Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Hmm, will add pics in a bit but with me up to 42 set I got some cut and it reached 13.3 psi
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    Hmm, will add pics in a bit but with me up to 42 set I got some cut and it reached 13.3 psi
    Ok.. Was this in 3rd or 4th ? Was it Deffo Fuel Cut or was you hitting the E-01 limiter ?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Was in 3rd for the run, doubt it was the limiter as I cranked it up and the peak was only 13.3psi.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Was in 3rd for the run, doubt it was the limiter as I cranked it up and the peak was only 13.3psi.
    1 thing to ask before you go any further !

What Version of Firmware are you running on the E-01 ? Has it been updated at all since you purchased it ...

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I can't remember what the software version is but he centre and display units both claim 1.15 which is higher than anything listed at Mohdparts.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Glenn it's 1.15, 1.15, 1.48

I'm suffering fuel cut occasionally at 42, 20, 7.5. Average peak is about 12.6psi.

I reckon I need to lower the settings slightly and start accounting for the drop off in the RPM settings.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Glenn it's 1.15, 1.15, 1.48

I'm suffering fuel cut occasionally at 42, 20, 7.5. Average peak is about 12.6psi.

I reckon I need to lower the settings slightly and start accounting for the drop off in the RPM settings.
    Yes possibly you do.. What gear are you getting fuel cut in ? Or are you getting it in Multiple gears and is it at specific revs.. ie.. Higher gears and lower revs ?

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

It's in 2nd/3rd so far. I've not had too much opportunity to really open it up in 4th and 5th due to busy roads. The only time they're quiet enough is when I'm fast asleep in bed.
    I find the most annoying thing is that I can't easily transfer the log to the PC to display. I'd like to set up a camera to record it but that includes more buttons and distractions.

Last Online
    23-11-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4 coming soon

Had chance to have a little play tonight. I moved the metrics to Bar from PSI, as I now have a Deffi that measures Bar - keeping it consistent and all.

Settings I've left it at were Set 45, Gain 17, Start 0.82 Bar (11.9psi).

This is giving me a nice amount of boost with zero hesitation. It peaks at just under 1bar when it surges, and settles down to about 0.9. It fades off to about 0.8 as you get up the rev range. When I heat peak, it dips slightly below the base boost level, a bit like a wave, and then all is good. So I think I need to increase the gain a little.

At Gain 20, I start to get the hesitation. Again, it doesn't feel like fuel cut as to what people have described it, more hesitation. I've not had chance to look at the pump filter, so it'll have to stay as is for now - if that is the restriction. We'll see.

Either way, I'm happy, and will enjoy a little bit of playing on the way to Germany tomorrow.

Tim

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Tim, where in Germany are you heading to?

Mine seems happy with the settings above (42/20/0.75) and all I need to do now is start tweaking the RPM adjust. Yesterday I did a rolling run in 4th and the graph was almost perfect, I'll post pictures of it later. I was logging with Evoscan too and at WOT in 4th and 5th I had a maximum of 2.5 knock and AFRs down to 9.8.
    Last edited by Beastlee; 20-03-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Last Online
    23-11-2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4 coming soon

I'm driving over to the Eifel for the yearly pilgrimage to the Ring. Looks a bit snowy though

I have no idea what you are on about with your knocks and AFRs. Well sort of, but I wouldn't know what is good or bad -I think. Isn't 9.8 running really rich?

Tim

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

AFRs down to 9.8.
    Sounds like time you got you fuel sorted

The difference it will make, will be like running 12psi boost.. But actually still running standard boost And the Midrange Torque increase is good to

Lee.. Are you going down to the ring ? It's only an hour away from you.. Plenty VR4 peeps down there this weekend !
    Last edited by Wodjno; 20-03-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Aaargh, it's this weekend? I may come down but not on the track.

Is anyone going down the 61? We are literally right next to it just by the crossing with the 52.

How do I sort the AFRs?

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

How do I sort the AFRs?
    I thought you were going to fit an EMU ? or EMB ??

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I'm looking at the e-manage to link in but until this lot was sorted and I could get a definite recommendation I was holding out.
    What would you advise I went for? I have had a quote from mohdparts of £200 for the e-manage blue but if there's something better that you could recommend I'll look into it.
    I was going to look at an new fuel pump too, will this help?

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

I'm looking at the e-manage to link in but until this lot was sorted and I could get a definite recommendation I was holding out.
    What would you advise I went for? I have had a quote from mohdparts of £200 for the e-manage blue but if there's something better that you could recommend I'll look into it.
    I was going to look at an new fuel pump too, will this help?
    The Beauty of the Blue is that it will link to the E-01.. So you can tune and log your EMB straight from your E-01 without the need of a Laptop.. You can still use a Laptop, but you don't have to have 1 connected to have a dabble

The EMU has a lot more features but cannot link via the E-01.

An uprated pump and FPR will ensure you get enough fuel with your upgrades. But won't give you an actual power increase, unless the pump your using is faulty.. But looking at the AFR's you posted i think your pump is working OK

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Will I need the extra EMU features, not going stupid with the mods will be exhaust and induction of some sort but not much else? Laptop link isn't a problem as i am looking at fitting a carputer type unit but have my laptop handy for evoscan anyway.

Oh and is a knockl count of 2.5 still safe? Obviously I'd like it to be zero but I doubt that would be possible.

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Lee, if you're spending that much I'd go for the EMU, which will allow you to control ignition timings as well, unlocking power, smoothing the drive and possibly improving economy (if you're lucky!). You can even correct the partial throttle enrichment, control extras etc etc

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Just noticed, funnily enough, Wodj has one for sale!

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Steve, I was asking Glenn about his yesterday. I'm looking at £205 for the blue with all the extra harnesses and delivery to my door in Germany. Glenn's is £265 for the base unit and harness delivered then I'd also need the additional harnesses. I'm not sure which offers the best solution to what I want right now as the blue offers compatibility with my E-01 but the EMU does more. My only other concern is that the EMU would tempt me to play with too many aspects of the car.
    I'm so befuddled right now. In reality all I am aiming for in the short term is to sort the AFRs as for the long term.....come on RPW sort those downpipes

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast