Richard
    Last Online
    07-12-2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR4

Monthly Prize Draw: Discussions

This thread is for any discussions, comments and questions about the Monthly Prize Draw. Very best of luck to everyone.

Winners & Prizes thread: = http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32167
    Last edited by Physician; 08-06-2008 at 07:30 PM.
    RIP: Richard (Physician)

Bog standard silver VR4 except a decat pipe and quad exhaust outlets.

Name
    Lorraine
    Last Online
    20-05-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    ToyotaMR2GTI-16

What " Prize Draw" Rich?

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

Hope it's not for the quiz as Nev will be winning all the dosh lol

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

This monthly prize draw!

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

yep just spotted it

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    Today
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

nice idea,
    but isn't the club in need of better/more server space or something more importat like that to ensure the growth and survival of this site.

don't get me wrong it is a nice idea and i am sure anyone that wins the monthly draw will be very happy. but we have a monthly draw at work for our sports and social club. and i have always said to them that rather complaining that they don't get enough funding from the company, get rid of the monthly draw to recoupe some money. there are enough events to spend the money on with respects subsidizing them and the like.

Just my 2p worth.

even if the money is just kept for a rain day when things go wrong big style, because they will at some point. It always does.

another thought would be how about manual buying that could be rented out at a nominal fee to cover postage, or some banker parts that can be loaned out for diagnostic purposes, coil packs, idle control motors, multi temp sonsors/thermocouple, endoscope (for viewing cylinders/valves internals without having to do a complete stip down). something like that, something big that any normal person couldn't afford.

or just to get a spell checker on the site so people like me don't write more rubbish than intended.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Some good ideas there. And TBH, maybe some things we could consider as well as a montly draw, rather than instead of. I don't think we need more server space, we just need to use what we have in a better way. This site is HUGE for the number of users etc.

We will always keep a bit back for a rainy day - no need to worry about that.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

I still count as UK resident don't I? I have a UK postal address as well as my German one...

I support Dave's comments on this. From my point of view though, if you can give out prizes from the club funds then the cost of membership is too high. That is not to say there is a problem with the membership fee, just that it should be used for the club as a whole, not randomly returned to members. I for one would be a little upset to see a one month old member getting prizes whilst long term members keep on waiting.

Just my 2p.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    I for one would be a little upset to see a one month old member getting prizes whilst long term members keep on waiting.
    Unfortunately there's not much we can do about that part. It's like someone winning a lottery prize the first time they buy a ticket.....lucky so and so basically.

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    We will always keep a bit back for a rainy day - no need to worry about that.
    Indeed, hence the clause in the rules that we can pull the plug at any time. The financial status of the club is always discussed at committee meetings to ensure our future is secure.

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

UK only residents!!!

No flags and now discriminated against.

Can we get some clarification on the UK only part.
    "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
    Kurt Cobain

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Unfortunately there's not much we can do about that part. It's like someone winning a lottery prize the first time they buy a ticket.....lucky so and so basically.
    Well I don't play the lottery either, I know how good my luck is. There is a difference in playing the lottery...people choose to play it and handover their money to take a gamble. I hand over my membership fee to cover membership costs and gain access to the needed information, not to give other people prizes.

Name
    peter
    Last Online
    05-01-2022
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Jeep SRT8

It will also be an incentive for all the registered users to become full members when they have the chance to get there membership fee back and increase the club funds at the same time. It has to be beneficial to all in the end whether a long standing member or a new one. The lucks in the draw as they say

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

I have no problems at all with a totally open draw.

But a little unhappy with the fact it seems, Irish, Dutch, Russian and other European members, to say nothing of our Sothern Hemisfere members seemingly excluded.

If both sets of moneys from the New Zeland and UK clubs are seperate, not sure of the details. Then why not have the draw for all who pay into the UK club arena?

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

NZ and Aus are funded totally seperately, hence they are excluded.

There is certainly a need to clarify/discuss the UK only part further. Some RoW members have only paid 20 euros instead of £20. Will raise it with the committee to discuss further.

It's good we are getting such feedback so we can iron issues out at this stage.

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

I'd check you Rest of World prices Pete.

I for one know I have been paying the £20 and not €20.

No problem paying it, although when I first joined it was €20.

Or does that mean I'm due a refund...........lololol......just make me the first prize winner and we'll call it quits.....

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Beastlee
    I hand over my membership fee to cover membership costs and gain access to the needed information, not to give other people prizes.
    We do raise money elsewhere from some events, merchandise etc. We just felt this was a nice way to give something back to the members in addition to the other current benefits.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Sorry, my intention wasn't to imply I completely disagree with it, just that I don't believe it is the best way to use the funds. I also don't think offering a 12 month subscription to a member is the best choice but this is just my opinion.

I really don't think it is any use as an incentive, the discounts and information should already be more than enough for most people.

The proof will be in the pudding...

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

The idea of this, I guess, is to have a bit of fun, something to talk about, and make some members smile every month. The cost is not huge to the club, if we decided to remove it off peoples membership costs, it would not be worth saving.

If there are genuine reasons to use the money in another way, then we will listen to your view points. Please ensure you include a positive view point in your ideas as this makes it a lot easier to iron out issues, revamp the whole thing or bury it in a short amount of time. I am certainly interested in the idea of having some spare parts or tools on hand for members use.

I for one am enjoying the idea that it may get people more involved with the club, or give people a smile on a bad day, or create a bit of banter when one of the stronger characters wins something we can take the mick out of. The evil part of me is also looking forward to the occaisonal whinge - without which we would certainly not be British!

Name
    Robert
    Last Online
    21-07-2021
    Country
    Ireland
    Car
    Skoda Superb

Ah, The Great British Whinger, where would the world be without them.......

A good idea, just needs to be done right, that's where these things have a tendency to fall down.

As I have great experience with in work, the guy that used to arrange a draw every once in a while would be garenteed to mess it up somewhere.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast