Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Renewal (Lifesure vs Sky Insurance)

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

Insurance Renewal (Lifesure vs Sky Insurance)

OK, it's time for my insurance renewal. I thought, given that both Lifesure and Sky Insurance are both competing for CVR4 business these days I would give them both an opportunity to give me their best price and I will pass on my findings to the club here.

So, I am currently with Lifesure and my renewal notice has just come through and it came in at £552.99 (that's with 9 years NCB, guaranteed, 31yrs old on a mildly modded VR-4)

Let's see what Sky Insurance can do for me ...
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Tommi Makinen Edition

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

I think from what im paying as a 31 year old with similar NCB SKY should beat that by at least £20-30

Ollie is prob best to speak to if you get the choice.

Good luck.

Mike
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

Well ... just got off the phone and was very impressed with the quote that I got from Sky Insurance

I asked to speak to Ollie, as I know he is their car club contact, but he was out of the office today. Spoke to a chap called Danny instead and he was very helpful

The quote I received was ... £346.00. So, a whole £206.99 cheaper than my renewal from Lifesure. That said, the quote was for protected NCB rather than guaranteed NCB, which is better.

I was also very pleased that they did not try to hastle me into taking out the policy today

I will now give Lifesure the chance to beat that price but I think that is going to be very tough.

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    20-01-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2000 VR4 Estate

I'm not very happy with Lifesure at the moment, the service I've had from them has been pretty dismal to be honest.

My car was impounded last month because they hadn't sent me an updated cover note, or any window disc even with my original cover note. (Turns out you legally have to have a valid window disc displayed here in Jersey to prove you're insured, as we're not on the UK national vehicle insurance database.)

I got them to send me a window disc and cover note in the post and got my car back so, fair enough, you accept one mistake. But guess what? The cover note and disc expired on Sunday and, despite having called them up to chase a replacement last week, I've just got back from checking my post box and I still have nothing!

Not able to drive my car due to a lack of paperwork for insurance I've already paid for = not a happy chap!

Name
    Malc
    Last Online
    29-11-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Audi S3 3000GT
    My Garage
    Visit

Made a similar enquiry to SKY last week about the other half's 3000GT. Spoke to Danny and they came in £130 less than Adrian Flux renewal . However, spoke to Adrian Flux with a view to cancel and they just knocked £145 off the renewal fee - same company, same policy

Name
    Don
    Last Online
    12-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '07 Shogun LWB
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by MPBVr4
    Made a similar enquiry to SKY last week about the other half's 3000GT. Spoke to Danny and they came in £130 less than Adrian Flux renewal . However, spoke to Adrian Flux with a view to cancel and they just knocked £145 off the renewal fee - same company, same policy
    In my experience Insurance companies will never give you the lowest quote they can. There is ALWAYS room for manuever.

Pisses me off to be honest. Companies out to make as much as they can from unsuspecting clients.

'07 Satin Black Shogun (Running), '98 Black Legnum VR4 Super (In Storage), '01 2.0 Silver Manual Galant Estate (Daily Driver), '98 Silver Colt (Dead), '97 Trigger Mauve Legnum VR4 Shell (Doner for Super)

Also in the family: '07 Mini Cooper, '05 2.0 Lancer Sport Estate

Name
    Paul Beazer
    Last Online
    27-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V50

Well they are in the business of making money........
    I agree they do always hold something back, just give me the best you can offer damit!
    No longer empty and frantic...

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by White Lightning
    Well ... just got off the phone and was very impressed with the quote that I got from Sky Insurance

I asked to speak to Ollie, as I know he is their car club contact, but he was out of the office today. Spoke to a chap called Danny instead and he was very helpful

The quote I received was ... £346.00. So, a whole £206.99 cheaper than my renewal from Lifesure. That said, the quote was for protected NCB rather than guaranteed NCB, which is better.

I was also very pleased that they did not try to hastle me into taking out the policy today

I will now give Lifesure the chance to beat that price but I think that is going to be very tough.
    What modsdo you have Wayne? And what category is the area of where u live ..

Cheers

WODJ

Name
    Doug
    Last Online
    03-10-2015
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    2.5 V6 Estate
    My Garage
    Visit

My GDI is ~ £190, IIRC. But it's £450 for a VR4/Legnum with the same company.

Because I was bored the other night, I tried confused.com.

