Mark.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678