The lowest was £182.51 (including protected NCB) for a UK sourced car from Swiftcover, and £229.17 from Budget Insurance Services for an import (I think).

Name
    Wayne
    Last Online
    23-11-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo VI TME

Quote Originally Posted by WODJNO
    What modsdo you have Wayne? And what category is the area of where u live ..

Cheers

WODJ
    If you click on my user name you can view my car and details

I did mention all of the mods and also asked about the affect of adding an EBC later. Apparently, that will add about £40-£50 to the premium.

Going to call Lifesure tomorrow ...

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Lifesure were £50 cheaper than Sky for me. £374.... all mods declared

Name
    Stuart
    Last Online
    18-09-2017
    Country
    England
    Car
    nowt

this year I seem to remember
    Adrian Flux
    Lifesure
    Sky but not a lot in it
    but went with sky as the term over the year worked out cheaper

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Thats an incredible difference between Lifesure and Sky.

Wayne, can you do me a favour, and ask to speak to Gary at Lifesure tomorrow. When you do, get him to come on here and respond to this thread if possible.

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    Thats an incredible difference between Lifesure and Sky.

Wayne, can you do me a favour, and ask to speak to Gary at Lifesure tomorrow. When you do, get him to come on here and respond to this thread if possible.
    I'll be speaking to Lifesure again tomorrow.. And then to Sky for a quote on my New Leggy

Name
    ian
    Last Online
    26-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4/24vc
    My Garage
    Visit

I'm with life sure till 3 august not had renewal through yet though
    am day off tommorow so will be on phone gettig a few quotes !
    ian

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

So with Wayne, Glenn and Ian there's a potential 3 pieces of business there tomorrow, so I hope Gary can pull some stops out

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    So with Wayne, Glenn and Ian there's a potential 3 pieces of business there tomorrow, so I hope Gary can pull some stops out
    I hope so to

Lifesure haven't let me down yet

And i have put some serious business there way over last few years

They even came out on top for the RX7, Alfa 156 JTD, 106 diesel.. And a 1 month 1 off payment for the Black VR4 for £45

sO HERE TO T'MORA

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Ok.. Heres an Update..

Lifesures quote.. £410.. this is with less Mods than i had on my last VR4 and more expensive I mentioned this and 20 seconds later the quote was down to £345

I then rang Sky ... Told them my lowest quote from Lifesure..Put on hold.. 1 min later i ahe a quote for £300 exactly

I'm just about to ring Lifesure back as they say to ring them if i get a cheaper quote elsewhere..

Wish me luck

Name
    Glenn
    Last Online
    18-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    FL MT Type-S

Rang Lifesure back... They said they cannot go lower than £345...

They then said that if i cancelled my insurance with Lifesure and went with Sky i would not be better off as i would have to pay an early cancellation fee..
    I said i now this.. But the quote you have given me is still not competetive with Sky Insurance..

If it were a completely new policy then SKY would be 13% cheaper

I have had all my policy's with Lifesure for the last 5 years except for 1st year with the GDi for MRS WODJ..

So thats 5 years cover on the Silver VR, 3 years cover on the GDi, 2 years cover on the Pug 106, 1 years cover on the Mazda 323 zxi, 4 months cover on the Alfa JTD, 1 month cover on the Black Leggy VR4, and my present insurance on the RX7.. As well as 5 years breakdown cover for both me and Mrs Wodj..
    In all that time i have had 1 claim for a small scuff to the rear wing n bumper to the VR

And they are willing for me to cancel my existing policy's with them and take my custom elsewhere

All i was asking was to match it and i would have been happy But now i'm not

I will out of principle cancel both Mine and Mrs Wodjies policies and insure thru Sky Insurance.. Even if it is at a loss..

"SO MUCH FOR LOYALTY"

EDIT: AND NOT FORGETTING ALL OF THE 10's of THOUSANDS OF POUNDS OF BUSINESS I HAVE PUT THERE WAY OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS BY SINGING THERE PRAISES
    Last edited by White Lightning; 16-07-2008 at 05:30 PM.

Name
    Andrew
    Last Online
    27-02-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Galant V6 TT

Been with Lifesure a while now and have 3 cars with them. They always do come up trumps, but my only gripe is that you do have to play them even on renewal. In this internet world I'm sure not many people just renew without checking other quotes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast